Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #61 (permalink)

I'd venture to say it's quoted on just about every major heli site on planet earth. This is a COMMON practice by FBL owners. Originally came from non-heli modelers I believe. The practice has been in use for over 20 years or so in this hobby. Shame you missed out on that tidbit of advice. I would've saved you a very expensive crash.

Lesson learned. At least NOW you know how to keep them from falling out. Mikado may not like a mess to work around if you have to send it back but at least it would go back from internal errors and not damage from a crash when the sensor wire fell out. I'd pick the lesser of two evils if it was me. And it is me on three machines.

Chalk this one up to mechanical error based on not using proven methods of plug retention during construction. Drama over, move along.

Good luck on the rebuild and re-maiden.
heli-lover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #62 (permalink)
HF Support

Certainly on nitro helis the level of vibes justifies hot gluing in the plugs and I have heard of several cases of vbar sensor plug falling out. Electric vibes generally much less but usually hotglue in servo and sensor plugs, peels off pretty easy if you want to remove them. I think its fair comment that you wont find that advice in many manuals.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any tension is enough,i lost two helis to deans coming apart, not by much tension, just "a little"
But that combined with the natural vibes from hard 3d is enough.
Same with sensor cable or any servo cable, loop it back and you have no issue, a little tension and you are in trouble.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #64 (permalink)

The only thing I can see in that is that model manufacturers don't provide that hardware. This would be something that should be noted in FBL units from any manufacturer and maybe a nice note in RX units as well. We loctite bolts into metal, CA screws into plastic/f-glass.. just makes sense we insure a longtime connection with electronic plugs too.

Let this be a lesson to those that don't think you "need" to retain them with anything. It's not that it WILL happen. It's that it COULD happen to you and if it does you'll be in a thread like this looking for answers. The prevention only takes a few seconds with the right tool. The model can only ever be as good as the limits of it's construction and design. Don't let the next digger by yours.
heli-lover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use double sided tape to hold connectors on vbar
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Gareth, glad to hear you found out what caused your crash!

I found out about the gluing connectors the hard way -- but I was very lucky. On one FFFF (extra F inserted at the beginning on purpose), the heli pitched up in very small increments, like I was pulling up on the elevator in a jittery way. But I wasn't pulling up on the elevator. It scared the crap out of me, but I was able to land in one piece.

At first I thought I had a faulty sensor, so I put a new one on. Same problem. Then I checked the connections to the VBar and there it was: elevator channel connector from the RX was loose. I should have checked the connections first, but as others have said: we all learn. I've hot glued all connectors, including the sensor & servo connectors, from that point on and no problems since.

Rebuild and enjoy that heli with confidence!
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agree here with MrMel, any tension, you'd be in trouble territory. Double sided 3M tape is my use on the sensor plug.
4cyclic is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I wonder how they did it back in the 80s with no gyros !??!?

LOL, we had gyros back in the 80's. Big heavy mechanical rate gyros which required big RX packs. What we didn't have was driven tail rotors, so autos had to be performed with plenty of forward flight so the tail would weathervane on the way down.

No such thing as a backwards inverted auto back then.

Sorry to hear about your crash Gareth, I use goop on the servo and sensor connectors going into the vbar unit. It peels off if I ever need to remove the connectors.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #69 (permalink)
col
Registered Users

That's great you worked it all out.
col is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #70 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Shoegoo the hell out of your connections. Shoegoo never really gets hard and can be removed with some effort years later.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maarset is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So does this explain his buddy's mushy tail?
Old 04-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a feeling that you need a powerful tail servo for this Heli. I would be using the new savox servos if I got one.
JamesGreen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in