Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default So who's "Blade 300x "is still a "Blade 300x"?

I brought my 300x to the plank field today to just do some tweaking in between plane flights. The guys don't mind so long as there aren't planes in the sky. And people were looking at it and so forth on the table I was using and some asked about it and what it was etc.. I told them it started out as a Blade 300x, but it's more like a Lynx 300x at this point. There are so few "stock parts" left on this thing it's not funny. It really seems to be flying great now! And I love the smaller size for those places where you just don't have the room to fly something bigger, and it is easier to see and handles the wind better than a micro. But man, it really took a lot to get this thing to where it is today, a good flying heli. And the things to get it that way, NON Blade items, all aftermarket bits. Kinda sad really, the heli has so much potential, just not with the cheaper items installed.
edin508 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's funny is that my second '300x' that I'm building, technically isn't using a single stock part. Its MH frame and then basically Lynx'ed out completely (right down to the Lynx belt) Not to mention I'm using a SK540 and not even the AR7200
Tuvison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's kind of like if you replace the blade of axe......then later you replace the handle. Is it still the same axe? And if it is.......then what if someone had collected the old blade and handle and put them back together.......what would that be?
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a new 300X for my son about 3 weeks ago, it's mostly stock except he's put a lynx canopy and blades on it. I got it for a steal and only wanted it to rip the ar7200 off of, and being his first heli I thought it wouldn't last long......... well 10 flights later and it's still going strong he's starting to flip it, damn the Playstation generation. On the other hand yep, my 300X is all Lynx bar the fbl followers and skids, oh and of course the Talon 35 esc. Since Revolution are a Horizon company, do they count as Blade parts?
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Only had mine a few weeks so its still 300x, just put a lynx head on it, scorpion motor, AE45 esc, trex tail hub/grips. if i had the funds I most likely would go with a lynx frame but that's pretty much only thing i like to change out.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine has 400 flights and is original, except for four parts: Lynx main blades, P2632 motor, Lynx main gear, and Align 1142 tail grips/hub.
Ron_G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: So who's "Blade 300x "is still a "Blade 300x"?

If you say still-300x-AND-under-200-flight-new then I'm not too surprised. I would be more interested in still-300x-after-300-flights.

Once stock plastic frame has been braced and soft tail hub dumped, I have no problem with stock plastics even at governed and maintainable 3700rpm HS. Main head, grip, swash, tail case/slider/lever, etc. I'm ok with them plastic. I just swapped out my Lynx tail blades from testing back to stock blades and am back to Lynx-free which it has been for most of its 2000+ flight life so far.
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=550

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Closed Account

Mine is not even close to stock. I really don't like going down the upgrade path. It rarely ever gives you better performance it just makes your wallet a lot lighter.

The 300x though is the smallest best flying heli that I have found. I had a trex 250 and hated the thing. So when I upgraded it was with the intent of just wanting a more reliable longer lasting 300x. The tiny performance boost was nice but it isn't that drastic IMO. One day my 450 will likely be the smallest heli I fly. But until then the 300x fills the role nicely.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still pretty stock... but I don't fly 3D like you guys! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405983497.082460.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	523482Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405983563.653886.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	523483

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
murderisthegame is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well so far, it looks like non of them are "completely" stock.
And like others said, it is a really good flying heli if it has the right "stuff" added to it.
edin508 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 07:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderisthegame View Post
Still pretty stock... but I don't fly 3D like you guys! Attachment 523482Attachment 523483

Where did you get that fuselage? Looks great!!
scoreshot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoreshot View Post
Where did you get that fuselage? Looks great!!

Thanks! It's a Darthdrk fuse...

http://darthdrk.4t.com/

I just emailed him and asked what he had that would fit... I've always had a thing for Jet Rangers so I figured this would be a pretty cool look on such a fun little bird!

murderisthegame is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderisthegame View Post
Thanks! It's a Darthdrk fuse...

http://darthdrk.4t.com/

I just emailed him and asked what he had that would fit... I've always had a thing for Jet Rangers so I figured this would be a pretty cool look on such a fun little bird!

Very cool. Thanks for the link! I have always thought the Jet Ranger is the best looking fuse also!
scoreshot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 10:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: So who's "Blade 300x "is still a "Blade 300x"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edin508 View Post
Well so far, it looks like non of them are "completely" stock.
And like others said, it is a really good flying heli if it has the right "stuff" added to it.
Stock electronics alone I don't think anyone will be able to have the whole set still working good after 300 flights.

DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 04:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
Stock electronics alone I don't think anyone will be able to have the whole set still working good after 300 flights.

Exactly, that's why there is almost no full stock 300x, it would be unwise to replace a crap part with a new crap part.

You can get a Typhoon 2215-3550 and YEP40 and still haven't spent as much money as you would on a new 320H. Most of the electronics and the parts that fail frequent on a 300x is about the same or even cheaper not to replace with eflite part...

Electronics, brace, tail hub/grips and blades are no-brainers to upgrade or at least replace with better when they fail. Here's a few nice to have that really added to it imo...

Lynx slant gearing; since I was changing gear ratio anyway it was great to loose that super annoying sound...

Lynx main hub and dampers; really crisped up the cyclic and made a huge difference...

Lynx main shaft (shorter); stronger than stock and adds to the look of it, only $5 more than stock for a 2x pack...
Old 07-22-2014, 07:53 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

If a flight is 4:00, and considering mine blew up on her maiden 3 seconds into the flight... I was stock for (insert math here)% of a flight!

The bnf box should say maintenance trainer on the side
Scream is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2014, 12:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have two fully Lynx'ed out 300x (can you still call them that) and one original, all parts intact except for a frame stiffener and lynx plastic blades. Other than those two items it's fully stock. I rarely fly it but when I do I can't believe how noisy it is.
Metroart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2014, 05:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruster View Post
It's kind of like if you replace the blade of axe......then later you replace the handle. Is it still the same axe? And if it is.......then what if someone had collected the old blade and handle and put them back together.......what would that be?
I suppose that's more a philosophical question than anything. It could also be answered by religion, depending on whether or not you believe in the presence of a soul/spirit. I would think that the original soul will reside in the upgraded axe, and when the old axe was put together again, the old axe had to claim a brand new soul since its former was already taken. With a blade 300X it becomes more complicated, because no matter what parts you change, chances are the AR7200BX will still be the same so if you consider that, the AR7200BX is the actual heli.
ignaceous is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignaceous View Post
I suppose that's more a philosophical question than anything. It could also be answered by religion, depending on whether or not you believe in the presence of a soul/spirit. I would think that the original soul will reside in the upgraded axe, and when the old axe was put together again, the old axe had to claim a brand new soul since its former was already taken. With a blade 300X it becomes more complicated, because no matter what parts you change, chances are the AR7200BX will still be the same so if you consider that, the AR7200BX is the actual heli.
So what if I put an Ikon on a stock 300X? Is it now a different heli? I would argue the "soul" of the heli is the same because no matter what it's still based around the design and dimensions that Blade originally released. There would be no Lynx 300XL if there were never a Blade 300X. Anyways that's my half assed attempt to give some props to Blade. I for one would rather chop of my left foot with that axe than go back to the stock configurations on either of my Blade helis.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
I for one would rather chop of my left foot with that axe than go back to the stock configurations on either of my Blade helis.
Such a flair for the dramatic.

I do have a special attachment to my left foot, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in