Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
HSC
Registered Users

Default binding,binding.....

Hello boys !
I try to reprogram my unit several times and I just can not avoid ciclic binding in the korners of the swash in all pich positions. I have set servo travel too 60 pich mixer to 127 to reach desire angles.
But still have problems in flightmode, when I goo too the corners with the sticks.
I did not noticeced if GT have ciclic ring to turn it on, this could bee solution.
Previously i have fly same setup with beastx and have no problem at all with setings.
But GT5 is real PITA for this korners.
I em a litle afraid too burn this expensive servos in flight.
Anybody have an idea how too avoid this problem ?

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

HSC, thats a problem with gt 5, what i did was to move balls closer to servo centre to get max resolution and not binding, then when you set cyclic to 8 degrees in setup you should be ok, if not you can set limits.
It really needs a cyclic ring!
However if you say corners, check this but not full pitch, you wont go to the corners on full pitch,so check around midstick. Also if it only binds in corners but not at full ail and el get a cyclic ring for your tx,
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 02:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSC View Post
Hello boys !
I try to reprogram my unit several times and I just can not avoid ciclic binding in the korners of the swash in all pich positions. I have set servo travel too 60 pich mixer to 127 to reach desire angles.
But still have problems in flightmode, when I goo too the corners with the sticks.
I did not noticeced if GT have ciclic ring to turn it on, this could bee solution.
Previously i have fly same setup with beastx and have no problem at all with setings.
But GT5 is real PITA for this korners.
I em a litle afraid too burn this expensive servos in flight.
Anybody have an idea how too avoid this problem ?

Thanks
What heli is your GT5 on? I think what Stolla said to do with moving the balls in on the servo arms is your best option.

I use a GT5 on a FBL converted Align 700N. It flies great now, but I had to turn Servo Travel all the way down. I think this may cause some loss of servo resolution. By moving the balls in on the servo arms I should be able to increase the Servo
Travel values in the GT5 and have my heli fly even better.

Don't get me wrong, even as it is and without much tweeking yet, thet GT5 works every bit as good if not better than a BeastX. And it looks so much cooler with the touch screen, OLED display and no old tech mechanical potentiometers for gain.
rexxigpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
HSC
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello !
First thanx for the replays !
It is X2 gaui with ds 95 Servos on the ciclic
This sevos are soo strong, they easyly bend the main shaft in binding.
I put shorter arms, put balls closer too center, increash servo travel to 80, too get 8deg.
Same problem, binding in the corners.........grrrrrrrr
This thing desperatly need update, for this basic things, wich are allready equiped in other fbl systems.
Regards
Old 02-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I solved the binding issue by using the servo limits.

Reset all G-T5 servos and swash settings to default.
Set Servo Limits A,B of all 3 servos until no binding at corners. All values A,B for all 3 servos must be the same.
Forget the Servo travel settings. Go straight to Swash Pitch mix for +/-11 degree.
Once done, exit to normal mode and you should not have any bindings.

Guruduck.
guruduck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in