Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1.

I just explained this to one of my team pilots yesterday..lol.
jondabear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just converted my 600 ESP to 3G. Works great! tail was even better than the Futaba GY520 I replaced. Running Align ds610s and DS650 on tail. Really don't get what all this fuss is about!
flyingbells is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

well i hate to say it but im giving up on my 3g, only had it on the pro a month but cant get rid of the bobble and now the tail is starting to kick. i dont want to keep fiddling with it. anyone want a cheap 3g pm me.

Last edited by hamstar78; 05-21-2011 at 11:11 AM..
hamstar78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally Gave up on my 2 3G's after many hours and Dollars. Could not get rid of the slight tail wag and violent tail kick every other flight. Did the mods, tried all of the pads, different sensor locations, update the firmware, tried all of the pc settings, new servos, new main gear, KDE tail grip mods, even bought a new unit, the only thing i did not do was replace the YS 50 engine on my 600trex. How ever the final fix was very simple and now it is rock steady.......MicroBeast
Mikhaelt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 01:15 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just bought a Micro Beast and awaiting its delivery. After about a month messing with the 3G I am throwing in the towel. It was consuming my every waking moment trying to make it a success story. But random 90 degree tail kicks and fast foward flight bobbles left me as a beginner nervous to even fly. All I needed was a tail kick mid backflip and my dumbthumb, well you know the rest. Anyway dont know personaly if the Beast is better yet but I am not wasting anymore time on 3G
hudsonaj36 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My 3G is absolutely perfect - no special tricks either!

I've got the senor mounted with one piece of Align foam tape that came with the 550 FBL kit on the bottom plate underneath the main shaft. Tail delay set to "small' heli. Using a Castle Phoenix Ice 100 with set rpm governor gain set to 28. The tail is solid a a rock. Cyclic is darn nice feeling too. Can't wait for my new 600E Pro but in all reality, the old 3G (for me at least) is every bit as good as any other flybarless system I've seen and setup (Vbar and BeastX). Bring on the new stuff Align, I'm looking forward to it.

www.jonsheliwerx.com
sd401k is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd401k View Post
I've got the senor mounted with one piece of Align foam tape that came with the 550 FBL kit on the bottom plate underneath the main shaft. Tail delay set to "small' heli. Using a Castle Phoenix Ice 100 with set rpm governor gain set to 28. The tail is solid a a rock. Cyclic is darn nice feeling too. Can't wait for my new 600E Pro but in all reality, the old 3G (for me at least) is every bit as good as any other flybarless system I've seen and setup (Vbar and BeastX). Bring on the new stuff Align, I'm looking forward to it.
That was the solution for me. Sensor on the ARB, and I'm still using the DS620.
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Removed my 3G + installed Micro Beast= All problems solved

If your having problems stop wasting your time and money

Seems like 3G works better on large helis. Not so well on 450;s
hudsonaj36 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

this thread makes me so glad i never even gave mine a chance. lol

i sold mine from my 550e, it wasn't even taken out of the package.

after seeing guys from my club, and threads like this. i knew it wasn't for me.

i only started with the beastx, so i can't compare it to others. but i have no problems, so far. so i think i made the right choice.

i'm getting ready to set up a 250se with the beastx, so i'll see if my luck continues.
nothinbetr2do is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My T-Rex 500 3G works absolutely great. I had 2-3 times a 90° tail kick at the beginning, but after changing some settings with the usb-link, flying is a delight. Very very little tail wag, but more constant piro-rate in translation as with the FY401. Sensor is on the upper plate just with one foam.
oliskippy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

now that i moved the sensor,i,m racking up the flights, so far all is smooth and no tail kicks.
rcflier1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had at least 50 flights on my 700E with a 3G. It took around 20 or 25 to get it flying right. Once it flew right, It only had a few bad habits:
1) I got an occasional 30 degree tail kick when I flew in 15 mph or higher winds.
2) I had a very slight front-to-back wobble in forward flight, especially when the winds kicked up,
3) The tail was not as locked in, especially when I hit throttle hold or punched it for a vertical climb.

All that said, it was well behaved for the basic, non 3D flying I do at this time.

I was fine until I flew a 550 with a V-Bar. It just held position, hands-off, even in 15+mph winds. The tail was dead locked in. There were no bad habits. And it was smooth. I could not go hands off with my 3G for more than a second or two. I counted to at least 5 with the V-Bar.

I now have a full sized V-Bar on my 700. I dumped the 3G. There was no nasty set up or tweaking. It worked the first time. It flies locked in and smooth, just like the 550. The V-Bar IS a far better unit.

Can you make a 3G fly well? Yes, with effort. Does it fly like the V-Bar? No WAY! Am I happy I upgraded? VERY!
RCMustang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2011, 05:36 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

well, now i upgraded to v-3. flying even better now and 0 wag. it took a while, but i,m really happy now, and all stock.
rcflier1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2011, 06:31 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had to do some tweaks but it is fine now on my Sport. I don't do 3D tho. At least not on purpose.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Something I noticed - might help someone

I have a 450 Pro clone - OK it's become a super clone over time with many "corrections." I was bouncing through this thread reading about tail hold issues and noticed (or didn't notice actually) that people weren't talking about the tail slider. I was reading fast so I could have missed it. My 450 has the Microheli slider set-up. I bought it as a complete unit. I put it on a brand new tail shaft with nice new bearings. All the parts cost $45 I think. It is VERY smooth and light in it's action. My old stuff was good but it did seem just a little tight at the far ends of the throw. Anyway... tail problems are gone! The more I fix and "correct" the more I notice things need to be rather precise, particularly on a 450, to use the 3G properly. The upside is, now I've paid extra attention to mechanical details, I get a lot more and better flights in. I'm just putting this out there... tail action was something I overlooked, at first.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have now 42 flights on my 550 3g, stock location of the sensor and never had a blow out and the tail is rock solid.
Looks like I was lucky.
I also have a 450 and a 500 both with the breastX, they are both very nice machines but the 550 is on a much hier level.
Stock Motor and ESC
marcel76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflier1 View Post
i,m ready, 800 + bucks. 550 3-g system. try as i might i can't get rid of the tail wag. oh, the heli flys great, it does anything i,m able to do, but i,m a perfection nut. i still have a slight tail wag, and once every 10 flights a 90 deg tail blowout.. tried everything, more tape, less tape, harder tape, less gain, more gain. my buddy finally went with a seperate tail gyro on his.i,m stubborn. i don't want to spend another penny. but i have lost interest in this heli. another few days and it will be in the junk pile...........ps, my 450 and 500's with flybars and 750 gyros are rock solid and i,ve gone back to flying them........
Did you try to silicon the sensor yet ?

SEPT 06- PRESENT PMOS 11C SMOS 11B SQUAD LEADER
JoseVazquez35 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in