Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2014, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which Radio for iKON?

I'm looking at a 10CG TX to use with a FASST satellite. The satellite has Sbus, which I will plug into my iKON. Must I have Sbus programming capability in my TX for this? I see the 10J can program Sbus servos, but that is not what I need (or is it?). The helicopter in question is the T-Rex 250 Plus DFC.

As I understand it, I only need Sbus between the Sat and the iKON? Or should I purchase the 10J to be shure? In that case I would need a T-FHSS satellite of course.
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like ther 14SG best myself. I use battery telemetry with alarm to tell me when i need to land. I cones with a Sbus telemetry receiver.
RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2014, 02:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks!

I'm getting to grips with things now. I wanted the 14SG too, but since I can get the 10CG in hand today, I'll take it (I have been plagued by netshop delays for weeks, so no more).

I checked the Futaba compability pages. The 10CG together with a FASST receiver (R6202SBW) will do the job for me. I need the Sbus only between the receiver and iKON, and it has nothing to do with my Tx. As long as I choose the same frequency shift protocol for Tx and RX and the Rx has Sbus, I'm all right.

With the 14SG on the other hand, you can program digital servos from the Tx via Sbus. This is not something I need for now.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your 10CG will work. Basically you only need SBUS for a single connection to the IKON. Heck, even if you don't have SBUS it will work but you'll have a ton of wire connections.

I use an 8FG. My Rx is a FrSky 8 channel SBUS (ok, I'm cheap LOL!). The connection between my IKON and Rx is only one SBUS connection. ESC and all my servos go right to the IKON (actually I have the Brain but same thing). Works like a charm.

There's nothing special you need to do SBUS wise from the Tx.
R/C junkie for the past 25 years and counting...
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2014, 03:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I always try to aviod tons of wire connections. A simple circuitry are less prone to failures and a lot easier to maintain. It's interesting what you say obout the Brain. My iKON is still "in the air" due to sloppy DHL delivery routines (OK maybe I'm sloppy too, not giving them exact instructions just in case this and that). I like to order my stuff locally in order to avoid transport hiccups, but here they only have the Brain. So I will ask the maker if the iKON and Brain is the same thing inside the box, regardless of name and colour.

Thx for confirming the wiring. It is like I had planned for.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brain and IKON (v1 vs. v1 and v2 vs. v2) are IDENTICAL other than the color and name on the box. Brain is the original manufacturer. IKON (and I think there are two other rebadged models, one of which is "from" Compass) is just a rebadged model. HeliDirect (USA) is the importer of the Brain but it turns into an IKON once it gets past US Customs. LOL!

I got mine used in one big package with a used Protos. It's a pretty slick unit and the software is easy to use. You'll love it!
R/C junkie for the past 25 years and counting...
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2014, 05:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahh, good to have that cleared up. Might as well get a black box for my (future) 450 size, so I don't need to paint a orange box black! I've been playing around with the iKON software in Demo mode for a week. Best software I have seen for a long time. Now I only need the hardware.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brain, MSH IKON, Compass TracX
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos
Frequency is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in