Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Programming tips for the 12Z

This post will be used to list programming tips, suggestions, procedures and other useful information relating to programming the 12Z.

Posts NOT adhering to the above description, will be DELETED.

The TITLE of each post must summarize what it's about, e.g. "Programming the GV1".

If you have questions, you see problems in a post that require correction or otherwise want to comment on a post in this thread, please either PM the original poster directly or open a SEPARATE topic and reference the post in question from there. DO NOT ADD REPLIES TO THIS THREAD!

Tip away ... :mrgreen:
RCfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Official 12Z FAQ

Official 12Z FAQ

Always consult the official 12Z FAQ section from Futaba before asking for help. Many questions are already answered in their info.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-12z.html
RCfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Servo Acceleration

Ok i was wondering how complicated this is to do, and if it makes noticiable difference in flight with quikness? Also on the pich how would you do it for the pitch same way as for the elevator and aileron?

Representing:
AMain Hobbies, XNova Motors
Jason Bell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

The acceleration feaure is for pitch only on heli, think you can other channel asignment for planks, I use this on all my machines and the ammount used depends on blades and dampners. For v blades 690 I use 35 acceleration with 25% dumping and set the act position to 10% stick and 90% stick and the normal pitch setting to around + - 12 deg For 710 v blades you need to reduce things a bit first the total colective to + - 11 and acceleration to 20% keep dumping the same
Head dampers are important here too soft and the heli puts alot of cyclic interaction in when you punch it and too hard the same result but a bit less!
For all other blades Radix SAB ect Set acceleration to 35-40% and dumping to 30 this will wake up any blade that may feel spongey when hard pitch reversals are given, You can ofcource increase theese values alot but run the risk of serious binding as the extra pitch delivery is too fast to see and check for binding!!
switch it on it's a blast!!!! :twisted:
RickyM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I downloaded the latest 12Z update software. The new "Virtual Cyclic Ring" is great.
Also yes it does up the PPM to 12 channels. It's selectable 8/12. This is good for the XPS Universal 10 channel module since it plugs into the trainer port and needs the PPM side.
hoot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Why would you want to use the XPS module and only have 10 channels? When you can use the Futaba 2.4 ghz module for the 12Z/14MZ and have 12 channels plus the 2048 resolution that is used now with G3.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2007, 03:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Some people are going to go with what's available now, as opposed to waiting. I'd say cost might be an issue, but I have a hard time selling that one to myself when it's a $1200 radio involved.

-Planks are like feel-good buddy movies, and helis are like horror movies. You just gotta like being scared.
Trooper Sam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2007, 04:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess the big thing is cost. I don't need 12 channels. 10 is more than enough for my near term future.

For $199 XPS sells the module and the receiver. 10 channel receivers $99 each.
XPS looks to have a great system. It's based on military technology. It has some neat future potential to feed back data like battery voltage and engine temp... already built in. I had the sensor module in my hand at Toledo. XPS will deliver. They are proving it every day while Futaba and JR are crying because they missed the boat. The little antenna is drawing me near. I would bet XPS will give us the rest of the channels if we need them.

Futaba is gonna be a wallet snatcher...

Figure $300 for the module and $300+ for each receiver. I have 5 helis.

Fully equip...

XPS $600
Futaba $1800+

Right now I'm flying 1024 PCM with my 12Z cause I sold off my G3 receivers before the big price collapse. On the bench I see NO latency when I move my sticks. XPS resolution is way up there. I don't think latency is a problem at this point. I think Futaba pricing is a problem. Look at G3 receivers... nobody wants them because they are questionable. They are proof that Futaba isn't perfect and I don't feel they can justify their pricing structure because of the G3 debacle. They must be pocketing the R&D money.

With that track record, will Futaba FASST be reliable? Who knows? They were in 2.4ghz for a long time and only now are making it available due to competition. Why is that?
hoot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2007, 04:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hey guys,

Does the Futaba 12Z have the pitch dumb function as its older brother does ?
tiranosaurus rex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2007, 08:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Don't know exactly what your referring to. But the 12Z has the same functions as the 14 as far as the programming to fly a heli.

David
Old 09-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where in the Futaba site is there a link to these updates for the 12Z?

Michael
mpshaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

My HF Map location

On the Futaba Flyers Club in the Download section is all the updates for the radios. You have to be logged on to the FFC to be able to download them.
The last 12Z update is dated 3/21/2007 update 1 1 0
This is the one that added the electronic cyclic ring and the A & B selectable modulation for the transmitter.
David
Old 10-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Three reasons for the Xtreme choice are: it works; it's inexpensive; it offers enough channels for most of us.

I bought the 8-channel for my 9303, as I am using just 7 channels for my electric 50-sized.
I had persistent glitches one/flight, sometimes two, which I could not eliminate by boom-grounding, etc. But RFI cuts off at around 300 MHZ, and, sure enough, now that I fly 2.4 Ghz, no more glitches.

I was recently seriously considering a 12Z - not for helis, but for fixed-wing IMACs - but when I read the Futaba response to the "what's wrong with the G3 receiver" question, I decided to wait on this one until it comes out in native 2.4 Ghz..

I will stay with my old and true 9ZAPS until then..
SoCalMike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 08:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike View Post
Three reasons for the Xtreme choice are: it works; it's inexpensive; it offers enough channels for most of us.

I bought the 8-channel for my 9303, as I am using just 7 channels for my electric 50-sized.
I had persistent glitches one/flight, sometimes two, which I could not eliminate by boom-grounding, etc. But RFI cuts off at around 300 MHZ, and, sure enough, now that I fly 2.4 Ghz, no more glitches.

I was recently seriously considering a 12Z - not for helis, but for fixed-wing IMACs - but when I read the Futaba response to the "what's wrong with the G3 receiver" question, I decided to wait on this one until it comes out in native 2.4 Ghz..

Did you post this in the wrong thread? I don't see where it has anything to do with programming tips for the 12Z.

David
Old 02-14-2008, 07:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default programing updates

When purchased, is there a way to tell if the latest programing was done at the factory?
lrogers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2008, 02:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
tgo
Registered Users

Hi Hoot / SoCalMike,
I just moved from JR 9XII + XPS to 12FG 2.4. Well, the 12FG's response time is much faster than XPS !
If you guys love XPS, I have the TX module and many receivers for sell, all in good condition and lifetime warranty. Will you consider them?

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike View Post

tgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Heh, I just did the exact same thing...not because of XPS, but because I wanted the advanced programming/trimming features of the 12FGH.

I will be selling off my XP9303 and XPS Mod/RX too.
ErichF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very good transmitter!!!
titanchin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 12Z and R6717FS Receiver

Anyone using the 12Z (with TM-14) with the Futaba R617FS receiver? If so, can you tell me which channel numbers (on the receiver) map to which heli's servos? Heli is an Align 600.

Thanks

SR-71
SR-71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Go into the linkage/function menu to see the channel assignments

Gryphon field rep
Jafa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in