Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tarot FBL Unit

My budget is very low this time of year. I'd like to get a FBL unite for this heli so I can fly it. It's been over a year since I've flown.
And I guess I'll need a Flight pack regulator, and a step down for the tail also. I have everything else. Except a pair of EC5 connectros. I can't seem to solder a deans on with my low watt iron. 35watt guess I'll need at least a 60 watt to.

I'm looking at this Tarot ZYX unit, does it just have the one Sat Port? And are they all the same?
And my other concern is my heli has the servo distance 20mm from output shaft on servo linkage rod. Per the Manual. It's perfectly straight up and down though. Any problem for the Tarot?

Jr Vibe 500E
Power 25 Heli
Eflite 60A Pro
Hitec 5245 Dig MG X3
Jr 3500 tal servo.

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The ZYX-S has the ability to use a single sat, or a full Rx (which may have its own sats).

Servo arms at 20mm for a 500 helo is a bit much, unless the JR has some sort of weird geometry. 16-18mm will be much better on most designs.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

All I know is the Manual for the Vibe 500E says 20mm from the screw that holds the servo arm on, to where the ball bolts on.

But the heli came as a FB heli, so that may be why it says 20mm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC216389.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	375986  
Old 12-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Shouldn't be a problem zyx has to be told how far to move the swashplate if it flew good as a fb then the same settings should work with the fbl
trex esp 500 fbl
AKPhill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKPhill View Post
Shouldn't be a problem zyx has to be told how far to move the swashplate if it flew good as a fb then the same settings should work with the fbl
Actually, FB geometry is different than FBL, because of the two unequal levers on the washout arms and Bell-Hiller mixing arms. These, in effect, reduced the servo-pitch coupling ratio. In FBL systems, we have a direct swash-grip linkage, which can have too much mechanical gain for a gyro to effectively control.

You'll get the definitive answer during the ZYX setup, where you'll try to get 12° max collective by adjusting the Collective Range setting on the gyro using the PC software or field programming box. This number should be between 60 and 80. If it's lower than 60, your cyclic servo arms are too long, if higher than 80, servo arms are too short.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks AKPhill & Dr.M I guess I'll just buy the unit and see if I can get it to work. Guess I'll try and get the USB programmer, instead of the feild one, save a few bucks maybe. I have not flown this heli yet, or any heli in over a year. I bought this vibe off a great guy on the other forum, a few months ago. I always wanted a FBL heli. Best heli I ever had. I got it for $250 shipped. With new parts still in pack. With good servos all around. Before I got it, I traded for a new Clone of the Vibe 500E, and it's Fly Bared, and I bought servos for it. Analog MG Hitecs for cyclic, and Jr DS3500 for tail. And put a quark clone gyro on it. New motor same as the original vibe, but dropped in a 12t pinion. I'm trying to build the head & tail up with a few name brand parts and fly this one first to get back in the swing before trying the FBL one. So I got a long ways to go before I'll get anything in the air, probably spring time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in