Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 03:11 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, I got frames and they look great. Just make the battery tray a little bit larger I can put 8 cll A123 and the heli is in good balanced. Try to get pics next days.
caotri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Please post pics of the 8s A123!!!! I also want to go for A123.
also can someone explain the difference in the 3 frames, G10, carbon and the silver. weights, strenghts etc.
thanks
concept1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2008, 07:48 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys!
I a, sorry for late reply and pics post. just because it is new year time in Viet Nam. Here is pics:

Full system with:
Rotor work frame, Z20 A 1470 motor, CC80 ESC, Cylic servos futaba 3050 digital, Gyro 611 and BLS251
This is Rotowork frame and I have to put washer in front 3 links to make frame 3 more mm larger to fit 8S A123.

Closer view

From front view

tail case hdx550 and Microheli tail rotor . Thanks Microheli for this test tail rotor and working great even at 2500rpm HS.

with 8S A123

The only problem now is the heli is 1.95kg without battery and with 8S A123 it is almost 2.6kg. it seem the sevo and gyro so heavy.

caotri
Old 02-11-2008, 02:12 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Instructions?

Is there a PDF available somewhere with assembly instructions? Not sure if these are supposed to come with a set of instructions, but mine didn't.

Very nice set of frames otherwise
lightbulbjim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2008, 02:26 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

How it flies?

Thanks for the pics!
thegamer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbulbjim View Post
Is there a PDF available somewhere with assembly instructions? Not sure if these are supposed to come with a set of instructions, but mine didn't.

Very nice set of frames otherwise
sorry guys here is a link they are still under construction but it will get you to putting the servos in

http://rotorworkz.com/html/fcs.html
Old 02-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Charley!
lightbulbjim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

got my G10 version SAT, man can't wait to get it finished, I am about 1/2 done with the build, so far my impressions ARE this is no doubt the best frame choice out!.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:21 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool keep us posted show som pics
Old 02-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok Charley, I did manage to find one thing you could improve on! if you could for us guys who are flying A123 cells, as you know we need to widen the lower frame, I found the perfect way to do this is to use my left over Trex 450 aluminum grip spacers, they are the same diameter as your spacers and one on each side fits the A123's perfectly. so I end up with a very nice looking spacer, better then adding washers. the problem is the lower battery tray. if you could possibly extend the 4 tabs on the lower tray that would allow us to easily widen the top and bottom of the lower frame, and for those not widening it, well having the tabs stick out the side of the frame 1mm is not a problem, or they can sand them off if they choose. as it is now if I widen the bottom of the frame the lower tray will not fit, it just falls out! my options are to cut my own tray 1 or 2mm wider, or most likely I will just cut and bolt on new tabs to the original plate. or leave the bottom As is, I beleive I can stuff my packs in their, 7s fits no problem with just the top widened, depending on balance 8s may or may not fit without wideing the lower. I hope to finish up tonight and get some pics. I just can't decide how to lay out my electronics, to many options on this frame! if I go with the boom mount tail servo, that opens up the spot in the frame for the servo , I can mount my Rx their, leaving the whole bottom tray open for possibly rear access to Lipo's (maybe battery changing with no canopy removal)?? again depending on balance!
Old 02-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #71 (permalink)

My HF Map location

charley could you possibly let me know where you sourced the threaded inserts that are used where the servos attach (i think they are called broaching nuts or self clinching nuts) as i am in need of 50-100 of them in M2 thread. thanks in advance
Happy|Harry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorworkz View Post
Here is approx bay area specs 48mm tall x 49.5mm wide

Charley
Are these specs final?
Its possible to fly with 2x2500 3S1P?
Timmey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have 49mm width and 51mm in height to work with

Hope that helps
Old 03-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You have 49mm width and 51mm in height to work with

Hope that helps
That helps a lot :-) I ordered one at helidirect.com
Old 03-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here is some pics specs are

Z30-1100 with 14 tooth
MAH 515's
Flightpower 6s1p 3300
6100t gyro / servo
Futaba 9650's using Rotorworkz sevo adapters
Kool flight 6 Volt UBEC
CC80
Spektrum 7channel RX

Also note the Boom mounted Servo. I will have Boom mounts with plates for Standard and 9650 servos

Charley
Charley, can you say me where I can buy these "Futaba 9650's Rotorworkz sevo adapters". I can't find it at helidirect.com
Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Timmey,

You can Obtain some through
http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=6287
or Myself directly as I currently donot have them added to the site
Old 03-04-2008, 12:42 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Charley.

Another question maybe I want to buy some more Rotorworkz FCS Frames. My silver FCS is shipped now :-) Whats the difference between the g10 and CF frame in strength and weight?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:17 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

I have received my brand new Carbon frame yesterday after two weeks of wait. It’s very nice I really like the detail and finish of it. It was well worth the wait

Last night I ve stay up, building it, until very late as you could understand I couldn’t wait. I have finish the assembly and when installing the shaft and gears I ve notice that spinning the main shaft has very hard!!!!
After a close inspection I found out that when spinning the shaft a cracking noise starts as like all the gears (Autorotation gear, secondary and pulley gear) are to close together and when spinning they make this noise with each other.
Does anyone come across this ….Can you help??? I have followed closely the internet instructions and I think I have built this as close as possible….
Is there any way I can install the metal bearing housings a few millimeters away from each other in order to free them a bit and move more freely.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Could some one please explain to a nob what the big difference is between G10 silver CF and black CF except the price ! espescially black and silver CF! isn't it both carbon Fiber????

I am lost here!

I really like this Frame Design. With the stock frame i am unable to balance my heli with the bigger packs i am flying!! even with the tailservo on the boom.

the only thing that holds me back from ordering one right now is the problem withe the bearingblocks not beeing in the correct spot as Madedon wrote.

Is this a genral issue or just a single case??
Stallion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madedon View Post
Hi

I have received my brand new Carbon frame yesterday after two weeks of wait. It’s very nice I really like the detail and finish of it. It was well worth the wait

Last night I ve stay up, building it, until very late as you could understand I couldn’t wait. I have finish the assembly and when installing the shaft and gears I ve notice that spinning the main shaft has very hard!!!!
After a close inspection I found out that when spinning the shaft a cracking noise starts as like all the gears (Autorotation gear, secondary and pulley gear) are to close together and when spinning they make this noise with each other.
Does anyone come across this ….Can you help??? I have followed closely the internet instructions and I think I have built this as close as possible….
Is there any way I can install the metal bearing housings a few millimeters away from each other in order to free them a bit and move more freely.
I got the same problem with 3 of frame I bought from helidirect. the silver version anespecially with 20T oneway bearing gear.
I have to hold out the fiber to move this a little bit oneway gear and front tail polley out and itis smooth.
However I have the tail vibration with headspeed under 2200rpm. if about 2400rpm it seem ok.
I got 20 flys and can not fix the tail vibration upto now with about 2000rpm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in