Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

Old 10-05-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
eddiscus
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Really Weird (Parts order) finally arrived.

Back in July of this year I dumb thumbed my Mostro nitro in head first. Typical damage for such a crash. I was not to worried as I had a spare air frame from a fellow club member that was getting out of the Avant drama.

Just for a test I ordered the replacement parts that I needed in the first week of July. I wrote to customer service in the first week of September inquiring if the order would ever be fufilled. Believe it or not I received a response saying they are still supplying parts but it takes some time.

I actually figured I would never see the parts. Well if you do not mind waiting 3 months from the time you order to the time you receive the parts. Then this is the heli to have.

After I finish my Goblin Black Nitro I may resurrect the crashed Mostro.
MA Whiplash 90E, SAB Goblin 700, Logo Xxtreme 800 and Banshee #25.
REVOLECTRIX Ambassador (save 10% on LiPos anytime at revolectrix.com w/ code EDJOHN16)
eddiscus is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:08 AM   #2
Andydice
Registered Users

Carbonextreme I guess? I just got a shipment from them as well, just a few small parts. I ordered mine in mid Septemeber so about three weeks...
Andydice is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #3
eddiscus
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes, Carbonxtreme.
MA Whiplash 90E, SAB Goblin 700, Logo Xxtreme 800 and Banshee #25.
REVOLECTRIX Ambassador (save 10% on LiPos anytime at revolectrix.com w/ code EDJOHN16)
eddiscus is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:55 AM   #4
guyguerra
Registered Users

Glad to hear eveything is fine.
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:09 PM   #5
gunny_jeeves
Registered Users

You guys think someone from Carbon Extreme could post here and give some idea of the volume they could take up or if they're just winding down old orders?

Posting either way, I think Carbon Extreme would be able to save face and become a trusted vendor if they got in bed with a different manufacturer. Plus of course if there is a reasonable chance to find out that they can produce any part needed, and give us ideas of "worst case" lag time in getting the part. THAT type of info makes the Avant about as flyable today as a Minicopter is.

I for one think that would make a HUGE difference even at this point.
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:37 AM   #6
Pitch-Itch
Registered Users

I used to speak with Augusto a good bit on the phone, and as such I know a bit about how CX and Avant used to work. So, I'll chime in...

CX and Avant are not the same company. CX is a totally separate entity from Avant and isn't dependent on Avant at all. CX makes most of their own parts, with their own machines, and they are licensed to make Avant parts (indefinitely?).

So, my take is that as long as people order, they will turn out parts. After all, profit is profit. Keep in mind the last time I ever heard from Augusto was April of 2015, so I'm going off memory here.

After he left for a trip back home, he was never heard from again and all numbers I had for him no longer work.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:16 PM   #7
fatboyrob
Registered Users

I don't believe that or they would be alot better and sending out parts. At the moment you are lucky to get your order fulfilled at all. If they were a separate company with licence this would not be the case
align 500l dominator
fatboyrob is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #8
gunny_jeeves
Registered Users

That's the really big difference I was talking about exactly:

Someone from CX logs on and says we will make parts perpetually (small batches so expect month or so fulfillment)

Vs

Not hearing that and wondering... did they move the beer fridge and find a few random parts on the floor and fulfill an order or two from several months back?

Worst case, us die-hard pilots can get parts eventually so we can enjoy our Avant heli.

Best case? Hell, they might be able to "announce runs" and say: We will be making new heads, but need to do 25 in a run. We have 6 orders on the books, if you guys commit to 15 more, we will do this run this week and start shipping next week.

Or they might ask us the parts we want to stock up on...

Point is, even this stage, communication would improve not hurt. Just might even revive things. Minicopter came back from the dead and is not as groundbreaking a design as Avant is.

Oh, legally they may not be able to make complete kits... but they could make a crash kit of all parts (minus the monoblock) - then run a "sale" to include a free monoblock with every crash kit....
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #9
fatboyrob
Registered Users

Or they could have what they say on the cx website and one bloke when and if he can be bothered sorts the odd order out. If they were this magical company they would of put something on the website tell everyone what was going on and what to expect. Its been 2 years just except it
align 500l dominator
fatboyrob is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:04 AM   #10
Pitch-Itch
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyrob View Post
I don't believe that or they would be alot better and sending out parts. At the moment you are lucky to get your order fulfilled at all. If they were a separate company with licence this would not be the case
You don't have to believe me, I know this to be 100% fact. CX is not Avant, and Avant is not CX.

When/if Augusto ever surfaces again I'm sure he'll be happy to verify that for you....or even some of the former team pilots.

Or, you know, you could just read the "about us" section on their site.....Maybe you don't believe them either? Lol

http://www.carbonxtreme.com/catalog/index.php/about-us/

Quote:
CarbonXtreme is not afiliated with Avant RC but it's an online store dedicated to selling spare parts for any of the models ever produced by Avant RC at any time and order it from any country.

Lynx Team Pilot
Old 10-25-2016, 11:13 AM   #11
Pitch-Itch
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny_jeeves View Post
That's the really big difference I was talking about exactly:

Someone from CX logs on and says we will make parts perpetually (small batches so expect month or so fulfillment)

Vs

Not hearing that and wondering... did they move the beer fridge and find a few random parts on the floor and fulfill an order or two from several months back?

Worst case, us die-hard pilots can get parts eventually so we can enjoy our Avant heli.

Best case? Hell, they might be able to "announce runs" and say: We will be making new heads, but need to do 25 in a run. We have 6 orders on the books, if you guys commit to 15 more, we will do this run this week and start shipping next week.

Or they might ask us the parts we want to stock up on...

Point is, even this stage, communication would improve not hurt. Just might even revive things. Minicopter came back from the dead and is not as groundbreaking a design as Avant is.

Oh, legally they may not be able to make complete kits... but they could make a crash kit of all parts (minus the monoblock) - then run a "sale" to include a free monoblock with every crash kit....

CX didn't deal with people even when Avant was alive and kicking. Literally, you could not reach them. I still have them stored in my phone, although no one ever picks up. Augusto gave me the number back when I first bought my kit and it had problem after problem. I spoke to a manager guy there a few times, and the rest of the time I dealt with Augusto directly.

If you want to call them and see for yourself, PM me. The number works, it's just that no one answers.

My take is, the people are still there, still making parts like their site says they will. They just don't/won't deal with customers. You can order, and maybe get your parts in a timely manner or not.

There isn't really much info to be had past that.

Lynx Team Pilot
Old 10-26-2016, 02:29 AM   #12
dan-uk
Registered Users

My last order from CarbonXtreme ended up going via from Seattle to Mexico and eventually to Ireland according to USPS tracking. Never even arrived in England. After chasing Parcelforce and USPS, it seems the parts were returned to sender, some brothel in Las Vegas!!!
dan-uk is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support