Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > NextD - Rave 450 and 90

NextD - Rave 450 and 90 CJY Rave 450 and 90 Helicopter Kit - ND-YR-K001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The ENV uses trailing edge tail control. Each company makes their stuff a little differently.

Use the general rule of thumb for tail setup though. Never, ever go by the slider direction. Only go by the trailing edge of the blades. Stick left, trailing edge left. Stick right, trailing edge right.
And with gyro comp. .. move the tail back and forth and the trailing edge of the blades should follow in the same direction.

YS Powered Rave ENV Stretch Protos 500, Stretch Mini Protos, 180 Trio
gitbse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks. I had just never seen any other heli do it that way. With my experience, TT and Sab anyway! Will be set up correctly tomorrow
Old 09-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Helifreak member Rhodesengr ( Posting on BarvarianDeamon) sent me these videos on tail direction. They really helped me.

How to: Check gyro and tail compensation on RC Helis (1 min 26 sec)

How to: Check gyro and tail compensation on RC Helis (1 min 26 sec)
Old 09-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Finally got my maiden in 1st flight showed about 7 adjustments needed... 2nd flight was awesome I still need to do a bit more adjustments with gain values to get it perfect, but I'm very happy with it. It was quieter than I was expecting. I wasn't expecting how well it was going to float on the throttle hold landing either. I did let it float too long on the landing and almost tipped it over on the first flight! The wind wasn't helping at a steady 12-15 kts. The motor has plenty of power for my style of flying. And I am also happy with a 6 minute flight time at 2000 rpm. I think I will set my throttle curve up for 1700, 1850, and 2000. I tried 1500 for a little bit and that was too low for my liking.

I think I will be enjoying this heli for a long time! Maybe someday I will upgrade it for the helical gears and sliding battery tray. I also might get another to put a gas engine in at some point as well.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepilot2003 View Post

I think I will be enjoying this heli for a long time! Maybe someday I will upgrade it for the helical gears and sliding battery tray. I also might get another to put a gas engine in at some point as well.

You will. In my local crowd there are some guys who have "goblin-boners." I would NEVER trade my ENV for a goblin. Ever..

Glad you got it flying. Enjoy your awesome new machine. It still has possibly the largest air presence of any 700. It even seems larger than the goblin 770 sometimes. Flies much lighter though.

I would recommend the helical tail gears if you are running a large 45xx series motor. The standard gears can take abuse, but it's another measure of safety. I was going to put the steels on, but then I went nitro. And tail gears breathe a huge sigh of relief with a nitro engine.

YS Powered Rave ENV Stretch Protos 500, Stretch Mini Protos, 180 Trio
gitbse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in