Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default x50 with align gov ?

Hey guys,

I'm putting together my first nitro heli and need to figure out where to put the align gov. pickup for the magnet. I'm just not sure how close the pickup has to be to the magnet... Thanks in advance...

Walter
walt636r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i think its got to be 2-3mm from the magnet, do you have the mounting bracket from experince rc?

check this out, http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/main-d...-mounting.html

Last edited by kevinl7778; 02-24-2011 at 07:30 PM..
kevinl7778 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks kevin, that helped!! If i can't fab a bracket i'll just buy one..
Old 02-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default governor use

Hello Walter,

As it is your first nitro-bird, just some thoughts:

- start w/o governor, as a governor will mask the carb setting .. take the time to learn basic carb-tuning w/o governor ..

- using Throttle and Pitch curves is not that difficult, just remember, that a 50' size nitro-bird might easier bog than a 50' electric (so called 600). So don't exagerate with the max./ min. collective pitch range, +/- 12 degrees is the upper reasonable end ..

- Pitch curve is master, the Throttle-curve the slave, means if pitch is set-up, the Throttle-points need to be adapted to get a more or less constant head speed ..

- before using a governor, you can apply additionally the function swash-to-throttle mixing on your Tx, this helps additionally the head speed not to bog when cyclic pitch input is given ..

- there are basically 2 governor types, the ones you can either setup engine-rev or head-speed directly, or the other ones you need to use a tacho to measure the real head speed .. the Align-gov is one of the latter .. Align gives some indications to which %-values correspond to which head speed on a T-Rex600 (good-news: T-Rex600 Nitro has same gear-ratio as the Raptor 50 .. being 1:8.5 ) .. unfortunatelly Align's values are only for mid-to higher range Tx, so if you e.g. fly a Spektrum Dx6 or a Futaba 7C you will have no recommendation

Look for an experienced nitro-buddy on the FF and try for the beginning to fly w/o a governor .. a real opportunity to travel along the very fascinating and interesting path of nitro-engine tune-up

Best Regards,
Oliver

P.S: Install the governor and magnet, but just to use it later
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Oliver,

I will take your advise and not run the governor when breaking in the motor and tunning it. I have a dx7 so i should be fine with the alighn gov. but now i've read it's not that great. I might just sell it for a better gov. when i'm ready for it.

I really appreciate your help and knowledge!!

Thanks Walter
Old 02-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

keep it and after break in and set up use it, it will help keep you from over-reving and blowing your engine.

if you do sell it the cost is not that high and it will help you more in your heli then your walet.

i dont know if your in a club or not but the best thing for you would be to find one close by and get someone to help you out. a nitro heli can make a good day turn bad very fast.

i have been in danbury before as i am a traveling service tech, there is a field at a farm about 20-30 miniutes from holliday in danbury bethel. ill try to find it for you, one of the heli guys trere writes for a rc-mag.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Kevin,

Yeah i think i'll just install it and disable it in TX. I have a few nitro trucks so i'm pretty good at tunning them but the heli's a different beast.

I've been flying my trex 450 for a couple years now but i don't know of any clubs around here.. I'm friends with the guys at hobbytown in brookfield but the owners a plane guy and son's a truck guy.. He flies somewhere off 84 but never been there. Maybe thats the field your talking about because he said there's one heli guy that flies there.

Thanks Walt
Old 02-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default difficulty of engine tuning

Hello Walter,

Tuning larger displacement heli engine than the 2.5ccm to 3.5 ccm car engines is easier .. so this is very good news if you have some previous experience

Just as raw hints:

- OS iddle-mixture setting (50 and 55 size) is factory set at a good default setting ..
- so concentrate on the main-needle first ..

Always keep in mind, to tune needles when engine has not reached operational temperature is worthless, so at least hoover for 30 seconds before starting to tune a range (as low/ mid/ high) ..

Best Regards,
Oliver

P.S: ThunderTiger RL-53 is a pretty simple engine too, has even less interaction then an OS-50 on low-to-high- needle
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in