Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:14 AM   #1
mmgbrouwers
Registered Users

Default Align 700X or logo 690sx

Since the package deals cost almost the same i am considering both.
My style is not smack 3d but do include piros ticktocks. And for the rest big air. Looking for stability and ease to fly. Does anyone have food for thought.
Btw I am 51 so noticing that I am not so fast any more. 😂
But I like nimble helies.
mmgbrouwers is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
Konna
Registered Users

Logo 690SX. Ease of flying waits you with it! Its truly superlight and will just float in the air. And it will pull hard 3d moves when needed. I'm thinking of getting one also for night flying to stable mate for my Logo 700.
Goblin 380 "speed edition"
Konna is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:36 AM   #3
Crashalotjoe
Registered Users

This is just so subjective. The Align guys will say get the 700X, the Logo guys will say the 690 is the best thing since sliced bread and I guess they are both right.

Personally, I'd go with the Logo. I love the way it flies, it's quiet, floaty, smooth and locked in. IMO it's probably a good fit for the flying style you describe. But then I am gradually gravitating towards a mixture of Logo's and Goblins so I am somewhat biased. I have Aligns too but fly the Logo's the most.

So many heli's, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #4
acidla
Registered Users

Flying Logo's is relaxing
...and let the flying be second nature!
acidla is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
Grumpy_Old_Man
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashalotjoe View Post
This is just so subjective. The Align guys will say get the 700X, the Logo guys will say the 690 is the best thing since sliced bread and I guess they are both right.
^^^^This is true. If they are really the same price (are they really?), then it just comes down to the one you desire most. Personally I'd go for the Trex (in fact i did), plastic helis dont float my boat, but each to their own.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #6
Keyrigger
HF Scale Support

I own both Aligns and Logos. My experience is that when you buy an Align, you should stock up on the usual parts broken in a crash. I find I have to go direct to an aftermarket manufacturer now to get frame parts for a helicopter that I bought four years ago because very few retailers (brick and mortar or online) carry the full line of parts for the models I own. I have found the Logo frames a lot more durable in a crash and have only replaced one side of one frame in all the incidents that have happened to my two Logos. Aside from some flybar head parts, every part of my Logos are available from Mikado USA or Mikado, Ger. Seems one of the bigger US distributors of Align is now gone (name change, maybe?) and they never allowed you to buy direct. It might be about time they did as fewer dealers stock more than a couple of parts for the most recent versions, only. Heaven forbid if you need a part for a year old version. Our local dealer blows out parts rapidly when a model is replaced. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:54 PM   #7
Grumpy_Old_Man
Registered Users

Don, what Align heli is that that's hard to get parts for?
As a rule I've found Align are one of the better manufacturers when it comes to parts availability. For sure with the 700 you can still easily get parts for the full range of 700 size aligns going all the way back, including flybar head components.
A lot of parts have been upgraded so the part you get now might not be the same part number but Align are pretty good at keeping compatibility of parts between one version and the next. For instance with the exception of the frames and frame joining parts, virtually everything from the new 700X could be used on previous Align 700 electrics.

I accept that Mikado are very good on parts availability too...
Old 01-05-2017, 03:39 PM   #8
Keyrigger
HF Scale Support

I have a 550EFL that was very difficult to find the bottom chassis for. There were only a couple of dealers I found that had that in stock but none of them had the full set of main frames as well. The situation was reversed in as many instances. The two places I can get Align parts in Canada had neither parts in stock and as I pointed out, one of the largest distributors in the US has ceased to exist. Moot point as they refused to allow individual sales and these days, try and find a dealer that will order in old stock, even if it might be shown available at the factory. I generally go by what the local shop has in inventory and they have the current parts a-plenty but when it comes to older models, they clear them out fast.

I can't even tell you what parts I need to fix the autorotation system any longer as they have made so many changes, I am forced to upgrade everything whether I need to or not, just to be guaranteed that it should work. I just got the frames and lower chassis floor in from the courier so at least I can move on with my plan for the chassis in my 700 size Jet Ranger. I loved my 550, dearly, and found it was a great chassis for my smaller Jet Ranger scale builds but I seriously lost confidence in the Align brand name with so many versions and the plethora of engineering changes for each model. Given the choice, I would go with a manufacturer that has had very few revisions to the basic helicopter and has parts support for at least 5 years after a model is stopped. Last time I checked, Mikado and MD are two that I own that I can get part support right back to the beginning. I am sure that there are others, too. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #9
jsbach#1
Registered Users

It's worth mentioning that as two 700 machines they are very different. One is unusually light as a 700 , which means it's flight is very sweet on a calm day. It goes up and down at the exact same rate it's not like a loose cannon spiralling towards the earth due to carrying an extra 3 lbs as compared to some other 700's. If it's usually windy around you the logo becomes a handful in my experience. Requires precise inputs but rewards you with such sweet flights. You run much lower headspeed and less pitch on the logo and a smaller weaker motor. Logo blade grips and mixing arms are plastic. The logo is built off a smaller airframe 550/600 I believe many parts are shared.

The 700X is more hardcore it can way handle more power, headspeed and pitch. It's a stand alone 700 and some parts are found in the 800 such as blade grips. Shaft drive , build once and forget about it. Thicker main shaft, more alloys.

Myself I had the 690 briefly and I really miss it. If it's my only 700 I'd get the trex. The logo is more of a niche 700 in my opinion and hands down the quietest bird I've owned. Everything I said is generally agreed upon if you take the time to read around. Enjoy whatever you get
Logo 700
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:20 PM   #10
Xfreak3D
Registered Users

being a logo Fan for a long time.... if logo700 vs align700x.. go for logo700 if budget permits

if 690 vs 700x.. for sure 700x is way much better..i just not able to trust well a plastic grips on a 700size blades.. esppecialy after a crash.. you never know if the grips wil fail or stil able to use .
Old 01-06-2017, 03:08 AM   #11
Konna
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfreak3D View Post
being a logo Fan for a long time.... if logo700 vs align700x.. go for logo700 if budget permits

if 690 vs 700x.. for sure 700x is way much better..i just not able to trust well a plastic grips on a 700size blades.. esppecialy after a crash.. you never know if the grips wil fail or stil able to use .
Blade grips are just 14 $ at Mikado USA so just replace when crashed. No need to be fear them to fail.
Goblin 380 "speed edition"
Konna is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:21 AM   #12
DCflyer
Registered Users

Isn't the 690 limited in gearing / motor options due to the 380kv motor that comes with it? If so, i'd be leaning toward the Align just because of that.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #13
mmgbrouwers
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Phew, some great Pro's and Con's either way.
I fly a logo 550se now and do like how it fly's but found the used materials of quite low spec.
(Yes I am dutch and a mechanical engineer so can be quite hars in my comments )
That was the reason that I was contemplating a different brand.
Hmm, the lower headspeed for the Logo attracts me, also read some threads about new tt ratio on the 700x that disables low head speeds. Must be over 2000rpm now.
Thanks to the responses it is at this moment:
60% 690SX vs 40% 700X (for me)
Anyone with 700X experience and < 2000 RPM headspeads with the new red tt ?
Old 01-08-2017, 03:52 AM   #14
Thoemse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgbrouwers View Post
Phew, some great Pro's and Con's either way.
I fly a logo 550se now and do like how it fly's but found the used materials of quite low spec.
(Yes I am dutch and a mechanical engineer so can be quite hars in my comments )
That was the reason that I was contemplating a different brand.
Hmm, the lower headspeed for the Logo attracts me, also read some threads about new tt ratio on the 700x that disables low head speeds. Must be over 2000rpm now.
Thanks to the responses it is at this moment:
60% 690SX vs 40% 700X (for me)
Anyone with 700X experience and < 2000 RPM headspeads with the new red tt ?
The red upgread gears are for high head speed. The standard black gears that come with the kit are good for lower head speed. You got the choice.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #15
mmgbrouwers
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoemse View Post
The red upgread gears are for high head speed. The standard black gears that come with the kit are good for lower head speed. You got the choice.
Unfortunate as I understood, they stopped the production of the black ones. So no choice any more.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #16
Thoemse
Registered Users

Quote:
Unfortunate as I understood, they stopped the production of the black ones. So no choice any more.
I think that is a myth that started here...
Any proof?
Old 01-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #17
mmgbrouwers
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoemse View Post
I think that is a myth that started here...
Any proof?
No proof, just reading the thread : http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=765504
It is a strange story, but no one links to a supplier who can supply the correct part with the old gear ratio.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:49 PM   #18
daboxe
Registered Users

Quote:
No proof, just reading the thread : http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=765504
It is a strange story, but no one links to a supplier who can supply the correct part with the old gear ratio.
Google it. it's available.
When I needed one, I think I got it from rotorquest rc
daboxe is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:09 AM   #19
Dennis Everett
Registered Users

i dont think the logo would be as cheap as the align if set up with the same quality electronics , i could be wrong.
having had the 690 , i didnt care for it , loved the 600 , loved the 550 , hopefully soon ill have a 700x ...

check the align trex store/enterprise hobby for the tail gears , they are the US rep now ...
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:23 AM   #20
mmgbrouwers
Registered Users

http://www.der-schweighofer.at/artikel/210513 , so prices are comparable.
What did you not like on on the 690?
I have the 550SE and also loving it.

Tags
700x logo 690

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.