Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Finding the low throttle stick position on ZYX

I am setting up a ZYX on a quad. I know its possible, but I have hunted for hours and cannot find any information on the setup. I have loaded the QuadX config file.

The 4 ESC's are plugged into the ZYX's 4 channels. CH 1-3 works perfectly after adjusting the "servo trim" setting on the Quad page on the ZYX. I had to move the sticks around to find the low throttle stick position to arm the ESC's. However, the 4th channel is not cooperating. I have tried all stick positions. I have reversed and adjusted the trim and travel of every channel on my DX7s trying to find the low stick position for CH 4.

So my last effort was to power on the quad with everything connected. CH 1-3 works fine, but the 4th won't arm. So I switched one of the already armed ESC's into the CH 4 slot. It instantly went to about 75% throttle and stayed there, and didn't change no matter which channel on the Tx I adjusted. So the ZYX isn't seeing changes in the signal of CH 4, that's why I can't find the low stick position.

In the ZYX software, on the third setup screen it shows a monitor for throttle, pitch, ail, ele, rudder, and tail gain. The ONLY one that I can't adjust is the Throttle, it is at -81 and nothing on my Tx will change it. I have a normal throttle curve set up and TH is off. So I've concluded that CH4 on the ZYX is actually reading the Throttle channel, which I can't adjust, and thats why I can't find the Low stick position on CH 4. The throttle slot on my AR8000 Rx has a lead from a 2s lipo in it to power the Rx.

Any ideas from anyone?

EDIT: Through lots of trial and error, I've discovered the original ZYX is NOT capable of running a multicopter, regardless of the Firmware. Only the ZYX-S can do it.

Last edited by jp0160; 09-15-2014 at 11:58 AM..
jp0160 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have discovered that CH 4 is controlled by the Throttle channel. Because I don't have an ESC plugged into my Rx, the throttle channel cannot be adjusted and is stuck at -81, which is why the ESC won't arm.

It seems the Pitch channel has some control over all 4 channels. I think the ZYX is using the Pitch as an overall Throttle, and the motors are controlled/adjusted via:

CH1-3 : Aileron, Elevator, Rudder
CH4 : Throttle

So now my question is, could I make a Y harness off of the ESC plugged into CH 4, and plug the new end into the Thro channel of my RX? Will this give the Throttle channel something to adjust, giving me the ability to find the low stick position?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in