Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography

Aerial Videography and Photography Aerial Video/Photo from R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2015, 11:53 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titusx View Post
The drunk behavior is related to the mounting position of the IMU and GPS.
Check it a couple of times if it is set right, I have a hard time with it, as they do not use the standard space coordinates, Z is vertical and Y horizontal. Also colours in the graphics are reverse. Red for positive and green for negative.
Also check for straight line flight, if it tends to go right or left with only elevator stick input (in atti or cruise mode), you have to compensate rotating the GPS to the opposite direction. Remember to recalibrate each time you rotate GPS, just in case.
Adjusting the GPS orientation reduce a lot of the drunk effect.

I could not get rid of all the drunk behavior, but it flight way smoother now. Here is a vid.
http://youtu.be/_rhgymt9eJA

Regarding the flip over, I think it has to be related to the system check in Ace One Assistant. You may have one set reversed. Also check it twice as the assistant first levels the swashplate and then do the motion. So sometimes you could get confused.
Loosing Tx signal could be the cause of the flip over. When trying to come back home and having one control reverse, it try to level it inverted.

I am really happy with my Ace One, it do what it is supposed to do, and had paid itself.
A couple of month ago, I was flying over a lake and lost Tx signal. Fortunately I had set the TBH and did not lost my heli.
wow, rc helis also got drunk, amazing
Bradley90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
Generally I agree, I never use it either. I pretty much only use it to test it.

The feature really comes from the quadcopter program, where there are lots of new pilots who use the feature all the time. And since this part of the program is the same between quadcopters and helicopters, there's no reason to exclude it from the helicopter program. Just leave it up to the user to decide to use it or not.

Eventually the systems will get to the point where people are using helicopter systems for work, and don't fly at all beyond programming the mission and pressing "go". Hopefully all missions end in a landing, so the auto landing feature is always going to be needed.
Actually, the Ace Waypoint system had the capability before they came out with the multirotor systems.

I wish DJI would continue to improve the Ace One Heli systems, but the growing market is the multirotors for now... Maybe one day...
Old 03-31-2015, 10:46 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I was just talking in the specific case of our system. The Helicopter program and features pretty much rides on the coat-tails of the multi-rotor program. That's why helis have all the same features as the "drones".

DJI could do the same for little money, but choose not to. I don't know why, but it's too bad.

I continue to believe that helicopters have significant aerodynamic benefits over multirotors, and push in that direction. Sometimes I see how hard the multirotor guys work to build a large aircraft that can perform half as well as a helicopter and just shake my head. The multirotor bandwagon is pretty irresistible right now. But eventually they will pass the peak of inflated expectations and into the trough of disillusionment.

A HUGE part of the problem, is the perception that helicopters are "hard to fly" and multirotors are "easy". It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. People think helis are hard to fly, so nobody buys them, so few companies make autopilots for them, so they are hard to fly because you have to do it manually.

Former Managing Director of Maxxum Robotics Inc.
R_Lefebvre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi folks, isn’t it just great that this forum is called “heli” freak ?

I have just finished and flown a new flycam heli with 80% video success. It is an old trex 700 f3c with an underslung brushless mount and S800 retracts. I am very happy with this combo setup.
AUW = 9,650kg
mount = home made w/alexmos
2x S6 5,300 Gens 8mins / 26amps during hover but much better during forward flight
D700 with 10-22
Jeti DX10 with telemetry + JR 9X

With this setup the video is:
usable during hover
needs warp stab for forward flight vids
I plan to experiment with different type and size of main blades to see which performs best in windy conditions.

You can’t tell which way they go, but multis are not too bad either.
Ahmet
helicek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2015, 08:33 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ace one gps module

my heli had a boom strike recently which resulted in a damaged gps module, pls can anyone help with info on how and where I can buy the ace one "gps module" in stock?
Stonetronix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2015, 10:48 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post

I continue to believe that helicopters have significant aerodynamic benefits over multirotors, and push in that direction. Sometimes I see how hard the multirotor guys work to build a large aircraft that can perform half as well as a helicopter and just shake my head. The multirotor bandwagon is pretty irresistible right now. But eventually they will pass the peak of inflated expectations and into the trough of disillusionment.

A HUGE part of the problem, is the perception that helicopters are "hard to fly" and multirotors are "easy". It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. People think helis are hard to fly, so nobody buys them, so few companies make autopilots for them, so they are hard to fly because you have to do it manually.
Ill admit Im on the multirotor flying robot bandwagon. But its sad that this new and large generation coming into the world of rc flight are learning practically zero true piloting skills. I guess thats the price of progress via cheap technology😩 vbar now sells stabilizers for 3d airplanes...whats next to take all skill out of piloting a remote controled aircraft?
Old 08-21-2015, 05:11 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

good
mananee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in