Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default GOV mode ESC setup?

After I program my ESC for GOV mode. I set the gov settings in the TX to 85% nor/idel 0% TH. Activated TH. Now do I set the throttle curves at 85 flat? Or what do I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 02:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeesir, that's exactly how you activate the ESC's governor mode. You can set-up the normal curve to something like 0-65-85-85-85 and idle-up to 85 flat, that way the ESC won't see any change when you flip between normai and idlle up while hovering.

Mind you, I was very excited about governor when I was setting up my 6HV, and I tried both the HobbyWing ECS internal governor (with so-so RPM hold):

and SK720's built-in governor (requires RPM sensor on the motor, excellent RPM hold):

But in both cases I found governor somewhat messing up the tail (the governor changes the torque on the main rotor in a random way so the tail gyro has to play the catch-up) and on Sutty's advice I disabled both governornos and are flying the old-fashioned slight v-curve on the TC and never been happier.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 04:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I find it nice to fly in gov , never tried the esc gov but run the FBL gov on all
my helis , like the smooth transition from different modes , my friends at the field who don't use gov as they move from one flight mode to the other you will hear the spark change in HS , on my 6HV I hade to lower the tail gain quit alot to get the tail to my liking
I would guess it got to do with with ESC your using , I found that with the HW 80HV that came with the 6HV got to do alots of twicking to get the tail to hold nicely , but with the Scorpion 130A opto , YGE ( both on vbar and ikon gov ) and the new HW100A V3 the tail holds on defaul settings

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-17 10.44.30.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	502931
HD500 cell using the ikon governor

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-17 10.41.23.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	502932
6HV using vbar gov

NB : bought the new HW100A V3 ( on my trex500 ) cos it has the build in phasesensor and the BEC and the prise was nice - like testing new staff
Old 04-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default tail issues?

You both report tail issues. Were your tails set up for rate mode first?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

To clarify, I allways set up rate mode, I fly in HH. Setting up rate mode gives a better HH in HH mode. This is also for my 500 w/tail gyro.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Chad, we have gone over this many times, and there is no benefit whatsoever of the HH gyro to be set in rate mode first, providing it's reasonably close. In fact Skookum requires you to center the servo with the tail blades @0 deg; they want you to have a symmetrical throw both ways.
All arguments about gyro or the servos having to work "harder" in HH mode if not centered in rate mode first are simply false and result from legacy thinking. So the consensus seems to be that there are only 2 reasons to set the tail in rate mode:
  1. You actually use it; whether frequently or not it matters not. If you sometimes flip it into rate mode, it needs to be set-up.
  2. If you have el cheapo gyro that claims to be a HH one but really isn't. I've tested some $10 ones from China that had big claims but weren't really behaving like a true HH gyro; they were HH short term but had a persistent drift long term. They were working acceptable after setting a rate mode first, but the problem would never manifest itself if they were decent true HH gyros to begin with.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I see. I don't want to deal w/tail issues. I will probably just skip GOV mode and try to melow out my TC top end by raising my mid point.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

try it and see , not all helis suffer tail problems in gov mode , lots of folk are running ESC / FBL gov with great reasults
if you get tail issues just turn it off
Old 04-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Problem is I have 2 models in my TX 1for 6s and one for 4s. If I Change one I have to change the other. I dont really want to open that can o worms. I jus want to fly a 4s or 6s back to back. I watched the finless vid on the Align ESC. He basicly says the GOV mode is crap. I dunno I think not now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in