Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > YGE

YGE YGE ESC Support and Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up +1 to the YGE 120lvk

I flew 6 aggressive flights back to back to back today in 90 degree weather in my Goblin 550 at 2500hs with the KDE 550 g3 and my 120lvk never broke a sweat.

It never got above 114 degrees F.

I love YGE!
Frostwick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

what settings are you running on it? i just checked my at lunch after 4:30 minutes of my second flight i had a temporary shut down when snapping inverted on my 570. it acts like a fail safe but the log on the spartan showed zero fail safes. i pulled the battery out and put a temp gun on the heat sink and was at 140 on a 80 degree day. happened the last time i went flying again on the second pack but i thought i might have bumped into normal but didn't i would have thought i would have gotten some beeps if i hit the over current or over temp plus i''m not running a lvc so shouldn't be the battery
shein95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shein95 View Post
what settings are you running on it? i just checked my at lunch after 4:30 minutes of my second flight i had a temporary shut down when snapping inverted on my 570. it acts like a fail safe but the log on the spartan showed zero fail safes. i pulled the battery out and put a temp gun on the heat sink and was at 140 on a 80 degree day. happened the last time i went flying again on the second pack but i thought i might have bumped into normal but didn't i would have thought i would have gotten some beeps if i hit the over current or over temp plus i''m not running a lvc so shouldn't be the battery

12 timing and 12 PWM if i remember correctly. I haven't messed with the settings much to be honest, it worked great with those settings so i left it as is.

The only time i have been able to get my 120lvk to go into overtemp was when i was flying back to back to back low headspeed 7 min flights with the throttle at 60%. If i run it at 85 which is what i usually do for 2500HS it never gets warm.

Speaking of all this overtemp talk ive been thinking about doing a 12s setup with a scorp 4025, an edge 80hv and the new pulse 3000 12s packs. you should be able to flog the living hell out of that without it getting hot at all.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would really try to run your throttle % at 88 or higher, the yge active freewheel doesn't work as good as they say!
Old 08-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I changed the pwm to 10 and relearned the governor store last night. I'm not having motor temp issues so I left timing at 18.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been running at 73% tached at 2240 for 5 minutes
Old 08-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried 85% at first and it bogged really bad. Towards the end of flight there was no rpm change between 80 and 85% and the head speed sounded way higher than the 2374 that it was supposed to be at. I'm running a 20t pulley as well. I have the speed up pulley on tail so I have to keep it below 2400
Old 08-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shein95 View Post
I tried 85% at first and it bogged really bad. Towards the end of flight there was no rpm change between 80 and 85% and the head speed sounded way higher than the 2374 that it was supposed to be at. I'm running a 20t pulley as well. I have the speed up pulley on tail so I have to keep it below 2400
If i were you i would get a smaller pinion pulley to speed up the motor, keep the yge happy and keep your HS as it is now.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwick View Post
I flew 6 aggressive flights back to back to back today in 90 degree weather in my Goblin 550 at 2500hs with the KDE 550 g3 and my 120lvk never broke a sweat.

It never got above 114 degrees F.

I love YGE!
Are you running the internal bec ? if so what voltage and servos ?

Thanks.

volar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by volar View Post
Are you running the internal bec ? if so what voltage and servos ?

Thanks.
Yes, with a buffer pack at 8V MKS 9767
Old 08-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwick View Post
Yes, with a buffer pack at 8V MKS 9767
is the buffer pack needed?

Can you show pictures of what/how you have it wired.

I have the same motor/esc and want to run my Graupner servos at 8v but don't want to brown out.

I was thinking to use capacitor packs inline http://www.yge.de/caps2.php
Old 08-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_1030 View Post
is the buffer pack needed?

Can you show pictures of what/how you have it wired.

I have the same motor/esc and want to run my Graupner servos at 8v but don't want to brown out.

I was thinking to use capacitor packs inline http://www.yge.de/caps2.php
http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1327

Read the ones about the YGE 120 and the different things you can add to minimize voltage drop.

I just have the pack under my goblin held on with velcro and an O-ring. The pack has a female JST plug on it from the factory, so i made a JST to servo adapter wiring harness. you connect the main flight battery first, let the FBL and ESC do its thing, then connect the JST plugs together to connect the buffer pack. I have it plugged into an empty port on the IKON.

You can use caps but if your battery, or esc, or bec, or any power supply soldering joint disconnects you will lose all control. If you use a buffer pack you will lose main rotor power buy not avionics power, and you can still do an auto rotation. People say that buffer packs are bad because you wont know if you have an inflight BEC failure, which is true, but you will still however be able to fly for hopefully the rest of the flight. You will know if your BEC died when you go to plug in the next flight pack because the FBL wont initialize. If you use Caps and have an in flight BEC failure you WILL crash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in