Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjet112x View Post
dylans rear pieces are thicker
+1 on this. I crashed hard today with my C05m. It snapped the 2mm cf rod tail clean in half but Dylan's frame brace mounted to the frame and his fin next to the tail motor were fine. It buried the fin completely in the ground and it stayed in one piece. As many, many have said already, dylwad does superb work. Use his stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretman View Post
There is a pretty simple fix you can do and will make the rear frame and the boom clamp solid. Drill out the stripped out hole and clamp the frame and boom clamp together with a M2 bolt and nut. I've crashed hard enough to splinter a 3mm boom but the frame and boom clamp is still solid.
+1. I've experienced the same thing. I've got Dylan's rear with a RKH metal mount waiting to be put on. My temporary fix of driving a bolt/nut through is still holding. I snapped a 120SR motor mount when I dumb thumped it into the ground. Rear MH frame and pastic boom mount held great. With how well it's survived crashes so far, I my never get a chance to switch the RKH mount...
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

the problem with MH rear frame design is flawed at two points. One is the thin CF rear frame and second is the boom mount being held by two screws. With delrin the screws begin to strip and won't hold. People solved this by using long screw and nut which resolve the problem with the boom mount. MH redesigned the boom mount by using aluminum instead but still is being held by only two screws but the problem still remains with the thin CF rear frame.
nartac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in