Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #21
howaboutme
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Been there once. Just depends on where you are and what you need. For specific stuff for helis, pretty much only means Blade. Once you get away from Blade they may have other useful R/C stuff(mono-kote, paint, etc), but not much else. TBH, I wasn't overly impressed. I actually order all of my stuff online now. Prices are actually better. I would probably support them more if not 30min away.
Thanks! I'll check them out. I'm equidistant between hobby hangar and hobby works.

I've also been checking out the other helis like the XK recommended earlier. After a few flights, I can see some of the issues of the CPS but it's not enough for me to turn my back away from Blade (and I am way too new to even have this opinion)...I have seen that the responsiveness is not as quick as I'd like (with my RTF) and have read about that. I really have to move the stick for the heli to respond and sometimes that's too much so I have to over correct..which for a newbie, often leads to crashes..

I do think a lot of my issues (such as accurate trimming) will be solved when I take it outdoors. My basement is just too small to trim so I just hover and do tail-in circles with a lot of nose adjustments.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.