Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default V450D03 catagory request

Okay... I just purchased one on-line from 9imod BNF for $255.33 which includes the $61 shipping bought 3 batteries from hobbypartz 40c 2650 mah for $60.51 includes shipping using code HPHF10 for 10% off... so grand total of $315.84.... Not bad... So now I just gotta wait... I will keep everyone informed when I get it and tell all about it.......
jakozzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm soooooo tempted.... I've put it in my cart about 5 times and keep loosing my nerve. I have 8 helis now... And I can just barely fly them... Its Crack!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Who is selling spare parts for it? I want a set of those blade grips so I can steal the ball links out of them for my d01
syphear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Parts are usually available only 2-4 weeks after the helicopter has been released. You are likely to see a list of parts on sites such as oomodel soon but they just won't be available. Here is a new video by Tony of Xheli. By the likes of it, this helis will be very popular and probably justify a category of its own eventually.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFg6LoALtXE[/ame]
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I'm definitely going to get this bird. I haven't heard/seen anything bad about it yet.
gabeoravitz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got mine from ehirobo, it arrived two days ago, but just got to hover it tonight in the lunch room at the office. I use deViation firmware on my 8s and it took all of 2 minutes to get the basic settings in and hovering. 100% everything, no expo, no d/r, straight throttle. All I did was set the pitch curve to -15%,0,+70%, set the throttle hold switch, set gyro to 60%

Lifted off very nicely after it go up to speed. But it went through a big vibe to get there. And did the same after landing. really got the shakes for a fraction of a second as it was spinning down. (At about 500 rpm). I would think that is the blades out of balance? But at normal head speed its vibe free and very stable. Can't wait for a clear day...!!!!

This will be fun, pretty inexpensive to buy.... happy camper
Old 12-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some vibes are normal at lower speeds. Most larger helis resonate at certain low head speeds. Messing with blade grip tightness might help.
gabeoravitz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah yes, good idea. The soft start is not very soft so I don't think I'll make it too loose, but I will play around with it. It could also be that I'm giving it just the right amount of negative pitch when at 0% throttle. It was a real quick and simple setup just to try it out.

Cheers
Old 12-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Once the HS gets going no more vibes mine does the same thing. But in the air real smooth an no problems. This heli tracks good an flies awesome can't wait until tomorrow will be off until 1/1/13
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Stock battery

Could anyone please let me know the physical measurement and weight of the stock battery? And is it really 2600mA, and what's the flight time you are getting?

I'm using a Turnigy 2200mA and have 9.5 minutes of flight time, wanting to use a bigger batt to increase flight time. I'm sure there is room for bigger battery, but I want to be careful with the wieght and balance.
YeeeeeHaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeeeeeHaw View Post
Could anyone please let me know the physical measurement and weight of the stock battery? And is it really 2600mA, and what's the flight time you are getting?

I'm using a Turnigy 2200mA and have 9.5 minutes of flight time, wanting to use a bigger batt to increase flight time. I'm sure there is room for bigger battery, but I want to be careful with the wieght and balance.
stock batt is 117mm L by W- 39mm by H- 24mm. I only get 5+ min hard sport flying. I also use 2200mah turnigy & nano-tech 35C-45C batteries.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
stock batt is 117mm L by W- 39mm by H- 24mm. I only get 5+ min hard sport flying. I also use 2200mah turnigy & nano-tech 35C-45C batteries.
Thanks vronny, the nano-tech 2200mAh also gives you 5 min that's all?
Old 12-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks vronny, the nano-tech 2200mAh also gives you 5 min that's all?
What kind of flying are u doing?
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

The other question to ask is what is the voltage at the end of the flight? Some people like to suck every last drop of juice out of a battery while others like to leave it close to the "storage" voltage. Most of the time, I shut down and the resting voltage is about 3.8v per cell. That way I don't have to charge them before putting them away for awhile.

Regarding size, I can't seem to find any Turnigy/nanos that are about the right size in the 2600-2650 range. They are all longer and flatter.

If anyone comes across a good 2500-2600 3 cell that fits nicely let us know. Preferably 25C+ and under $20.

Yes, I want it all...
Old 12-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
The other question to ask is what is the voltage at the end of the flight? Some people like to suck every last drop of juice out of a battery while others like to leave it close to the "storage" voltage. Most of the time, I shut down and the resting voltage is about 3.8v per cell. That way I don't have to charge them before putting them away for awhile.

Regarding size, I can't seem to find any Turnigy/nanos that are about the right size in the 2600-2650 range. They are all longer and flatter.

If anyone comes across a good 2500-2600 3 cell that fits nicely let us know. Preferably 25C+ and under $20.

Yes, I want it all...
I have even tried Ebay but all the batteries that size are all in 136mm group. The nano-tech 2200mah 35C- 45C seem to be good. One turnigy 2200mah 35C most weight 200g+. I did think about how much was left in battery after flying that long. If I was just flying slow & hovering but I tend to fly hard an fast with super climbout and pitch pumps.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try the 45~90C Nano-Tech, they have more punch for 3D flying or so I've read.

Did you give up on the Tarot then vronny?
Benvk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benvk View Post
Try the 45~90C Nano-Tech, they have more punch for 3D flying or so I've read.

Did you give up on the Tarot then vronny?
Not yet. I pm'd you. I have the nano-tech 45C -25C & turnigy 35C all have good power.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Affordable batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexperience View Post
I've ordered two 2800mAh 30C-40C Zippy Flightmax for $17.76 ea. It is very cheap, a bit heavy at 231g, only 40C burst, may not satisfy the 'hard sport flying'.
I'll fly till BEC nearly cuts off the motor (safe landing each time). Battery is cheap, extra fly time on each flight is priceless. The joy adds up, never mind the 17 bucks.
The dimension is 116x37x27mm, I will sit it horizontally right inside the main frame, slide it in and out to maintain the balance, use a rubber band to tie it down.

Last edited by YeeeeeHaw; 01-01-2013 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: typo 'joy'
Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I've ordered two 2800mAh 30C-40C Zippy Flightmax for $17.76 ea. It is very cheap, a bit heavy at 231g, only 40C burst, may not satisfy the 'hard sport flying'.
I'll fly till BEC nearly cuts off the motor (safe landing each time). Battery is cheap, extra fly time on each flight is priceless. The job adds up, never mind the 17 bucks.
The dimension is 116x37x27mm, I will sit it horizontally right inside the main frame, slide it in and out to maintain the balance, use a rubber band to tie it down.
Good idea. Post some pics and a review when you get it all set. The extra weight might not be that much of a factor for sport flying. This heli is sooo light. When I pick it up compared to my clone 450 the clone feels much heavier.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I pulled the trigger on one today. Banggood has the BNF for $235 with free shipping. HobbyKing has 2700mAh batteries for $14 and I already have a Devo 7. Basically got a nice 6 axis 450 for $270!! SWEET!!

I'm excited to get it. The videos on YouTube are amazing and this bird seems to be really stable. Both Tony and Alishanmao say this is the best 450 they've flown for the price.

Oh, and if you're interested...OOModel has BNF for $199. I have a coupon code to get 5% off too. Shipping may bite you though. It was $55 for me, so I bailed and went to Banggood. Would have cost me $241 at OO instead of $235 at Banggood.

MyRCMart has them BNF for $219.99 and they offer a 10% - 50% rebate if you post a video to YouTube mentioning MyRCMart. Not sure if anyone has tried this . It may be worth a try.
Blackhawk Crew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in