Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 PM   #481 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No, I didn't. Finless said he has set up 2 helis using the radio, but I believe he has not done a build video with it. I would love to be corrected and pointed to the link.

Dave
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #482 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sorry I guess I misunderstood the question. I thought it was asked if I had setup a heli with the radio? Yes I have.... two of them.

But I did not shoot video as they were not new build helis. Just me re-setting up on an existing heli. Pretty boring since I have made videos explaining how to use every feature of the radio.... I did it just to test the radio. Hopefully one of the things I am building soon, I will do a setup on.

If I do a new heli with this radio trust I will do a video.

Sorry of there was a misunderstanding.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #483 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just re-read my posting. I agree my intent wasn't clear -- you answered the question I asked!

Dave
Old 04-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #484 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Thanks Finless

after almost one year since I bought my Beam, finally maiden-ed it today... two pack of hovering and everything was perfect!

Thank you Bob for your Beam build videos as well as you Hitec A9 videos,among many.
Your work allowed a totally new to RC "Anything" to build, adjust & program a new kit heli from scratch and fly it without any incidents...

Just AWESOME!
dpelletier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #485 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob, thanks for all the info. you put out there for everyone to share. I am a Aurora 9 owner and very happy with everything so far but something was brought to my attention recently about a deadzone on stick input of an EPA w/ DR. I also checked HiTec's website to confirm and there suppose to be an software update at some point, do you know anything about this or have any input to when this update may be coming? Here the link:

http://www.hitecrcd.com/support/serv...t20100520.html

Thanks
Dr. Evil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #486 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I do not know when that will be fixed but it is a pretty rare bug. I do not know many heli setups that require you to
1) Jack up the EPA's past 100 although this in of itself does not cause the problem
2) Then with EPA past 100 set up a dual rate that is over 100% of EPA. Dual rates are usually used to reduce throw not increase throw.

So unless you need this kind of wacky setup, you will never see this bug.

If I hear it is fixed at some point I will post it here.

Bob
Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #487 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
I do not know when that will be fixed but it is a pretty rare bug. I do not know many heli setups that require you to
1) Jack up the EPA's past 100 although this in of itself does not cause the problem
2) Then with EPA past 100 set up a dual rate that is over 100% of EPA. Dual rates are usually used to reduce throw not increase throw.

So unless you need this kind of wacky setup, you will never see this bug.

If I hear it is fixed at some point I will post it here.

Bob
Thanks Bob, keep up the good work.
Dr. Evil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #488 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the great video bob , can i know how can i remove ccpm swash interaction when setting my heli on the A9? i cant seem to find it .

Cause i saw 8 FG has a cool function that eliminates ccpm binding interaction problems on the servos.
evoIX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #489 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

You can do it the basic way and use servo travel adjust like every othe radio out there. Or you can use the A9's swash calibration menu. I am not sure what the 8FG has. Possibly just the swash ring? Hitech may add a swash ring in future software updates
Old 04-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #490 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Bob , yea the swash ring feature . if only A9 has it as well . that would be nifty =) .

Sorry on the noob question but what is the normal way? by leveling the swash and playing with EPA?
evoIX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #491 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yes, set the swash in the middle center stick. Now adjusting the links to the swash get it level. You cant use little bits of subtrim changes if full link turns don't get you there. Mechanically everything is zeroed now. The go full pitch stick. Check swash is level. If not adjust EPA on each servo until it is. Not too much now it shouldn't take more than a few clicks of EPA. Now lower pitch all the way down and do the same.

Bob
Old 04-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #492 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoIX View Post
Thanks Bob , yea the swash ring feature . if only A9 has it as well . that would be nifty =) .

Sorry on the noob question but what is the normal way? by leveling the swash and playing with EPA?
The V1.08 firmware now has Travel Limit (T.Limit), which allows you to limit the travel like a cyclic ring. For overall travel you should use SwashMix. For CCPM interaction use the Calibration menu in the SwashMix (see Bob's video).
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #493 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finless,
I've had the Aurora for over a year now. I'm not a heli guy but I just finished downloading and watching all the videos figuring I could get a few tips on my plane set ups - that was a good call. Very educational - hearing it for someone who has a shit load more experience than me or any of the buddies I talk to at the field is priceless. Thanks for your work and sharing!

Phil Green
Chancho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #494 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Glad they could help Phil! Think about getting a heli sometime

Bob
Old 05-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #495 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bob,
Any chance of getting some videos for setting up a FBL system?
I'm looking to buy a new heli which will be FBL, but there is no one in the area who has this radio, and I don't have the first clue how to set up a fbl system.
Fierce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #496 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

What FBL system? There are videos for VBAR and BeastX. I did not do them but they are in those forums. Should be easy to translate the setup to the A9.

Bob
Old 05-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #497 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A quick question... are the trim adjustments affected by the expo?

Kind of new at this... hovering my Beam it tends forward and left a little, so I trim but don't really see any effect... I've trimmed say 8 to 12 clicks back cyclic and 5 to 8 clicks right cyclic and I'm kind of afraid of trimming more
Here is a real basic questions do I trim in the same direction as my corrective stick movement?

Swash is perfectly level, tracking spot on, CG appears to be good.

Heli hovers smooth, just needs constant 4 to 5 o'clock cyclic.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #498 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Because of the tail rotor push left to compensate for torque most helis will drift left because of this push. If you trim that out then the heli will look like it is leaning right. When first learning it is OK to trim that out but later you do not want that as when you go inverted it may not be trimmed. As for pulling back that could be a CG issue like your battery is not forward enough, etc. When you trim, you trim the opposite direction the heli is going. If drifting left you trim aileron to the right.

Bob
Old 05-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #499 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Because of the tail rotor push left to compensate for torque most helis will drift left because of this push. If you trim that out then the heli will look like it is leaning right. When first learning it is OK to trim that out but later you do not want that as when you go inverted it may not be trimmed. As for pulling back that could be a CG issue like your battery is not forward enough, etc. When you trim, you trim the opposite direction the heli is going. If drifting left you trim aileron to the right.

Bob
Thank you Bob...
Being pretty much of a loner, Its pretty much thanks to you that I have even gotten this far with 15 packs of hovering on my Beam with A9 Tx, so far (knock on wood) without any mis-haps.
Your Beam build video and A9 setup videos have made it all possible.
Thanks again.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #500 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
What FBL system? There are videos for VBAR and BeastX. I did not do them but they are in those forums. Should be easy to translate the setup to the A9.

Bob
You were right as always Bob.
Bert did a youtube video on the 3G.
Thanks
Fierce is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in