Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Night Flying

Night Flying Night Flying Helis Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Please help me build a night rig...Blade 700x

Hey everyone...I have a spare canopy, and set of blades for my 700x, so I'd like to make a night rig for it. I see the stickies, which are old, and possibly outdated, and a few how to's. What I am looking for is a good LED source. I like the COB LEDs, but don't know where to get them. Someone mentioned HobbyKing, but I don't see them in either warehouse. I am NOT a fan of cold string lighting, so I'd like to steer clear of those and stick with LEDs.

So, what size batteries should I order? I only have 1 set of flight packs for the heli, so lets go with enough capacity for 2-3 flights.

LED source? I've tried SuperBrightLEDS.com, which I've dealt with in the past. Only a few COB options available there. Wattage needed?

I've got the big heat shrink tubing already in my AMain cart...What else should I get from them?
I_Bent_It is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned User

You might want to try the night blades kit from www.perfectregulators.com for your first set of night blades.

Or if you are feeling up to the task of DIY night blades from scratch, heres a good starting point.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=583548

A 3s 1300mah pack should get you 3 flights as long as you dont go overboard on the led strips. However, if you want to use those new COB led strips I would recommend either a 2s lipo pack or a 3s Life pack.

I didnt see any 3s Life packs at Amainhobbies, so something like this might work:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17955__HobbyKing_1500mAH_LiFe_3S_9_9v_Transmitte r_pack_.html

Those hobbyking COB led lamps get much too hot on 3s lipo packs and will need resistors to keep the temperatures in check.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__280__58__Hardware_Accessories-Night_Flying_Accs_.html

If you plan to use more than one or two of those COB lamps and still want 3 flights, you might want to bump up to a 2100mah pack. COBs use quite a bit of current.
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in