Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mini Protos on the way...

Ok so after seeing my buddys stretched protos fly I'm totally sold, I ordered the Carbon mini protos w/ YGE60 and a stretch kit to go 6S. My issue now is scorpion is making me the 1300kv motor but lead time is going to be about 2 weeks + shipping.... What other options do I have with a can that fits and is proper kv? any tips would be appriciated thanks guys looking forward to the build
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it backordered everywhere again? Hmm.. Christmas coming. Even FastLad doesn't have em. Sad..
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hmmm

Ready Heli is giving stuff away. They have 4S motors for 30 bucks! They have no full kits. They have stretch kits for 30 bucks as well with blades! Geez.. I hope they are not dumping the line or something.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What do you mean dumping the line? Do you think MSH is stopping production on Mini Protos/Protos parts?! That would absolutely tick me off to no end!! I spend A LOT of money to get my kits and associated tools/hardware/accessories, which will all be for nothing if they don't supply parts anymore.... I really hope ReadyHeli is just having a sale or something. Very scary to someone like me who's just started with the Mini. That was my biggest fear going into this, if parts stopped being produced, it'd all be over.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I meant Ready Heli.. I have not seen prices like those.. Perhaps they are no longer carying MSH. As for discontinuation.. We won't know when that happens. They are never anounced before hand and important parts go non existant instantly. Not saying it is happening, just big sale on all parts accross the board looks like they are no longer carying MSH. But could be wrong. I put myself on notify for when they get 6S motors. And I bought the last two stretch kits :-)
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
What do you mean dumping the line? Do you think MSH is stopping production on Mini Protos/Protos parts?! That would absolutely tick me off to no end!! I spend A LOT of money to get my kits and associated tools/hardware/accessories, which will all be for nothing if they don't supply parts anymore.... I really hope ReadyHeli is just having a sale or something. Very scary to someone like me who's just started with the Mini. That was my biggest fear going into this, if parts stopped being produced, it'd all be over.
The mini P is not going anywhere, at worst Readyheli is ceasing to carry their products.
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Boy I sure hope not... hasn't the Protos 500 been out for a few years now? Seems parts are still readily available for that, so that's a good sign. Also, MSH only has two helis, and the 700 on the way correct? Seems if they only have the two helis to worry about, parts shouldn't be an issue. I stocked up on some parts at ReadyHeli, would like to be prepared if/when they quit producing parts.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the 6S motors are made in small batches by scorpion and since everyone pretty much ends up with one(I have 3), they run out globally till another batch is made.
I highly doubt the mini p is going anywhere, worst case is ready heli is dropping MSH, which would be their loss, there are a 100 other sellers out there now anyway.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well I found a solution, for the time being I'm going to use my friends spare 1630kv motor with a 14t pinion until I receive my 1300kv motor. That should be fine for now
Old 12-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you found a motor that will work for the time being... sorry to hijack your thread earlier.. on a side note, I did ask ReadyHeli why they were having the Mini P parts blow out sale... they said they plan to stop carrying the MS Heli line of products, makes me wonder why they'd do such a thing. As long as I can get my parts elsewhere, I'll be happy If I can get a few years out of these I'll be satisfied, then I'll feel I got my moneys worth.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashAddict View Post
Ready Heli is giving stuff away. They have 4S motors for 30 bucks! They have no full kits. They have stretch kits for 30 bucks as well with blades! Geez.. I hope they are not dumping the line or something.
Thanks for the heads up, I got a 4s and stretch kit for $41 (no blades though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cujo22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default lol

Yeah, I took the last two stretch kits with blades. They are almost out of parts now. Just Flybar stuff left mostly. & iffun anyone wants to try an 18T pinion on 6S lol.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

So was gonna use my buddies 1630kv, but I found someone selling a used 1300kv so I bought that to, if it works well when my new one comes in I'll just sell off the new one or keep it as a spare
Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

You using the CNC frames? If so, did you actually manage to find some in stock? I'm waiting to start my build until I get a set of CNC servo frames... Those seem near impossible to find, much like the 6S motors at times
Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

No for now ill be using what comes in the kit
Old 12-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty89m View Post
Glad you found a motor that will work for the time being... sorry to hijack your thread earlier.. on a side note, I did ask ReadyHeli why they were having the Mini P parts blow out sale... they said they plan to stop carrying the MS Heli line of products, makes me wonder why they'd do such a thing. As long as I can get my parts elsewhere, I'll be happy If I can get a few years out of these I'll be satisfied, then I'll feel I got my moneys worth.
ReadyHeli is doing this with a few manufacturers if you look at the clearance section. No biggie!

Makes room for a new MSH Dealer!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

So everything has been together since saturday.... However I couldn't finish the tail because the guide pin that goes through the pulley was to big, must have gotten past QC. Either it's to big or the bearings are to small. Tomorrow my metal pulleys should be here and it will finally be done, can't wait!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in