Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default One Way Bearing locked up

The old age problem has returned for me. The first bearing lasted a good number of flights and I probably did quite a few with the bearing locked up.

I had a club mate make me an extractor but before he got it ready I purchased a new hub with bearing. The bearing lasted only a short time before locking up.

I bought a "named" bearing from a supplier and it turns out to be the same as what Align supply or at least that's what it looks like as the Align and this one are both stamped with Germany on them. I will see how that goes over the coming outings.

Quite strange really as it has never been a problem for me in other models.
Andy from Sandy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2016, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get an NSK or Torrington/Timken FC12. The original Align German bearing is actually good quality. Replace the shaft H60139 ? at the same time. Mobil 1 ATF is good. Superlube is good. Thunder Tiger grease no good.
Four Stroker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2016, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I cannot find a European supplier but I shall keep looking.

I have used Singer sewing machine in the past but I will get some ATF. I have never used grease.

I will get a new OWB shaft for next time.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2016, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have found that too with the one way bearings, I bought a good name one, locked up first flight ended up taking a old one out a old hub, I now just buy the Align ones as cheaper and find a good one.
Concept DX30 MCPX
dw45 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2016, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

By name brand, do you mean an aftermarket RC upgrade bearing ? They are definitely worse than the Align bearing. I meant an industrial quality bearing.
Four Stroker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2016, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could NOT find an align 600 hub with a one-way bearing that didn't lock up. All of the align bearings I tried in my 600 locked up after one or two flights. I replaced it with a QuickUK and I've been lockup free for 40 flights now...
MikeG4936 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2016, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recently had problems with mine turns out the third bearing block was some how misaligned.

I had to loosen the bearing blocks, re install the main gear and then re tighten the bearing blocks.

I don't how or why it caused the one way to bind up, I never had a problem with this one way after it had initially locked up and I freed it.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I read that the lynx owb resolved owb lockup. I Went through a similar scenario, 2 owbs stock in a row, less than 20 flights between each lock up on my 600 dominator

Switched to the lynx (not KDE) and i have not had any issues at all.

Look up owb lynx on this forum and you will find my original post also.

Good luck
Synergy E7se - MSH Brain / CC Edge 120HV
nabl74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016, 07:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the kde bearing best investment ever done to my 600 it's dfc and gets flown almost daily my go to heli. I have had the kde bearing in the heli for about a year and a half I have ran about 15-20 gallons with this bearing installed with out a single glitch
joeplumber1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2016, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I gave the model a present by purchasing the black gears. They are not made particularly well and it took a lot of effort to get the OWB hub in.

So a few flights later and it is quite hard to turn the main gear. On stripping it down I find the clutch bell bearing is seized and because the kit came with a plastic bearing block that melted.

I keep burning the fuel though - only a couple of us left at the club fly nitro so I am doing my best to keep the discipline alive.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nitroooooooo
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2016, 04:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have put a reasonable number of flights on the model this year but haven't been regularly checking bearings and such. Well the other weekend the model was quite noisy and the last flight was really noisy.

Now a couple of weeks previous the engine didn't start as quickly as it used to but it ran okay once started so I just carried on flying.

I thought I had better investigate and stripped the model down. All of the bearings are badly worn in particular the 4 that support the gears at the end of the torque tube.

I stripped the engine and changed the bearing but didn't inspect any of it until I went to put it back together to discover that it had lunched on something and made a bit of a mess of the piston and head.

So today starting with a model that has all new bearings and a new engine it is amazingly quiet now. I put 3 short flights on it and had to lean the main nearly half a turn but it is still a bit too rich for breaking in.

As the old engine still ran I will look to get a new piston, ring and liner to repair it for a spare. The head just needs a bit of paper to clean it up.

Looking forward to next weekend to complete the break in and see how it goes.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default One way

Shannon at www.onlyfinehelis.com has a one way that ive tested in align 550, md550, dt520. It does not lock up. It just works. It does not have plastic in it. Its some other brown material. I may have changed my nitro i cant remember. But all the other models are the same size oneway ast align 600n. Give hime at call.

HoudiniRCHeli Podcast
rspiegel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

All I got to say is fc12 boca! Best aftermarket different design garunteed mod. Best thing I ever did for my for my nitro and e 600

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in