Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Multiplex FunCopter

Multiplex FunCopter Multiplex FunCopter Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Funcopter Upgrade: Tail Pitch Slider

ok, happened twice to me, the push rod hook popped out of the pitch slider. Fortunately I was doing some other testing so I had very little altitude so no crash damage.

Here’s my solution: add a ball to the slider and a ball link to the push rod. I used the stock push rod and one of the extra links. Used thread to bind it and sealed the thread with CA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pitch slider.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	192140  
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a very good idea and it will help reduce a little slop in the FC tail system, which is already very sloppy.

If you are using the FC boom and tail pushrod guides (which you are not using) I don't think that this mod is necessary. Just to be on the safe side though, I used a Dubro E/Z link for 0.072" pushrods to secure it. These cost ~$0.35 each and take ~ 10 seconds to install.

Thanks for the heads up mate!

You can get these at most hobby shops, for example at;
http://www.allerc.com/dubro-e-z-link...roducts_id=225

Cheers,
TomC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dubro ez link.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	192311  
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default speaking of Tail on the FV

Hey Fellers,

I been dying to find out the updated place to get my paws on the belt drive mod for the FC.

Any ideas?

better off with or with out it?

T.
tengarang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
Hey Fellers,

I been dying to find out the updated place to get my paws on the belt drive mod for the FC.

Any ideas?

better off with or with out it?

T.
Just my opinion, but I think that as long as you add a ~1 inch extension to the rear tail fin (to help keep the tail blades out of the dirt/grass) and remember to chop the throttle before a crash, the stock TT gears should last a long time. I've only gone through one set of rear TT gears in the last 2 months.

The replacement TT gears seem a bit tougher and less brittle than the original ones that came installed on both my FC's. Maybe Multiplex changed/improved the gear's material slightly? Also a good idea to lube the rear 2 TT gears with a little silicon lube once in a while (~every 25 flights).

Also, if you are still learning to fly, a set of training gear on your skids will help minimise any crash damage.

If you find you cannot manage to keep from continually going though TT gears, then it might be worth trying the belt drive conversion. Just don't expect this to be a cure-all. If you are still planting the tail into the dirt, you may not strip TT gears, but you are going to break something (possibly tail blades and/or tail rotor shaft). Also, belt drives can be more prone to static discharge problems.

Anyway, just my honest opinion.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in