Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 01:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lepton 5s Advice needed

Guys,

I have been flying my lepton on a Hyperion 3025-10 motor and Hyperion 4s 3700 cells for about 2 years (Phoenix 60 ESC). My hyperion cells have lost power now, after 2 years but probably only about 50 cycles I think.

I have a bunch of new FP 5s 3700 cells for an electric plane and I would like to use them in the lepton and stick with 5S cells so I can keep one cell family.

Question is, what would I need to change in my lepton from the current setup to make it fly best with excellent power for the 5S configuration?

Can I keep the motor, pinion, ESC, or do they all need to be changed. I am not looking for the ultimate 3D masters setup but something great which will allow good 3D and good flight times (7 mins plus).

Finally last question, can I use the FP 5S 3700 for the lepton or do you recommend some other 5S batteries?

Any advice will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Vipul
vipul is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 07:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just recently upgraded my lepton to a 5s setup (from a 3s2p setup) and I am loving it! Here is what I am running

Hacker A30-12XL
21t Pinion
Phoenix 60 ESC
& Flight Power 5s 3300Mah

If your already running 4s then you have a stand alone BEC, I had to get one for my upgrade.

So as for your question, what you will have to change...
I would change the motor, I have hear of plenty of people burning up the hyperion 3025-10 on 5s (Fineless included). And probibly your pinion, not sure on those batteries, you may not be able to get 7min plus on them due to weight. I can do mild sport flying with mine and easly get 6-7 mins with juice left to spare. Last check I was taking about 1200-1500mah out of the packs.

Hope this helps,
Retired Helis - Blade CX, Blade CPP, TRex450SE,
cybinary is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The problem is that you would be going from 380 gram batteries to 480 grams
That's going to make life harder and increase the wing loading
May be ok as you don't want a 3D thrasher
You may just squeeze them into the Lepton - will be close

I'm using 5S 3000 to 3300 mah packs

You could offset the weight by putting the longer boom and main blades onto the Lepton

The spec sheet says the 3025-10 is a 2S to 4S motor
http://www.aircraft-world.com/prod_d.../z3025spec.htm
If you try it use a 20T or 21T pinion

The 3025-12 is an option - 24T pinion

The Kora motors are very good - but a little hard to obtain now

Gryphon field rep
Jafa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So is no one using a FP 3700 5S ? Will I be able to loop and roll and tic tock with it already or is it just good for hovering around ? If I have to buy all new 5S batteries, I willprobably just stick with 4S.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

jeez... I've been flying on 5s3700's for a year now with kora 15-14w / jazz 80-6-18 / 19T pinion / Logictech 6100T. I get about 7 min flights at 2800rpm. I *really* like this setup. I don't care what anyone says. My friend just put together a trex500 and with the same batteries his was a full half pound heavier and his flies fine. The newest FP EVO25 5s3700s fit better than the old ones. Don't ask why because I don't know. Somehow they are ever so slightly smaller than they used to be.
prototype3a is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

hmmm, where did you get that kora motor, I heard I can try the Hyperion 3025/14 instead? What do you think?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

IIRC the hyperions are not rated for 5s and can't really handle it. I got mine from readyheli... If I had the choice I'd like to try the Kora 15-16w or one of the kora 25s but I don't think anyone has the 25.
prototype3a is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in