Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Lama V3/V4 and Kob

Lama V3/V4 and Kob E-Sky Lama V3 and V4 and Kob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 04:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Newbie questions.. Lama V3 - frustrated..

Hi all,

Sorry for the newb questions. Just got my first heli today, lama V3. I followed the instructions (well as much as I could in their broken English) and got the thing charged and spinning up,.

Anyway I had a couple of crashes after managing to get it up into the air. How do I 'trim' itproperly, any good links? Shouldn't it fly perfectly out of the box? Being new to helis maybe that's a stupid question.

I also broke one of the blades I bought some replacements (the xtreme ones) but I don't know how to get the existing blade off, do I need a special tool?

Finally, I tried to plug the transmitted into the pc with the supplied cable and try FSM. I have configured FSM as per the tutorial on this site, but still no joy, the plane won't lift off the ground. What am I doing wrong?

Getting frustrated :/
mattywhisk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2010, 03:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi there
so first things first the term ready to fly dosnt mean its perfect and ready to go out of the box,it means everything is included for someone with experience to fly after a few minor checks.
so trimming,first things first is with the transmitter turned on and all the trim tabs centered and the throttle tab at its lowist position connect the battery BUT dont move the heli till the light stops flashing,the flashing light is the giro setting it self up,if you were to move it even slightly you will all sorts of fun with the tail
so now its time to look towards the swash plate,you need to make shore this is perfectly level as this is the part controling stearing,which ever way it tilts is going to be the direction the heli will travle so level as poss

now take her up to a hover and see if there is any unwanted movement ie forewards backwards ect so lets say the heli want to creep forewards one click at a time move the trim tab back, then hover again,

so to make things easy one click the oppersite way till it goes away.if your able to i used to take the heli up to a hover and center the stick your using to move around just for a second,and the heli will show you what needs to be trimmed

with the blades all you need is an allen key to remove the blade BUT both of the blades need to be balenced before flying it again

here is a helpfull video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42JNrJyd6to[/ame]

hope this helps
antony
Old 08-08-2010, 03:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

oh and please read the stickies on the top of the page,its full of helpfull info to get you going

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in