Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 02:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation Futaba 14MZ and TM-14 module ...... problem

Hello everyone

I have bought a second-hand Futaba 14MZ that cames with 72MHz module and also with a Spektrum module and both are working file, the region code is America and recently I bought a Futaba TM-14 module from ebay from Hong Kong and the seller told me it will work with my TX if the TX is region code - America but when I plug the module I have a message "Mismatched RF-Module" and as far I as read on the net there is a difference in the region code between the TX and the module.
I did all kind of things, I updated the latest firmware on my TX, I even tried that TM14 utility to change the region code on my TX but when I downgrade the firmare o my TX and put the utility file on mu CF card when I power up the TX I got the following message "File not Found ...... Please make sure that file ..... blablabla"

Please, please how can I solve my problems?

Thanks and best regards to all.

Last edited by Teo-Costin; 05-19-2012 at 08:22 AM..
Teo-Costin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's telling you that you do not have a model programmed with the 2.4 frequency selection. Go into the frequency menu and select FASST 7[channel or FASST multi. When you switch back to the 72 module you will see the same message if you do not have a 72 MHz model selected. It is telling you to make sure your TX and RX for that model are the same frequency.

The bottom of this page has a chart that shows which RX work with the 14MZ FASST module. For the 7-channel and below you need to select 7-CHannel FASST, for everything else you select Multi FASST.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/receivers/air.html

Make sure you have the latest update. They are all inclusive and contain all previous updates in them. It is not a good idea to try to go backwards as well.

Updates are here (for US coded radios): http://www.futaba-rc.com/software-updates.html

This is the 14MZ manual: http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/14mz-comp-manual-v1.pdf

This is the manual for the TM-14 module: http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/tm14-manual.pdf
Old 05-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
It's telling you that you do not have a model programmed with the 2.4 frequency selection. Go into the frequency menu and select FASST 7[channel or FASST multi. When you switch back to the 72 module you will see the same message if you do not have a 72 MHz model selected. It is telling you to make sure your TX and RX for that model are the same frequency.

The bottom of this page has a chart that shows which RX work with the 14MZ FASST module. For the 7-channel and below you need to select 7-CHannel FASST, for everything else you select Multi FASST.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/receivers/air.html

Make sure you have the latest update. They are all inclusive and contain all previous updates in them. It is not a good idea to try to go backwards as well.

Updates are here (for US coded radios): http://www.futaba-rc.com/software-updates.html

This is the 14MZ manual: http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/14mz-comp-manual-v1.pdf

This is the manual for the TM-14 module: http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/tm14-manual.pdf
Hello Sir and thanks for you response and I would like to add the following:

- the TX has the latest update software for Futaba website
- when I go to Frequesncy menu I do not see an option to change FASST 7 channel or FASST multi
- I already have a 72MHz module and a Spektrum module and both are working fine but not this TM-14 2.4GHz module

I appreciate any help

Thanks and best regards
Old 05-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not sure what to tell you. You should see a selection to choose the 2.4 band. Are you certain you have the latest update? I would try reloading that since you tried to go backwards. You should see a button to select the band. It likely says G3-PCM now. Touch that and see if you get the other choices.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I already installed the latest update after I downgrade the firmware to use that special utility trying to change the area code in TX, right now I have the latest update, the problem is that the TX does not see the TM-14 module, what I think is that the TX is region code AMERICA and maybe since I gought the TM-14 module from Hong Kong it is set to Hong Kong or Asia region code because the little icon on the main screen of my TX, that shows the module, it's not active.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

The 14mz utility software will only work with ver 1.3 (of the top of my head) and below. You need to downgrade to that, configure then upgrade to 1.7

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Morley F1 60 Max (OS 61LX-H), Hirobo SDX (OS 55HZ-H, GY701), Trex 450SE + some planks
MarkD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 02:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know and I already did that, downgrade to 1.3.1 but when I put the utility to my card and power on the TX I get the message error that the file was not found and the file is in the root of the card ..... here is my confussion ..... after downgrade, do I have to leave the files for update on the root of my card as it is, copy the utility in the same place near those files and put the switch for update into the update position, because if I do so the update will start again .....

Last edited by Teo-Costin; 05-20-2012 at 06:30 AM..
Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, now I see what you are trying to do. I am not certain that you can go backward with the operating system to allow you to use the service meus. I think once you have the most recent update installed even if you go backwards it will not allow access to the service menu. I'm out of ideas short of sending the TX and module into your local service center to see if they can set the TX to recognize the module.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

You must change region code in Your 14MZ to Europe since You live in Europe. The Hong Kong region codeded TM-14 module will not be allowed to be used in Europe. Use a TM-14 module with CE sticker on it and region code Europe.

I'm sure You can sell the TM-14 module Hong Kong on ebay and get some for it.

You can see in System menu, Information, what region code/Area your transmitter is set to - at least that is where I can see it on my 14MZ (I use firmware with Encoder 1.44 + Editor 1.6.0 but there is a newer Encoder 1.47 + Editor 1.7 but I did not think I needed that latest update).

It is possible to change region code Yourself with the right utility and and firmware (I have done it) but it is meant Futaba Service center should do it.
You need to downgrade to Encoder 1.39 + Editor 1.3.1 to be able to change region code with T14mzUtility.exe
Region codes/Areas possible to change to is this - see image below.
Efter a sucessful region change You can upgrade to desired firmware.

/Bo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	regions.JPG
Views:	638
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	320201  

Last edited by bossee; 05-28-2012 at 04:02 AM..
bossee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi people, just to check, does the 18MZ have this regional lock thing ? as i'm planning to upgrade my 14mz to 18mz. I live in Singapore, but i'll be going to USA for holiday. Might get it from there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in