Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Think my 3GX is defective... little help!

Ok.. first off Dir mode lasts like less than 30 seconds so how can I set up the heli perfectly if it keeps kicking itself out of DIR mode.. the 3G never did this..
#2 while in DIR everything works great. perfect throws and perfect setup..
once the gyro kicks in everything is screwed up servos are all not giving proper throws pitch range is really hosed up wont move correctly at all. swash is all crooked..

I dunno what to do..
been through setup 5 times..

Think I'm screwed..
specially since I bought from a person instead of a dealer. so cant even return it.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are not entering DIR mode, hold set power on 3gx when 1 LED out of the 5 begin to cycle release you finger off set and you are in DIR mode, you holding set still all LEDs have cycled and yor entering gyro set up which only last for 30seconds! Hooe this helps mate!

Cheers
jayfrs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default re

Easiest way for me to tell if I am really in dir mode is to hit try and move the tail with your transmitter. If it moves, you are not in dir mode. This is what I did in 3G. if it only lasting 30 seconds, you are most likely setting up the gyro instead. It will reset after a few seconds without any input. The dir mode will not re-set until you go thru the setup process or turn off the power. Make sure you re-check your gyro as well. You might have made some unexpected changes. The funky chicken dance is usually the outcome of a reversed gyro.

Turn on your receiver. Hold the setup button down and then plug in your battery while holding the button at the same time. It’s a three handed process or 2 hands and a screwdriver.

Good luck
whittb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittb View Post
Easiest way for me to tell if I am really in dir mode is to hit try and move the tail with your transmitter. If it moves, you are not in dir mode. This is what I did in 3G. if it only lasting 30 seconds, you are most likely setting up the gyro instead. It will reset after a few seconds without any input. The dir mode will not re-set until you go thru the setup process or turn off the power. Make sure you re-check your gyro as well. You might have made some unexpected changes. The funky chicken dance is usually the outcome of a reversed gyro.

Turn on your receiver. Hold the setup button down and then plug in your battery while holding the button at the same time. It’s a three handed process or 2 hands and a screwdriver.

Good luck
Whitt are you going out to the field today? Jerry is headed out.. could really use a hand with this bad boy.. It hasnt flown in a year.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 hold and let go Before lights cycle to the end(5th light)
jondabear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default re

I had not planned on it today. Getting my domestic duties taken care of. I need to madden my Velocity 50 with the new V-bar I have set up. I should be able to head out the field Sunday morning. I would like to have someone look over my V-bar setup to make sure it is good to fly. Do you know how will be flying Sunday morning. I could give you a hand sunday if it's not to late.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

what heli is this going on anyway...
Old 06-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I had not planned on it today. Getting my domestic duties taken care of. I need to madden my Velocity 50 with the new V-bar I have set up. I should be able to head out the field Sunday morning. I would like to have someone look over my V-bar setup to make sure it is good to fly. Do you know how will be flying Sunday morning. I could give you a hand sunday if it's not to late.
Not sure bro. I'll most likely be tied up with GF tomorrow.. shes working today makes it easy to escape.. Jerry said he was in the truck headed over.
So not sure..
Yeh this will be a total re-maiden.. spent the entire night rebuilding it and putting the new head and 3GX on it.. still not even sure if the engine is gonna rrun yet..

Old 06-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
what heli is this going on anyway...
Same as yours Velocity 50

Old 06-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

PM sent
Old 06-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default re

Not sure what up today but I cannot ready your PM. It shows I have one but will not display it. I have a couple spare nape hours, so I will use them and head out to the field in about 30 minutes.
See you there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in