Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, and learned my lesson. It won't happen again.
swat342 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is for sure If you need any more help we are here to give a hand as well
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kAsH View Post
Hey guys just wanna start a flymentor setting thread so people like myself can compair. I just installed it on my heli and "seems" to be working fine although i am getting bad tail wag. Started with my Gryo sense setting at the stock 70% and lowered in 10% incriments, i am now down to 20% and seems to still ahve pretty bad tail wag. this normal?

please post up your settings and hopefully this thread will benefit many FM users..

My current settings (not done yet still need some fine tuning..) if anyone can help with tail wag problem it would be much appreciated.

Helicopter: Walkera HM#60B (400 size heli)
Radio: 8 ch Walkera WK-2801 Pro
Tail servo: Stock wk-7601 digital
Radio Reverse Settings:
1 Elev - REVS
2 Aile - NORM
3 Thro - NORM
4 Rudd - NORM
5 Gear - NORM
6 Pit. - NORM
7 Aux2 - NORM
8 Aux3 - NORM

Some other handy likes to read when setting up flymentor:
1. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=155702
2. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=176266

EDIT: I have lowered GYRO SENSE to 10 and that seemed to get my tail wag problem under control. Still a few more adjustments to get it to fly like in the youtube videos.

Did you ever get rid of the tail wag? 10 seems like a very low number. I had a similar issue where I could not get the gain low enough. It had worked fine before I installed FM, and used the FM tail gyro.
I recalled reading a Horizon Hobby note about setting up the tail gyro. It indicated that if you could not get the gain low enough (or high enough) that you need to move the ball link on the servo arm.
I moved it one or two holes, and it made a world of difference.
Woody_99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 02:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all,

I finally got my hands on this flymentor and mmm...

Its not as easy to setup as I thought. I did follow the sticky on setting it up but no good. I must have done something wrong. Any way I unplugged everything and put back to normal and my heli flies fine once again. But if I follow the sticky as it takes off it that rotates in one direction. If I try to correct it, it rotates in the other direction. Now I have fixed this problem by using the standard gero which came with the heli. I think I have stuffed up some setting somewhere!!
murzwern is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by murzwern View Post
Hi all,

I finally got my hands on this flymentor and mmm...

Its not as easy to setup as I thought. I did follow the sticky on setting it up but no good. I must have done something wrong. Any way I unplugged everything and put back to normal and my heli flies fine once again. But if I follow the sticky as it takes off it that rotates in one direction. If I try to correct it, it rotates in the other direction. Now I have fixed this problem by using the standard gero which came with the heli. I think I have stuffed up some setting somewhere!!
Hi there,
Apart from the tail is the stabilisation working, does the swash pitch and rolls in the opposite direction to the heli. Are all stick functions working properly. Let us know. If your gyro is a good one there is no harm in using it but if you want to use FM gyro there is help here. What heli and TX is this gone on
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

It may be that the gyro is working the wrong way.
Looking at the heli from the rear if you move the tail by hand to the right, the tail slider should move left. If you move the stick to the right the slider should move to the left.
Both are reversable useing the programme one under the servo tab and the other under the control tab.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pril250 View Post
Hi there,
Apart from the tail is the stabilisation working, does the swash pitch and rolls in the opposite direction to the heli. Are all stick functions working properly. Let us know. If your gyro is a good one there is no harm in using it but if you want to use FM gyro there is help here. What heli and TX is this gone on

Hello,

Yes the swash plate is moving in all the opposite directions on the heli. But I had to install the FM gyro on top of my heli gyro to make this work!! Is this right to do this?

All stick functions are working properly too.

I have installed the FM on a Walkera Creata 400 using the stock gyro and the walkera 2801 Pro transmitter.

Thanks for your time..
Old 02-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
Looking at the heli from the rear if you move the tail by hand to the right, the tail slider should move left. If you move the stick to the right the slider should move to the left.
Both are reversable useing the programme one under the servo tab and the other under the control tab.

Hello,

Yes it is working correct as stated by you.. I am using the PPC handheld as my laptop is windows 7..

I forgot to mention that I am getting the green flashing and then green solid when I move it on the grass..

Thanks for your help
Old 02-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Ok Guys.

Just been the shed to have a little play with this thing. Double checked everything as mentioned in your two posts and decided to start again. I,m only using the FM gyro and everything is working great. Cant test outside as its to windy here but going good so far. The only thing that is happening is the heli is wobbling a little bit. I guess thats a setting in the program?
Old 02-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by murzwern View Post
Ok Guys.

Just been the shed to have a little play with this thing. Double checked everything as mentioned in your two posts and decided to start again. I,m only using the FM gyro and everything is working great. Cant test outside as its to windy here but going good so far. The only thing that is happening is the heli is wobbling a little bit. I guess thats a setting in the program?
Try reducing balancer gain a little. But its ok for the heli to wobble when very close to the ground, when you get a little higher it will stop.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Try reducing balancer gain a little. But its ok for the heli to wobble when very close to the ground, when you get a little higher it will stop.
I have backed off the balancer gain to 50 and still does it. The heli didnt do before I installed FM..
Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just turned it down to zero (Which turns it off I believe). Wobble still there. Maybe a bent shaft?? I have not crashed it!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just changed the main shaft and in flight wobble has gone!!!.. Jus wobbles a little bit as it speeds up..
Old 02-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

No wobble at start up. Blades were out of balance.

Is there a way that I can switch between the 2 modes while I'm flying through my transmitter???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in