Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GT5 Cyclic servos move with out input....

Hi,

I have been working with this gyro for a couple weeks. I ust admit it is a little strange as far as set up and functions. As far as my set up it is on a Trex 600 efl 12S all GT5 settings are stock except for total gain of 100. The issue I have is that if no inputs to the cyclic from radio (DX8) on the bench the elevator and ail will move typically ele to the back and ail over to left. If I put the collective at mid stick with TH on it does seem to level it out some but not perfectly. If I fly it it really flyes extremely well but find that this stationary drift to be alarming due to the fact that last week while the heli was armed and sitting on the grass it drifted so much that it popped off the left ail servo link and was un noticed until slight take off and it wanted to tip over. Saved it popped the link on and all was fine flew ~6-8 packs. I guess that the gyro can not be left sitting for extended periods ~ 1-2 minutes after arming without taking flight. Any thoughts would be great. Also anyone here using this GT5 from the New England area I am from Leominster MA area and would like to see some others that are set up.

Thanks,
Steve
Stevezx10R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

servo limits ?
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevezx10R View Post
Hi,

I have been working with this gyro for a couple weeks. I ust admit it is a little strange as far as set up and functions. As far as my set up it is on a Trex 600 efl 12S all GT5 settings are stock except for total gain of 100. The issue I have is that if no inputs to the cyclic from radio (DX8) on the bench the elevator and ail will move typically ele to the back and ail over to left. If I put the collective at mid stick with TH on it does seem to level it out some but not perfectly. If I fly it it really flyes extremely well but find that this stationary drift to be alarming due to the fact that last week while the heli was armed and sitting on the grass it drifted so much that it popped off the left ail servo link and was un noticed until slight take off and it wanted to tip over. Saved it popped the link on and all was fine flew ~6-8 packs. I guess that the gyro can not be left sitting for extended periods ~ 1-2 minutes after arming without taking flight. Any thoughts would be great. Also anyone here using this GT5 from the New England area I am from Leominster MA area and would like to see some others that are set up.

Thanks,
Steve
Look at the G-T5 main display when this occur. If solid bars move, sensors indicate movement = drift. Drift may be caused by temperature difference or by out of spec sensor. My both G-T5 sits hours calmly without swash movement. If solid bars on your G-T5 do not move and swash plate will move, check your TX pots and try to increase swash stick deadband in G-T5.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in