Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems like mine liked the OS 8 plug a little more until I leaned it out and then put an Enya 5 in and it seems smoother when spooling up and gurgling less. Still rich on the hover needle but will really get it tuned out Sunday. This thing is awesome! Soo fast and pulls very consistently! I think I may run more pitch to see if it can handle it. I am currently running about 11 or 12 of collective. May bump it to 13 or so.
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator493 View Post
Seems like mine liked the OS 8 plug a little more until I leaned it out and then put an Enya 5 in and it seems smoother when spooling up and gurgling less. Still rich on the hover needle but will really get it tuned out Sunday. This thing is awesome! Soo fast and pulls very consistently! I think I may run more pitch to see if it can handle it. I am currently running about 11 or 12 of collective. May bump it to 13 or so.
Purrs on the Enya 5. I bumped my collective up to 14 and it pulls through that just fine.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

14?!?!? Nice! Maybe I'll bump it up and see how it feels. What headspeed are you running at? I think I'm gonna run 1850 for sport and 1950 for 3D and see how it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Nasca View Post
Purrs on the Enya 5. I bumped my collective up to 14 and it pulls through that just fine.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator493 View Post
14?!?!? Nice! Maybe I'll bump it up and see how it feels. What headspeed are you running at? I think I'm gonna run 1850 for sport and 1950 for 3D and see how it feels.
1980 - 2000
Old 12-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Holy hell... Yeah looks like the powerband YS publishes for the F23 pipe is 16,000 - 16,500 which with my 8.2 gear ratio is 1950 - 2010!!! Yep, I need to step it up a little!!! Matt, looks like in my area (Washington DC) it's been around 50 degrees at 250 MSL and I am currently at 1.3 turns from closed on the High and Mid. The High is fine, but still rich on the Hover needle. I'm guessing I'll be around 1.3/1.0 once it's said and done.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For a reference, I'm at 32-34 clicks open on the high or just shy of 1 1/2 turn and 36 clicks on the hover or 1 1/2 turn. This was in humid 75 weather in FL.

Last edited by Matt Nasca; 12-19-2011 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Revised high needle setting range
Matt Nasca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

looking at buying one of these have two .91 3ds now. will it run on any 15% or just the special sauce's from Master blend or Rotor Rage?? Do I have to run a header tank to get it to run right with two fuel magnets or will the stock clunk and tank work.
JR 11X
bighands3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighands3d View Post
looking at buying one of these have two .91 3ds now. will it run on any 15% or just the special sauce's from Master blend or Rotor Rage?? Do I have to run a header tank to get it to run right with two fuel magnets or will the stock clunk and tank work.
The 120 will run on on 15% or 30%, it seems to run best on 15%. RR is an awesome fuel so I'd say if you can get it, that would be a good choice.

I'm running a magnet in the main tank, and the clunk that came with a Quick UK header tank. The goal is to eliminate bubbles or at least reduce them as much as possible.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok let me rephrase the question is anyone using any other fuel besides these two with success. and without magnets.

Like wildcat,morgan,magnum,etc.. in 15%-30%
JR 11X
bighands3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Guys , I just wanted to let you all know that the Manual has been updated and now YS recommends only running fuel containing 15-20% nitro and an oil content of 18-25% So I stand corrected from my original statement about the engine running on 30% Funny cause that is the fuel we were originally testing it on just a heads up
#1Amainer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is anybody using coolpower 15% with luck? Thats what I was planning on using.
chopperhawkman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in