Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb Weatherproofing your Nano

With winter coming and all the desperate times ahead a question must be asked.

Did any of you freaks attempt to weatherproof your Nano?

Any of you, who tried driving RC car in rain and mud must know it is a lot of fun. I can imagine it would be a lot of fun to fly through the rain or in the winter blizzard too. There are some online videos showing waterproofing of basic micro heli using Ultra Ever Dry. Some even reported incidents of sinking Nano in the swimming pool and after a drying session they just kept flying.
Nano might be a good platform to try this on since it’s reasonably priced compare to larger birds in case . Sure one would better choose brushed motor as they generally are more tolerant to elements (well we all know Nano stock motors are, well, you know…). Other than that there is only swash plate and two bearings to look after vs whole bunch or bearings, gears and other stuff on RC car so maintenance shouldn't be extreme.

Anyone up to be a guniea pig?

Fun in the mud
https://www.helifreak.com/attachment...1&d=1412885620
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_26656-700.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	541551  

Last edited by Me_How; 10-09-2014 at 07:26 PM..
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thumbs up Fly in the clouds

Okay, so turns out it can't be that difficult...
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2015, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That vid was so cool. For a lot of us who fly in the Winter, with a lot of snow around, this water proofing would be nice to have. I just wonder what the shelf life of the coating is and when summer comes with the hot weather is there any adverse affects to the electronics.

Dave
Dragonsbreath is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would think the only things you need to worry about are wire connections, servos, and bearings.

A little dab of white glue on the soldered connections (to insulate them from shorting in dirty water and to strengthen the joints) is all you'd need. Just clean the servos and bearings with electronics cleaner (spray stuff from radio shack) and re-lube the bearings.

I would dunk my r/c crawler all the time, and as long as I kept my non-water proof esc out of the water, the rest (including the motor) would just need a cleaning.

Blade 450x V2, Nano CPx, 120SR, mCX2, Scout, DX6i. Just assume I have others, I probably won't update this every time I get a new heli... ;-)
jbrandt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in