Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New member Intro

Hey guys. Been a member for awhile now but this is my first post. Flying mostly multi-rotors here in Clackamas, Oregon.

Randy
ramovan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default NewBee From Leominster Mass, hello to everyone!

Flying a T-Rex 450 sport, looking for good dvd's to purchase on set up of radio, how to build or repair my T-Rex etc, etc. or should I save my money and look for youtube video clips??? please let me know.
Dan149 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ALL your needs.. RIGHT HERE on HF!

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692
Old 09-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Midwest Newbie

My Blade 120SR has performed admirably. I have bounced it off the street at full throttle, fished it out of tree's, exceeded its payload and generally pushed the envelope of recommended operation. What an awesome little toy, kudos to the Horizon Hobby Development team for their skillfully crafted product.

I have been flying RC nitro aircraft (fixed wing) for 10+ years and have watched a student or two leave the nest. The 120SR is my first real heli, everything else is sim time.

My current focus is video recon with my 120SR. I will run the camera and heli from the same 910mAh 1s25C LiPo and pick up a payload and transport it to its destination with 2 views... might be cool... i dunno yet. Weight is being pushed, looking at over 135 grams.... which is kinda heavy IMHO. but I'm still learning about the mechanics of rotor based flight. and I'm not that great a heli pilot yet... only 2 months real flight time.

So thats me ina nutshell.
ostricide is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello Freaks,I'm a newbie from Toronto,Canada

Just got my trex 450 pro s/c newly built..haven't start the engine yet,been flying mcx2,msr and 120 sr for about 6 months...still not good at it,but will never give up.
TrexCopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey I am new to the forum and also from MN i am south of the twin cities i live in Farmington
CaballoDiablo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
ALL your needs.. RIGHT HERE on HF!

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692
Yup, helis 101
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default another newbee.

My name is Van. I'm from Glendale Az. I belong to AMPS r/c club and really am a newbee there also. I have several airplanes, a few that I can fly. HaHa. I'm 63 years young and have been thinking about doing Heli's for a while. I saw my first one in Korea about 1984. It was a barebones kit. The owner built it up from scratch and tried to fly it. No experience. The flight?, didn't last very long. I don't want to do that I now have a 450 pro and a 500. I watch finless bob posts a lot and fly my sim a lot. So far it's been fun. Hope the real thing works out for me. I believe I will realy enjoy flying Heli's. Later, Van
Bobvan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi there everyone

Hi there guys, i`m Sean for the UK, at the moment I have a Twister CP Gold but at the end of this week i`ll be the proud owner of a T-Rex 500E.

Sean.
SheffSean is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Another new guy here from Torrance CA

Hello,,,very new to this hobby and looking for any help, pointers etc,,
BUBBADIERKS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been on the forum for a while now.

Richard

Miami, Florida

Trex 550E
Trex 550E Stretch
Kojack021 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm new to the site, please be patient with me, I'm old and a newbie to the whole heli thing! I don't know of anyone in my area that flies helis, so I am being baptized by the "trial and error" and "parts" gods!

I bought a used Blade SR, which was probably my first mistake, so I picked up a new Blade 450 3D. That has been here about a month and I haven't done anything with it except build an adapter wire to convert Deans end to EC3.

As the first flights with the SR went so poorly, I decided to get a Flymentor for the 450. Ummmm, now I'm more confused than ever. Maybe it will make more sense tomorrow! I wish I;d have taken Chinglish is school rather than French, and a special class in "readin' between the lines".

Well I have a lot of catchin' up readin' to do, I better get at it!
What Tree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2011, 04:03 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hi,

New to the group. Started with a co-ax that disappeared in the sky on it's maiden flight out side, It's probably on a rooftop of a neighbors house. Crashed several co-ax, thereafter, was able to eventually fly decently with the co-ax, and went to single rotor helicopters. Started with a fixed pitch 4 channel heli, that is relatively cheap, destroyed the main rotor of that. I have a Blade 120 SR that has produced decent results although I have already replaced several parts.I have a Walkera 4F200 that I have been able to get off the ground for only a few seconds. In the process of fixing the tail section of a Walkera CB 180z, after the tail was damaged when a tree got in the way of my helicopter flying. Also destroyed the tail section of a Walkera Genius CP when a wall didn't move out of the way as I was flying the genius indoor.

Encouraged with all my success, I am now in the process of building a EXI 450 Pro, I am looking forward to my first build, waiting for all the parts to come.

I live in Corona, CA and would like to meet HeliFreaks in the area.
2manycrashes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Calgary, Alberta - absolutely new - not even toy heli

Hi All,

I've seen helis in the mall, toy helis mostly but it piqued my curiosity.
I thought I would investigate.
Are you ready?
I've decided to start with a 450
So bought a BLADE 450 RTF - needed everything, sounds good - reasonably priced (based on what else I've seen)
BOOM! CRASH !
A challenge I see.
back to investigate some more.
so after quite a few hours on the sim - try again.

Getting there - took off training gear - added align 500 landing gear.
A long way to go to say "I can fly a heli"
I may have bought RTF, but I built it - and have the parts receipts to prove it.

expensive learning curve but, what's a set of golf clubs worth, and each crash is usualy cheaper than green fees.
This stuff is worse than golf - addictive.

I wanna thank everyone, a lot of what I learned came from HeliFREAK.com

One day , maybe one of them big 'uns with the turbines
Scammer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This link should help. The blade 400 and 450 or pretty much the same things just that the 450 is a bit upgraded.

http://www.slyster.com/heli/b400bible.html
Old 10-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im Alex and started a new thread, but forgot to give location. Im in Naples, FL. I have a Blade 450, Trex 500 and 600, and probably many more to come.
n45328 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flagstaff, Arizona

I'm a pretty new pilot. I've had the dream of flying RC helis since I was a kid, but until last year I never did anything about it. It was kind of a funny thing too. I was driving across town (something that I do on a weekly basis) and for some reason the lhs caught my eye and I went in to ask about helis. The owner was smart and directed me to a little rtf by blade that I could use indoors. From that point on I've spent way more money on the hobby than I'd like to admit, but it's finally paying off. I've had some rough luck with some stupid crashes and some that were caused by faulty servos thanks to eflight, but yesterday was my first suffessful 3D flight. I have been using a simulator for about six months and finally everything fell into place yesterday: little wind, plenty of space to fly, extra batteries, tweaked setup, blades tracking perfect, ect. Anyways, it was awesome. Definitely worth it.

I first got into the hobby in hopes of flying a camcorder (which I've mannaged to do with my GoPro), but I've found general flight to be so much fun that the camera doesn't even seem necessary.

I'm presently flying a stock Blade 400 and I've got another Blade 400 that I'm upgrading. I am waiting on some parts for that one right now, but I'm hoping to upgrade the frame, servos, gyro, blades, main and tail head, and main/tail fins. Ultimately I'd like to acquire a 600(ish) TRex, but that might be a few years down the road unless I run into some unexpected funds.

Anyways, it's great to be a member. I've been reading through here since I started flying (looking mostly for a way to fix whatever my current crash resulted in), but I look forward to meeting some of y'all and hopefully pick up on some tips in the future. That's why I'm here and I suppose that I'll just leave it at that.
TheLostAlaskan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi All,
I am a new helifreak, however, I am from England and live and work in Barbados I was into models at the tender age of 25 and built a bell 47G whilst serving in the British Army in Cyprus I was a founder member of the flying club. I left the hobby due to work load and have recently got back into it, I have a Blade 400 still doing orientation training, two MCPX, one MSR, a coota see plane and when I was last home vising my mother I found my original Graupner Sky surfer which I have just converted to a brushless and binded it to my DX6I she is so sweet and fly's like a dream. I am now 57 years old and wish I could retire and fly every day. That's enough from me for now I am sat at my computer and have consumed one or two Barbados rum's so apologize for any grammatical errors. Love the hobby and will continue to strive for a successful circuit.
Geoff Fox
Geoff Fox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #59 (permalink)

Hey guys. greetings from AZ. New heli pilot. just picked up a trex 450.... might need some help... not as quick to pick this up as planes!!
cdl2374 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hello from SE michigan!

I've always wanted to fly rc helis since I was a kid. Now that I'm in my 40's I decided
it was time! I started with an E-flite coax, then an MCR and now I've built my first
HK450GT which has a lot of Align parts on it. All this within 6 months!
As of now I have a halfway decent hover with the 450.
I'm lovin this hobby! This site has been huge help-Thank you all!

Chris
crizz44 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in