Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Couple issues

Firstly I want to say I am loving my NX4, I have been thrashing it for a few months now and had no complaints.

Now, all of a sudden I have gone through 2x tail hubs in the matter of 1 week. The first one resulted in some major damage and the second was not so bad, except the grip and blade flying pasted my head and hitting a friends gazebo behind me!! Unfortunately I have no idea what "run" the hubs were (how old) but the second was from an X5 part bag.

The other problem, and I think I am alone on this, is twice my boom has torn apart in excactly the same spot. Right where the horizontal fin/boom clamp attach. The first time I figured I must have tightened to boom clamp to hard so was careful not to repeat the same mistake, but it happened again. I'm using the pre assembled boom/TT's. Any ideas? Luckily both times I got the heli down in one piece, well 2 if you count the broken boom.

One other thing is the tiny screws keep coming out of the boom braces and I have tried everything to stop it, lock tight, glue etc and my last solution is to use short pieces of piano wire through the holes and bending them. This works great but isn't that pretty:-) I could use longer screws with lock nuts, but the size is a challenge.

I thought maybe all the above issues could be due to excessive vibes, but looking it the vertical fin in a hover it is solid, and the whole heli looks fine.

Anyway just a bit nervous about fly it at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	472172  
flyingkiwi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

First am sure this will be IGNORED but here goes. after flying my NX4 I noticed it was not as smooth as my 600 then reading all to post I can only conclude it has Vibes, where are the vibes coming from ? After observing the bell relative to the pinion it has a bad Wobble that will give you Vibes for sure. I think Guai needs to look into this ( Tail boom / Clutch / Slider /
Screws coming loose .
All that equals VIBES
Blade3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow! I just maiden my bird yesterday..break-in process for motor and hover only. I hope it all goes well later.
As for your boom, I had a friend who had the same thing happen to his bird(Trex 600). The rubber grommet that holds the bearing came off and the bearing in time cut the boom from the inside out.
tonyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkiwi View Post
One other thing is the tiny screws keep coming out of the boom braces and I have tried everything to stop it, lock tight, glue etc and my last solution is to use short pieces of piano wire through the holes and bending them. This works great but isn't that pretty:-) I could use longer screws with lock nuts, but the size is a challenge.

try putting a piece of heat shrink over the boom support where the screw is... that should keep it from backing out.
Bigugly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3d View Post
First am sure this will be IGNORED but here goes. after flying my NX4 I noticed it was not as smooth as my 600 then reading all to post I can only conclude it has Vibes, where are the vibes coming from ? After observing the bell relative to the pinion it has a bad Wobble that will give you Vibes for sure. I think Guai needs to look into this ( Tail boom / Clutch / Slider /
Screws coming loose .
All that equals VIBES

+1 all sounds like vibe issues.

Empire Hobby/ Team Gaui USA -- Rcbearings.com
-- Cyclone Blades -- Team KDE -- A-Main Hobbies -- OMG servos
dodgeboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
+1 all sounds like vibe issues.
So are you agreeing its a Gaui issue, or do you have some thoughts on areas I can look at.
Thanks bigugly:-) for the heatshrink idea, simple but brilliant!
flyingkiwi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check your bearings first. I had the main bearings get notchy, and the Heli was all over the place with vibes. It could be clutch alignment, but I haven't had issues with that.

A Main Hobbies/ProTekRC Field Rep
Spartan RC Field Rep
Todd Moriarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Torque tube gears too tight could be the vibe., check the tail blades on the hub for balance.

I put mine in the ground, dumb thumb style last weekend.
At first look it wasn't too bad, after looking things over it's really bad, broke the clutch bell, all servo arms need replaced,
Going to do a semi-rekit. Just can't get enough of flying this thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in