Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mezon 130 Setup Guide

I am not an expert but I have over time got information together that i think will help you set up your Mezon. These come mainly from this forum, I think you will find it useful to have it all together.

Mezon 130

Main Menus Order

1) Actual values
2) Min/Max log.
3) Controler
4) Limits
5) Motor
6) Sbec settings

1 and 2) are not needed for initial set up

Go to 5) Motor first as some of the value will also be used in other menus.

MOTOR:

a) Rotation Dir: To be done when you run the helicopter
b) Pwm : The formula is Kv of motor (RPM/V) * Volts (nominal you will use, 12S would be 12 * 3.7 = 44.4) * Pole count / 20. The Mezon gives you 3 possibility choose the closest
c) Start Power : To be done when you run the helicopter only affects power from zero speed. Most use -20
d) Timing: varies with motor. Auto is what I use, so far so good
e) Motor Poles: What your engine manufacturer says on their info sheet
f) Rotor Gear: Main Gear/ Pinion = Rotor Gear (the numbers are reverse than what we usually see. So if your gear is 8.25:1 it will be 1:8.25 in Mezon)

Now we can go to 3)

CONTROLER:

For helicopter you want the CONSTANT RPM menu

a) Motor Poles: already done
b) Rotor gear: aleady done
c) Set MaxRotor RPM this is the value for your maximum head speed that you want (for example 2000) give yourself head room : nominal voltage * Kv motor / gear ratio minus 10% so for me 44.4*520/10 = 2308.8 – 230 = 2078.8
d) Set Min Rotor RPM this is the value for your minimum head speed that you want (for example 1750)
e) Gain: the higher, the faster the throttle correction of the governor, start at the mid point of the range and work from there. Too high it will be choppy and tail will kick, too low it won’t hold the RPM. Only go as high as you need
f) Autorotation: ON (a good idea for helicopters)
g) Acceleration: This is your global spool up acceleration from zero head speed put it to your liking ( I use 10 sec)
h) Auto Acceleration: This is the speed to which the motor will restart out of auto. It should be lower than the previous value for it to work well. Spare your gears by not putting it too low but spare your helicopter by not putting it too high either for when you practice auto.

LIMITS

For LiPo

a) Number of Cells Li-xx (2 X 6S = 12 for me)
b) Li-xx CUToff V per cell. Mostly recommend 3,2
c) Off voltage set i.e. Number of cells X Cutoff ( 12 X 3.2 = 38.4)
d) Alarm Voltage you want it before the 3,2 is reached, so number of cell X 3,3 = 39.6
e) Temp protection: 150 C is what Danny at Esprit told me
f) Max Bat Capacity usually: Battery capacity - 20% of your bat capacity + 500
so if max bat capacity 5000 mAh batteries 20% is 1000 so 5000 -1000-500 = 3500 (No limits is an option too)
g) Capacity Alarm when you want to be warn before cut off engages use same formula as above with 25% instead (5000-1750 = 3250)
h) Max Bat Current (Mezon is rated at 300A max) No Limits can be used
i) Cutoff Type slow down is what I like

SBEC SETTINGS (NON OPTO MODEL)

Voltage needed for the servos used

Thanks to all the expert on this forum who have help gather this

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 05-01-2013 at 10:37 AM..
Puttputt maru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks PPM, great to have all the info in one post, can't wait to try this out.
bobloblaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I did a mistake in my calculation for capacity alarm it should be 5000 -1750 = 3250
I have made the correction in my above post, just to warn those who have use my numbers

Thanks to Sanction for ponting it out to me
Old 05-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
I did a mistake in my calculation for capacity alarm it should be 5000 -1750 = 3250
I have made the correction in my above post, just to warn those who have use my numbers

Thanks to Sanction for ponting it out to me
Just depends on how low you run them down. I typically consume 80% and come down with cell voltage of 3.7 to 3.75 per cell. I just don't add the extra 500mAh.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
Just depends on how low you run them down. I typically consume 80% and come down with cell voltage of 3.7 to 3.75 per cell. I just don't add the extra 500mAh.
I don't like the sluggishness in the controls and the jitter dance the heli does when the batteries get too low, and my auto is usually synonymous with repair time.
But this is preference, I did this as a guide to actually get reactions from others. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't want to advise what limits to be set

Just that the "Capacity alarm" should to be lower (lower consumption) than "Max battery capacity", as the alarms purpose is to warn You before cutoff activates.
Sanction is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanction View Post
I don't want to advise what limits to be set

Just that the "Capacity alarm" should to be lower (lower consumption) than "Max battery capacity", as the alarms purpose is to warn You before cutoff activates.
Absolutely agree. I also have my "alarm" lower than my "cutoff" by 500 mAh. Exactly the same.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
....and my auto is usually synonymous with repair time.
You're not the only one
Sanction is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanction View Post
You're not the only one
It is a no win proposition. Youhave to practice it to avoid crashed but when you practice it you crash. The helicommmand has helped me with my 3D but it can't with that.

It is the last foot that is a bugger
Old 05-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you use the auto-bailout feature of the ESC? Just set yourself an invisible line in the sky. Do the auto as normal but terminate it in the air rather than on the ground. Flip out of T-hold and go back for more. When more comfortable with it, go back for more on the ground.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
Do you use the auto-bailout feature of the ESC? Just set yourself an invisible line in the sky. Do the auto as normal but terminate it in the air rather than on the ground. Flip out of T-hold and go back for more. When more comfortable with it, go back for more on the ground.

Yes I use the auto bailout if you mean by that flipping the switch for autorotation back on for engine power.

The imaginary line is a great idea, I will put it to more practice, never thought of that one thanks.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for putting all this in one place. I've been trying to understand the Jeti products prior to making a package purchase for a mezon 130, profi box, and R7 rx. Wouldn't you know it, I finally figure out what pieces I needed to get some telemetry going and.the esc is out of stock at esprit.

Oh well. I'm sure they have more on order. I know I'll be back with questions. The ability to monitor battery status is my main reason for this purchase.
Gaui X5 Jive 100 Scorpion 910, Jeti DS-16
john2kx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2kx View Post
Thanks for putting all this in one place. I've been trying to understand the Jeti products prior to making a package purchase for a mezon 130, profi box, and R7 rx. Wouldn't you know it, I finally figure out what pieces I needed to get some telemetry going and.the esc is out of stock at esprit.

Oh well. I'm sure they have more on order. I know I'll be back with questions. The ability to monitor battery status is my main reason for this purchase.
They'll get more very soon. What model are you planning on using the 130 with?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was able to put my package together this evening between the two US distributors. Went with the built in BEC version.

My Raptor 720E is set up with a very low 400 kV motor and runs 1180/1600/1850 HS. Flights can vary between 8 minutes up to 16 minutes, depending on how much time I spend in the various flight modes and how I fly it. So many times I come down and only use 50% capacity and on one occasion pushed it to 80%.

I cut my teeth with a Jeti Spin 99 Opto during the build of my G4 and feel comfortable using the Spin box and really like the ease in its use to make ESC changes.

Battery voltage and milliamp consumption are what I believe will be my best indicators of battery condition.

From what I have been able to find, I'm not clear on the wiring yet. I will use the Jeti R7 rx, mezon 130 and profi box to capture my information. My heli uses the AR7200BX Guess I should wait until I have all the parts in front of me before I sweat the wiring.
Gaui X5 Jive 100 Scorpion 910, Jeti DS-16
john2kx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice! You'll love it. I use a Mezon 130, an R7, and a Profi for my Goblin 630. Great combo and the telemetry works very well.

Really looking forward to the DS-16 though. Hopefully just another week of waiting... Sigh.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2kx View Post

Battery voltage and milliamp consumption are what I believe will be my best indicators
You are right. Using both is best in my opinion:

If you loose a cell the voltage alarm will tell you

When you need to land the mAh alarm will tell you and you won't damage the LiPo by discharging it too much either
Old 05-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes I use the auto bailout if you mean by that flipping the switch for autorotation back on for engine power.

The imaginary line is a great idea, I will put it to more practice, never thought of that one thanks.
Here is what I want to try if they ever deliver my DS16

Use maybe the sequencer function and have a second setup for auto rotation practice. If you can run a mix for a few seconds that puts the ESC into auto bailout and Heli Command bailout it would give you time to then flip the hold switch back off or posibly try and use the logic switches for this. Like anytime the bailout signal is on motor comes on at X% for so many seconds.

I also heard that they may come out with an update later on that allows mixes to be initiated by telemetry data. This would work well with the pressure altitude sensor cause you could set it to always ramp the motor back up above so many feet automatically. You could practice autos all day log with that imagine your motor just spools back up at 20 feet above the deck.
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedRaptor77 View Post
I also heard that they may come out with an update later on that allows mixes to be initiated by telemetry data. This would work well with the pressure altitude sensor cause you could set it to always ramp the motor back up above so many feet automatically. You could practice autos all day log with that imagine your motor just spools back up at 20 feet above the deck.
That would be awesome, nice idea

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 05-03-2013 at 10:54 AM..
Puttputt maru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm trying to setup a Mezon opto 135 with a JetiBox Profi and don't seem to be able to do it. I was able to set some telemetry parameters from the Mezon in the JBP but I can't find how to actually configure the ESC. I don't have it bound to a RX yet if that makes a difference

Any help will be appreciated
Old 05-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribe3 View Post
I'm trying to setup a Mezon opto 135 with a JetiBox Profi and don't seem to be able to do it. I was able to set some telemetry parameters from the Mezon in the JBP but I can't find how to actually configure the ESC. I don't have it bound to a RX yet if that makes a difference

Any help will be appreciated
You need to plug the red lead into the Profi to program, unless you have a European version which can be wirelessly programmed with a JBP and RX.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in