Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters

Other Makes and Models Helicopters Other makes and model Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Kinetic 50 with what appears to be an "extra" fuel tank?

I have a Kinetic 50 that I purchased from eBay and I'm now re-working and preparing to fly. My question is.... It has what appears to be an "extra" fuel tank beside the main tank. I don't see it listed among the parts though. Has my heli been rigged-up with some sort of "reserve" tank or something? Has anyone seen this before? Thanks.
rnbiker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

its called a header tank. it helps maintain pressure so you get a more consistant running engine.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, it is an optional extra tank. Some call it a sub-tank, some call it an air-trap, some mistakenly call it a header tank. Unfortunately, contrary to what some still believe, it does NOT keep the carb head pressure the same from full to empty.

What it does, is act as an airtrap to keep bubbles from entering the fuel line if and wg=heb the fuel clunk, in the main tank, finds itself in an area of the tank (possible during some maneuvers, when low on fuel) that does ot have fuel.

It can also act as a reserve when all the fuel in the maintank runs dry.
RAV50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Cool! I was wondering what it was for. If it acts as a reserve that would be nice. The only thing I'm worried about is.... Will it affect the balance of the helicopter or change the center of gravity or anything? It seems like it sticks out a little, even though it is quite professionally mounted. Any thoughts?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

its balance effects will be negligable. as long as it still balances fore and aft, itll be ok.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Cool! Thanks! Looks like I got an added bonus with my heli.....makes up for the fact that it had crappy servos and a crappy MDS 48 engine when I bought it. Luckily, I'm using the servos and engine on a plank that they are much better suited for. Thanks for the inputs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in