Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I used FM and got arrested - by its performance But on a more serious note, to date, I am not sure what the international status of the FM's legality as far as cloning is concerned.

Last edited by pril250; 12-05-2010 at 06:25 AM..
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2010, 05:44 AM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWebber View Post
Is the 860 a clone? yep

For anyone thinking it's ok to steal someone else's work, please post your home address that we may come steal the fruits of your labor. After all, won't it help make you work harder in the future? You'll just become a greater value to society, right?
So well put. Why don't we just get rid of the patent office and make it a freaking free-for-all out there? Why have patents if is it ok to steal? Sorry, I mean copy...
Mark, AMA #922614
Blade mCX
Trex 450SE, Spektrum DX7
Trex 500 ESP
"I can do Awesome 3D, just not intentionally..."
mwillack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ64 View Post
Well... I must say that reading through this thread, I find all this hoo-har about 'intellectual property' and 'designers rights' rather amusing.

I've been stiffed at least 3 times now by well-known and expensive brands.

By Micr$soft, by DViCo (for a 2 thousand dollar VHS capture card), and by PI Research (for a 4 1/2 thousand dollar motor-sport data logging system). And these were 10-15 year old prices, so you can as good as double them to get what they cost in todays money.

And in each case, I got "sorry, but we don't support that platform any more - please pay x$ to upgrade to the new software".

BJ

Interesting you mention this. I bought a Pectel T2 ECU, Pectel is owned by PI Research. I found some of the advertised firmware features to be non-functional. They never rectified the situation.

I am another who has been screwed by big companies without having the ability to do anything about it. I'm jaded, and I just don't give a crap anymore. I look out for #1.

My father taught me the Golden Rule. He who has the gold, makes the rules. That's usually how it goes when it's man vs. Corporation. In this case, it's my gold, I will spend it how I want.
R_Lefebvre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Well I just got one yesterday in the mail.

It was very nicely packaged in a fancy box with a nice KDS logo imprinted on it.

Inside the pieces were all nicely protected by sponge rubber. In the bottom of the

box was a cute little cd with a nice logo printed on it. The CD contained all the

required software I needed to set up the Flymentor. The manuel was on the CD

which I printed out. The Hel-bal software loaded easily on my Thinkpad running

Windows XP.

If this was all stolen from Hellicommand you'd think it would be a lot more difficult

to buy the KDS copy. I think HC just decided to let um sell them as long as they

are clearly marked KDS.

Setting it up on my clone 'rex/ was a real chore but I think I've got it figured out.

I sure saved me a lot of money buying clones. I would'nt have much of a heli

fleet without them.

AB
AirmanBob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the Flymentor a counterfeit, i can't believe people are still talking about that. is there anything new out on that ?
FlyBarlesss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in