Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need some help =)

Hello guys!

I'm new to this RC helicopter.
I bought a Honeybee V2, 35MHz. The reciver I got with it is a "EK2-0702 000108".
I tried to hover the heli today, but had a problem.
The heli kept spinning to right, I already tried to fix it by trimming and by adjusting the "PRO" setting in the reciver. But had no luck.

I was woundering what could be the problem here?
Why is it spinning to the right constantly? (The tail goes to the right).

Is the reciver broken or the transmitter?

I hope you guys really can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Alan
Terrna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have to unplug and replug the battery after each change for the new proportional setting to take effect. Try that if you haven't been doing it that way--should help.
boykintom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykintom View Post
You have to unplug and replug the battery after each change for the new proportional setting to take effect. Try that if you haven't been doing it that way--should help.
I have done that, but it still spins to the right.
It doesn't seem to stop the spinning, no matter where I have changed the "PRO" to.

Thanks for reply, really appreciate this.
Please post more if you got more suggestion.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tail spins right while looking at the tail I assume. So the helis spinning CCW?
Old 12-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have a stock tail motor, check to make sure that the motor gear is meshing well with the rotor gear, and that the little plastic pins on the rotor that engage the rotor gear are intact. If you have the DD mod, make sure the blade is turning in the right direction. If all those things are correct, try another tail motor, yours may be dying.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for responding, I will check it later today.

For "Viet-Lama", what is CCW?

For "boykintom", what is DD mod?
Any link to this mod, is it useful?

I will keep you guys posted, after I re-checked it.

Thanks again, for willing to help.

Alan
Old 12-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Remember you watch the nose, not the tail. So, if the tail is turning to the right then in actual fact the heli is turning to the left.
This sounds like a problem another flier had. Have you tried reversing the connector from your tail motor to your RX. Sounds like your tail rotor is working in reverse. Unplug the lead, turn it 180 degrees and plug it back in. See if that helps.
Oh, and CCW means Counter ClockWise.

Cheers, OD.

If you make a mistake and learn from it, that's progress

2 x Nano heli's - now passed on to Megan, HoneyBee V1.....Awaiting test flight, T-Rex 250 V1, Hitec 5084MG tail servo, DX6i, Walkera 4#3A (it's in fairly good hands Bugster).
oliverdots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most of us Bee pilots prefer a direct drive tail motor to the geared stock setup. There's a great thread on this forum: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...cp3+tail+motor
Old 12-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Never tried the DD mod but heard good things about it.
However, as a new comer the last thing you want to do is modify your Bee when you haven't even flown it yet. The bee should fly stock. Reverse the tail motor plug and see how that goes. That's the first step.

Cheers, OD.

2 x Nano heli's - now passed on to Megan, HoneyBee V1.....Awaiting test flight, T-Rex 250 V1, Hitec 5084MG tail servo, DX6i, Walkera 4#3A (it's in fairly good hands Bugster).
Old 12-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverdots View Post
Never tried the DD mod but heard good things about it.
However, as a new comer the last thing you want to do is modify your Bee when you haven't even flown it yet. The bee should fly stock. Reverse the tail motor plug and see how that goes. That's the first step.
I agree--very good advice--most changes like the DD mod can come later or not at all. I would recommend that any new Bee pilot change three things right away, though--I know these would have saved me frustration and many broken parts. I would add Super Blades EZ, the O-ring mod in place of the ring push rods, and the metal outer paddle control frame (OPCF) from Xtreme. Nothing else until you can fly. Here are links to the O ring mod. I like the one with 2 little and 1 large O ring on each side.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1820
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=21601
Old 12-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys!
I manged to get the Heli working, I think I just failed on the "PRO" adjustment.
But now I have another problem.
When I hover the heli, its not very stable, and the heli intend to lean back on the tail, so the heli fly backwards. I had to push the trim to the top (maximum) to hover without it leans back.

I also purchased the SuperBlade yesterday, just not the EZ version, but the other one. I hope it will improve the performance than the stock blades.

Why is this? Have I balanced the heli wrong, is there something I can do to improve the heli, so it doesnt lean?

Also, where can I read about the "metal outer paddle control frame" and where do I purchase this frame? Where can I get the "o-ring mod items"? What is the "O-ring" mod good for?

Last thing for this post, what is a "direct drive motor"?
What is the difference between this direct drive motor and the stock motor?

Thanks yet again!
You guys are awesome.

Alan
Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrna View Post
Thanks guys!
I manged to get the Heli working, I think I just failed on the "PRO" adjustment.
But now I have another problem.
When I hover the heli, its not very stable, and the heli intend to lean back on the tail, so the heli fly backwards. I had to push the trim to the top (maximum) to hover without it leans back.

I also purchased the SuperBlade yesterday, just not the EZ version, but the other one. I hope it will improve the performance than the stock blades.

Why is this? Have I balanced the heli wrong, is there something I can do to improve the heli, so it doesnt lean?

Also, where can I read about the "metal outer paddle control frame" and where do I purchase this frame? Where can I get the "o-ring mod items"? What is the "O-ring" mod good for?

Last thing for this post, what is a "direct drive motor"?
What is the difference between this direct drive motor and the stock motor?

Thanks yet again!
You guys are awesome.

Alan
Check this site for the Xtreme metal OPCF http://www.eskyhelicopters.com/xtrem...bee-p-605.html. In the US, I use Danco #7 and #60 O rings, which I buy at Lowes Home Improvement stores. Do some searching for equivalents in your area. Direct drive tail motors have the rotor attached directly to the motor shaft. The stock setup had a pinion on the shaft which drives a gear that turns the tail rotor. The DD is much faster and more powerful, giving quicker rudder response. This is not critical, and the stock tail works fine, but the motors don't usually last long.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

terrna,
Your center of gravity is off. That's why your heli is tail heavy.

Line your main blades up lengthwise with the heli. Put one finger under the flybar on each side of the heli near the rotor head. lift the heli off the table with your fingers. If it tilts forward or backward then move your battery's position forwards or back on the battery tray until the heli lifts off the table evenly.

You'll probably need to check for this anytime you fly so just make it a part of your pre-flight check.

The Honey Bee is unstable. It takes some practice to get used to it. It takes very small control inputs to correct movement. The super blades will help you to hold a hover long enough to get a feel for how the Bee responds to your control inputs.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If your center of gravity is perfectly balanced and the heli is still drifting backwards then center the ELEVATOR TRIM TAB and tighten the elevator ball link (the forward one) a couple full turns. Tighting the link pulls the heli forward and loosening it pulls the heli backwards.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks yet again!
This information you guys are providing really help.

I was woundering, with the DD mod.
What other than then motor do I need to buy, do I need to buy a pinon? New tail blade?
As I cant see any gear to drive the blade, as in the picture of a DD Tail it just show the motor and a ... stick(?) attached to the motor.

Thanks again!

Alan
Old 12-29-2011, 05:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Alan, glad to hear you are progressing.

You'll possibly get some conflicting advice from now on as we all learned to fly with different heli setups and bolt on goodies.

So my advice at this stage is don't worry about a DD tail, the Bee is plenty good enough to provide early learning experience right out of the box.

You will "know" when you need to upgrade because you will become dissatisfied with either its performance or crash repair costs.

Bugster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1

Bugster is right.
I had problems controlling my Bee and kept modifying it thinking all those mods would make it easier for me. They did not! I only started to make progress in flying my Bee when I went back to stock, (except for the Super blades, and Extreme paddle control frame).

Practice, practice, practice! When you get comfortable with your Bee, as things begin to go bad such as your tail motor, then you can consider changing to a direct drive tail.

I have a parts organizer box with all the Extreme head parts, several Ex direct drive tail set ups, a Bell-Hiller set up etc...etc. A lot of money sitting in there due to unrealistic expectations.

That stuff is there for me when the time comes if I should desire to use them. But for now, I'm quite happy with my Bee.

Here's a great source of info. Just give yourself some time before considering any big changes.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=182435

Old 12-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugster View Post
Hi Alan, glad to hear you are progressing.

You'll possibly get some conflicting advice from now on as we all learned to fly with different heli setups and bolt on goodies.

So my advice at this stage is don't worry about a DD tail, the Bee is plenty good enough to provide early learning experience right out of the box.

You will "know" when you need to upgrade because you will become dissatisfied with either its performance or crash repair costs.
+1
Old 12-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!
I will upgrade/replace my stock hardware(?) when I break them or they gone malfunction.

So I still ask question now, so I dont need to start another thread next time, and can just re-read the stuff you guys have answered

So about the DD mod, do I need pinion or anything that is requierd to use, ,when I buy the DD motor? Or is the motor compatible with any tail blade for HBFP V2?

Thanks !!

Alan
Old 12-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's some info on the DD kit and other upgrades including a video.

http://www.rtf-heli.com/ESKYHBFPV2_DD.html

Cheers, OD.

Tags
broken, hbfp v2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in