Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Reccs on a 600-700 size heli

Ok, Here's my deal. I have and have had a Goblin 700 since you had to pre-order one. I indeed jumped the gun on getting it vs my skill level. I am by no means a smack hardcore 3D pilot. Can do flips, rolls, FFF, etc, but still working on some basics and newer 3D-ish stuff. I want to be a 3D pro, but I think using the Goblin for any flight until I become better is not the best choice. I have had it and upgraded it as I went along. Had one crash a long time ago, but I got everything needed to get her back up in the air. It would be hard to part with and I love the size especially when its far away, but I am scared to wreck it. I use a trex 500 as my sort of practice heli, but want an HC3SX on it for bail out...feel better knowing I can hit that. I know there are similar quality and cheaper helis to own which in all honesty, is probably better for me at this point in time. Any recommendations? Ive owned my share of Align helis over time, but I really dont like the DFC head style rotor heads. I would keep my HC3SX for sure however!
Mikado Logo? Gaui? Is there a nice heli out there that seems large, but doesn't use 12s? I want to keep my six 6S 5000mah packs too...they're almost new. Think an X5 I saw one time was like that (6S or 12S)...but Im told parts are hard to get... Ok, shoot your opinions out to me! I need a good orientation, good quality on the large size heli (above 550...)
Hmmm....
RotorFloater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Reccs on a 600-700 size heli

Get a JR NEX E8. Great machine by all means. Relibile, flyes great, high quality, resonable prices. But I would've flown it 12S. That goes for all 600 or 700 machines.
kristianwest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianwest View Post
Get a JR NEX E8. Great machine by all means. Relibile, flyes great, high quality, resonable prices. But I would've flown it 12S. That goes for all 600 or 700 machines.
Hmmm...interesting. It's a Horizon product too which means parts availability.
Has to fit my 6S, 5000mah lipos however. hmmm...
Old 07-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Keep thinking Logo 700...they look great... I may end up trying for an align. Maybe a trade for the 800 Trekker w/ my G-700... hmmm... Not sure here. I do know the Goblin 700 is too expensive for me. Although the 800 trex is probably equal in cost to the G-700...
Old 07-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Or Synergy E7 (or E5).

http://synergyrchelicopters.com/models/synergy-e7se/
Old 07-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmmm...Synergy is what I was thinking of. Was also told parts are hard to get...
Old 07-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any 700 crash will hurt the wallet but a trex will arguably be less than a Logo700.

Why not just go back to the Trex700 if price is a concern?
The latest and greatest is the 700 Dominator,
It has a very good electrical fit out but I would definately see about trading up to the CC160 Edge esc though. The new FBL the Gpro looks good too but I have an hc3sx and love that also.
The money you save buying the Trex, as opposed to supposed higher end kits, would probably pay for a new Hc3sx for the 500

And if you don't like the DFC head, KDE do a lowrider type 'normal' head - the SXT.http://www.kdedirect.com/TREX700SXTS.html

Alternatively, Align have just released thier own 'lowrider non dfc head too which looks good
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=634939
If you wait, the non dfc head will probably become an option when choosing a combo deal anyway.

So, even if you need to buy the newstyle head, upgraded esc etc, the full fit out is going to be cheaper than your Logos etc not to mention getting parts will probably be easier/cheaper to get depending on where you are.

Just my 2c
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 2c is still the JR NEX E8. I own two of them. And a JR E12 Ito. I'm deeply in love.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkievan View Post
Any 700 crash will hurt the wallet but a trex will arguably be less than a Logo700.

Why not just go back to the Trex700 if price is a concern?
The latest and greatest is the 700 Dominator,
It has a very good electrical fit out but I would definately see about trading up to the CC160 Edge esc though. The new FBL the Gpro looks good too but I have an hc3sx and love that also.
The money you save buying the Trex, as opposed to supposed higher end kits, would probably pay for a new Hc3sx for the 500

And if you don't like the DFC head, KDE do a lowrider type 'normal' head - the SXT.http://www.kdedirect.com/TREX700SXTS.html

Alternatively, Align have just released thier own 'lowrider non dfc head too which looks good
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=634939
If you wait, the non dfc head will probably become an option when choosing a combo deal anyway.

So, even if you need to buy the newstyle head, upgraded esc etc, the full fit out is going to be cheaper than your Logos etc not to mention getting parts will probably be easier/cheaper to get depending on where you are.

Just my 2c
Well, the only reason I was allured to the Goblin is because of all the initial hype when it was new (like i said above.) Maybe you're right...I know Trex everything 600 and down, the Goblin is just so unique and cool though. Only reason I STILL have it...but, yea, I don't need bigger than 600-700, just need big for one of my heli's and the Goblin is to high end...I love it, but am not quite up there w/ cost in their parts, and I know align is about a little more than half the cost of Goblin 700 stuff......depends on what part were talking about. It the air, both set up and functioning properly, they are both 700 helis...I think I may trade up... Feel a bit sad to do this, I invested a lot of true love into it. But, you guys do have a point. (I sound corny....lol!) Ok, gota run. gona fly my 2 awesome heis and eat dinner at ma's house (yesss! ..lol!)

Quote:
My 2c is still the JR NEX E8. I own two of them. And a JR E12 Ito. I'm deeply in love.
I hear ya, but I know trex since i got into the hobby...I ventured away, and sort of want back...call me crazy man...lol..still appreciate any suggestions tho...but I think a rex 700 is the way to go. ANy LHS will have Align if anything to be honest too. My 500 flys awesome, just want bail out...(HC3SX) BeastX is the shiz-nit tho
Old 07-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would go Thunder Tiger E700. Cheap, light, and the crash kit for $55 is great. Herringbone main and helical tt gears so it's quiet (unlike Align). TT gears had issues for some people but it is being fixed as we type. I am going to pick up a kit here in a month or so when v2 gets released.

Align super combos can't be beat for value though. I prefer to choose my own electronics even if it costs a bit more, but to each his own.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
TT
Registered Users

If you are wanting to fly 3D on a single 6S pack then the limit without sacrificing loads of performance is going to be well under 600. A Goblin 570 might be an ideal choice for you provided you get a good motor that does well on 6S. Smaller than a 'regular' 600 but more visible.

I've had Gaui X5s and they are great flying helis. Now I have Goblin 500s that fly just as well but they're much easier to see...and work on...and get parts for...and...
TT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2014, 12:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT View Post
If you are wanting to fly 3D on a single 6S pack then the limit without sacrificing loads of performance is going to be well under 600. A Goblin 570 might be an ideal choice for you provided you get a good motor that does well on 6S. Smaller than a 'regular' 600 but more visible.

I've had Gaui X5s and they are great flying helis. Now I have Goblin 500s that fly just as well but they're much easier to see...and work on...and get parts for...and...
Got me thinkin.....I DO know SAB stuff really well (the 700 personally.) Also know Align even better (600 size an down.) Hmmm...maybe that was a day of thinking I have too expensive a heli, but in reality, If I want 600-700 size, theyre all expensive really to some degree. (Gona literally sleep on it.) After flying just the trex 500 today, i think I'd feel just better w/ an HC3SX on it. I need to know I can flick a switch to save this one.... Gets far fast and I some times cant see orientation really well...need to wag tail a little or mini pitch pump this little heli to see it. So, my skills need continued improvement obviously. Almost feel like I don't really deserve a Goblin...no rich man, but a lot of pilots aren't...just we (some) tend to spend a LOT of our own hard earned $$$ on this stuff. Not many understand that either (think we all know that one.)
I just wanted something large, but not so damn expensive man. Starting to realize the SAB helis are not too much more in the parts dept than any other 700 out. Depends on which part, (like the boom for example...) Ok, gona sleep on it. Maybe fly tomorrow (the Goblin) if I can after work. Packs still charged anyway... Gnight freakers.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both a X5 and a B550x you can see them in person if you like. I'm in fort lee. The x5 is considerable smaller than the b550x but still flies big. It might be hard to get 5000mah packs on it. I know some people do so must depend on the dimensions of your pack. The x5 sure likes to be abused, just ask for more and more. Never had a parts issue with either. Have always been able to get parts easily. I also use the BD on both. Oh and the X5 can be made into 12s with 2 small 2200 packs and the B550 a 600 with the $50 conversion kit they have.
fazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in