Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I hope the 300x does not have mcpx problems

Man I sure hope the blade 300x does not have any crazy problems. My mcpx is driving me nuts with the 1/4 tail problem I sure hope horizon hobby gets all the bugs worked out of the 300x before they throw it out there. At least the 300x is built like a bigger heli and we should not have to worry about bad boards. To be honest I think a lot of the mcpx problems is that dang board.

Can't wait to hear the reviews on the 300x.
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

so the 300x is a belt drive BladeSR with FBL head??
Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

No you can expect the 300x to have all the same problems of the 450x only way more apparent given it's smaller scale. Also probably fair as well in a crash as a SR. MCPX is a totally different kinda a bird in a league of it's own.

Last edited by litehawkdown; 04-01-2012 at 11:15 PM..
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

400x?? and it had problems??
Old 04-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Basically, hope the swash is better.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hope it don't turn out like the SR I kinda heard that one was a turd.
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban92 View Post
400x?? and it had problems??
lol.... I fixed it.

And yes it seems to have a few that I have read. Servos, badly balanced blades and tail wag................So yes it has issues. But so does everything......

Do to smaller tolerances this will all be worse on the 300 sized bird.

I think this heli will be great for those that can fly and set up a heli well. But if you have no experience or patients then this heli is going to drive you mad.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

First of all you make it seem like the mcpx "problems" are unfixable and why would you compare a bird with nothing in common with another one. Out of the box the mcpx performance is the best bang for your buck IMO and the tail wag can be cured with upgrades or collective control. I'm not going to point out the obvious but what made you think the mcpx could be compared with the 300x?

Also on a side note its brother, the SR, only real main flaw was the motor tail which is gone and it has the beastx in it now so other then some of the basic parts it probably can't be compared with the SR and any of its characteristics.
BurritoSnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I truly doubt the 300X is going to have the same issues as the mcpx and SR. They are different machines. Also, the AR7200BX is an excellent FLB unit (It makes my T500 hover like a dream). If the tail wags, then adjust gyro gain via TX or adjust dial 3.

At this point, everything is speculative.
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sure hope the new Toyota Camry doesn't have problems like the Mini Cooper did.
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
And yes it seems to have a few that I have read.
You know the trouble with anecdotes.

Quote:
Servos, badly balanced blades and tail wag.
The servos are fine, they're just not particularly durable. The blades I've only seen a couple of complaints on (and, notably, none of those people bothered to contact Horizon about it). My blades were almost dead on out of the box. Tail wag is a setup issue.

Quote:
I think this heli will be great for those that can fly and set up a heli well. But if you have no experience or patients then this heli is going to drive you mad.
That's a big extrapolation there from a limited number of complaints about the 450X. Frankly my 450X has been nothing but awesome and given the 300X has the same core (AR7200BX) it seems unlikely that there will be any particularly world-shattering issues.

Either way, we clearly do not have enough data to arrive at any definitive conclusions about it.
Spektrum DX7s
GeneralAntilles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee364 View Post
I sure hope the new Toyota Camry doesn't have problems like the Mini Cooper did.
Or that silly Traxxas Rambler my friend keeps complaining about. . . .
Spektrum DX7s
GeneralAntilles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think it's too far fetched to think a heli from the same company could share common issues. The Toyota-Mini Cooper analogy is misguided at best. We can be pretty sure that like every other Blade heli this far that something will be best once modified (it seems most in this thread are too new to remember the plagu of swash separations with the SR's) and properly setup. True that the SR's tail issues were the major one but it was not a flawless heli by any means. What I can't wait for is the dozens of threads from people that are surprised/complaining about the almost guaranteed parts shortages that will come soon after its release and people learn its not as crashable as their mCP's (small doesn't equate to crashable).
Old 04-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
I don't think it's too far fetched to think a heli from the same company could share common issues. The Toyota-Mini Cooper analogy is misguided at best. We can be pretty sure that like every other Blade heli this far that something will be best once modified (it seems most in this thread are too new to remember the plagu of swash separations with the SR's) and properly setup. True that the SR's tail issues were the major one but it was not a flawless heli by any means. What I can't wait for is the dozens of threads from people that are surprised/complaining about the almost guaranteed parts shortages that will come soon after its release and people learn its not as crashable as their mCP's (small doesn't equate to crashable).
I totally agree. I look at this heli as a cross between the 450x and the SR and that is no stretch.

300x as I see it so far.

450x Cheapest blades are align. Stock CF are pricey. Stick with the woodies on the 300x as I have not seen 300 size FBL Align blades. 450x Servos strip on crashes. Either buy a crap load of gears or replace the servos. 450x Tail wag. Probably a Setup issue. Tails on birds this size can be a PITA. This set up looks better then Aligns and more of a Gaui look to it. But it is all plastic and will develop slop faster then a MSR head. This could drive a newb crazy if they have no time to trouble shoot. I sense a upgrade.

SR known for needing a frame replaced after a bad dumb thumb. Also known to cost just as much and sometimes more to fix after a crash as helis twice it's size.

300x form pic's I have seen. Mix of materials in swash and other parts.This causes all kinds of tolerance issues in manufacturing. Plastic and metal shrink after the manufacturing process at different rates. This can cause all kinds of problems in manufacturing. Hope the manufacturer has shown diligence.

All and all though I hope this heli is awesome.Like I said before I am sure it will be great in the hands of a experienced pilot. But there is a ton of hipe around this heli. I see a lot of new pilot's with their eye on it. This was what killed the SR. It was sold as a newb heli. HH is not making that mistake anymore. The sticker on the box says expert pilots for a reason. I suggest that those that have limited experience with heli set up. Or those with nobody to help them set up the heli invest in a DX7s or 8 so it will be more like a RTF once you download the file to your TX. Or don't expect to fly this thing right out out of the box like a mad man and be prepared to take your time getting it dialed.

Of coarse this is all speculation on my part. Sorry to bring rain to the parade again
Old 04-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That may be true, but the point of the Camry/Cooper was that they share as many common parts as the mCPX and 300x do. Sure, they both have motors and rotors, but other than that the similarity ends.
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Basically, hope the swash is better.
The swash looks more robust than the SR. It's composite/aluminum vs plastic.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If any have problems it will be the 130x. The 300x has REAL servo's a a separate esc, fbl unit, etc... The MCPX has problems because everything is incorporated into one and those servo's are junk. I don't know why they didn't just use very small "normal" servos like walkera does instead of what ever you call those things on the MCPX/130x
More feedback... http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/maxthepersonz-117310.html
Maxthepersonz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthepersonz View Post
If any have problems it will be the 130x. The 300x has REAL servo's a a separate esc, fbl unit, etc... The MCPX has problems because everything is incorporated into one and those servo's are junk. I don't know why they didn't just use very small "normal" servos like walkera does instead of what ever you call those things on the MCPX/130x
I don't think the servos on the mcpx are junk, i have put about 300 flights on my with some gut wrenching crashes(when it bounces a foot in the air after impact) and have only cleaned the servos once and it didn't really need it. still work like out of the box did. normal servo would not have never taken the abuse. i see them working fine on the 130x.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthepersonz View Post
Actually I think the mCPX servos are pretty damn good.

Not perfect, but certainly better than those real Walkera servos which really seem like lousy servos, based upon what I've read in the Walkera Genius forums.

My main complaint on the mCPX servo is the linkage is a bit sloppy. Strangely doesn't seem to impact the flyability.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

This thread is silly, that was the G rated version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in