Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I need the goodies for Lepton 6S set up..

was leaning towards T500 but I found a good deal on lepton, so i ended up with this one.. Are both similar in size?

what i need are the

1. what servos? futaba 3155 or 3150 or airtronics ? #
2. want to go with 6S but what capacity? fit? also, approx. run time?
3. what motor for it? Kora 15-16?
4. what gyro?

also, anyone have a pic of the 6S set up? and also how about the flight time?

is that a new heli? Oh no honey, its the same one w/different stickers.....
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 07:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm using the airtronics 94761 servo's on my lepton with great success.
If going 6s i would look at weight and size issues, maybe 6s 2000->2200mah sizes(measure battery tray for fit). Flying time not sure.
Can't go wrong with the Kora 15-16 with either 19t or 20t pinion.
The Futaba 401 gyro should work fine, but i myself use the CSM sl560 micro gyro.
I've got over 200+ flights on my Lepton(4s) and its still as tight as the day i bought it.
3secondsToImpact is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm only on 4s flightpower with a jeti spin55 and on the axi 2826/10 and I'm a noob so I don't know much about using 6s setup.
The 401 giro seems to be the most used on the lepton which is why I chose it,great results so far but I'm not doin any 3d yet,but most people find the tail lets go with the stock blades.
If you check out the next few pages there is a few posts from people talking about 5s and 6s setup so you should find what you are looking for,you are gonna love the build,it goes together lovely.
sorry I don't know any more.
from danny (noob)
almost forgot 3150 I'm using with 9650 tail,works great
lepton ex123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have been using a Kora 15-14 with a 19T pinion and 6s. I take 2 3s Air Thunder packs and stagger them in a Z shape, similar to a tetris piece. I had to take out the plastic battery trays to allow enough clearance for the batteries. However, this seems to be just fine. With the 6s 2200 batteries, I get about 4 minutes of hard 3D flying at about 3000 head speed. The Lepton is absolutely insane on this setup! I really love flying this one.
docjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Oh, I also am using the 770 3D gyro with a 3400 servo. I was very tail heavy when using my 401/9254 combo. The tail piro rate is much more consistent with the 770. I was thinking about getting a Scorpion motor.

Just remember that you can use TRex 500 pinions because they're the same pitch as the Lepton pinions.
docjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2008, 07:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

At 6s the highes capacity that is gonna fit is 3000mah. Might be interesting (difficult) to find some that will fit though. 6s2500 should fit however. I have 3s2500s (evolites) and 2 will fit. It sounds like you're going for a light setup so I'd suggest either the DS760 or the logictech 2100. For the servo I'd look at the 9257 or the new 3500G. For cyclics I'd go for the airtronics ones. They fit well, are fast and center nicely. I'd use the microheli silver T500 tail servo mount and put it on the boom. You may need to put a layer of packaging tape around the boom to make it fit but it should work as the leptons boom is only ever so slightly smaller. I would also upgrade to the microheli T500 boom supports. The stock lepton ones are a little flimsy. The landing gear kinda suck so you can either mod the T500 ones or go with the Gaui 550 gear as many of us have done.

Oh and if you fly like I do (2800rpm/+/-11) you should get around 6min
prototype3a is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My setup is the Kora 15-14, and pairing 2 3s TP2200 packs. With an 18 t pinion and CC80 ESC I'm getting over 3000 rpm and 4 min 3D. It is probably my most overpowered heli. You need good packs for 6s, I ran a pair of old TP 2170 packs and thought I roached them but they are OK. I had the 3 volt BEC cutoff kick in as I was landing at 4 min with some TP 2070 packs so the 4 min limit is for real. Goood thing the Lepton autos well. I just put a 17t pinion on this morning but haven't flown it yet, I want to run my ESC at 100% flat and the heli really winds up with 18t. I'll post my results later but you have to lengthen the motor mount slots a bit to get the gear mesh. I used the Airtronics servos and a Logictech 6100 tail servo/gyro with the Readyheli full size servo mount kit, get their bigger tailblades and definitely try to get the Gaui gear. The stock gear is way too flexi.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a bunch of flights now on my Lepton with 6s (2 3s 2200 Thunder Power packs) and Kora 15-14 with 17t pinion. This setup is the s---! I measured the rpm on the ground at flat pitch to peak at 3060. This is the same rpm I got with the 18t pinion. But now everything stays cooler and the amp draw is slightly less. I fly hard 3D 4 minutes and then land. The packs are 110-120 degrees, the motor is 105-115 degrees on an 85 degree day. The packs are taking 1500 mAh to recharge. I could fly a little longer. Today I flew this setup back to back with my Trex600n (YS50/Hatori) very similar power, the Lepton might be quicker. If you are worried about pairing up your 3s 2200 mAh packs with a "Y" harnes don't be, it works great and they usually recharge to within a few mAh of each other. I wouldn't waste my time with 4s after this experience. I haven't bogged the head bad enough to lose the tail since I started running 6s.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in