Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > CJY Total-G FBL System

CJY Total-G FBL System Curtis Youngblood Total-G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Total G set to Gview for FC

I am using the Total G on the Rave. I am using three remote sate. so I do not have to use a receiver too. I see some people are setting the FC gain to G-view. If you do this, what settings are being put in the G-view menu? Or do you leave the already set settings in place?
What is the problem with leaving the FC gain on Aux 3 and fly that way?
I am using a 9303 radio.
Thanks for the help
pitts3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here ya go

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t613392p1/
Ejeremy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default gview

thanks or the info. I am reading over it now.
so I take it that you select G-view, set your gain and thats it. Nothing else to change in the g view menu.
thanks agian,
Old 11-20-2010, 02:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's some more info. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=253201

Just set the Channel assignment for FC Gain to GView. Then.. down below in the software your "Max Gain" value will now be your actual gain for your FC. Just change it there.
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default g view

Thanks, makes sense to me.
How do I know that all the values and settings in g view are correct? we were playing around with it the other day and I am not sure if we might have change something or if that is possible? Thanks,
Old 11-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You should plug into the software and double check everything then. If you highlight a parameter in the software and right click it will show you what the defaults are. Remember the gview and the software control all the same settings. So changing a value in one will show up with the other.
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default total g

thanks, I will go though it tomorrow and check it out. Hope to fly my new Rave 90 Monday if all goes well. can't wait!!
Old 11-26-2010, 02:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is one reason why you might want to maiden your heli with the Total G FC set to AUX3 instead of G View. If you set your TG FC to AUX3 and asign AUX3 to a two position switch on your TX you can then set one side of the switch to 0 and the other side to whatever FC gain you want. This is very convenient during setup as you can toggle between FC gain off and on. Now when you first fly if you have a major control problem you can flip back to FC gain off and save your heli. I have flown two full flights on my Trex 600E with the FC gain off and it flies OK that way, no worries. But anyway assuming it flies OK with the FC gain on when you land (or that night at home) all you have to do is hook up to your computer and switch to G view and begin really zeroing in your flying parameters. Most threads will tell you that the difference in flight between FC set with G View VS set with Aux 3 will either be obviously better or not, if your system flies the same either way why not enjoy the ease of having Aux 3 travel and a safety switch? If it flies better in G View then use that until the next update occurs to fix that bug Just my 2 cents of course. BTW I learned my TG in the Trex and hopefully will have a successful maiden of my Rave ENV tomorrow, best wishes with yours as well!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in