Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

No problem digging up the thread at all!

The Belt cp is a good beginners heli and yes, your Futaba will work just fine. Just mount your reciever and hook up.

Be fore-warned, there is no such thing as a ready to fly heli. You MUST FIRST go thru her, remove every bolt and secure again using blue loctite. A full set up, ensuring the head and tail are mechanically correct is essential.

Get yourself a good simmulator, like Phoenix, if you haven't already.

That's pretty much the basics. It really is a kick to fly and the learning process never stops. Neither does your wallet bleeding money!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post
No problem digging up the thread at all!

The Belt cp is a good beginners heli and yes, your Futaba will work just fine. Just mount your reciever and hook up.

Be fore-warned, there is no such thing as a ready to fly heli. You MUST FIRST go thru her, remove every bolt and secure again using blue loctite. A full set up, ensuring the head and tail are mechanically correct is essential.

Get yourself a good simmulator, like Phoenix, if you haven't already.

That's pretty much the basics. It really is a kick to fly and the learning process never stops. Neither does your wallet bleeding money!
I've got the Phoenix Sim and i'm loving it, but i'm getting the itch to try the real thing out, and the price for the belt is something i can easily get.

So i'm going to need to use the receiver that came with my module not the one that's already in the heli? Since i'm going to tear it down that shouldn't be an issue, but want to make sure i'm not going to mess it up since it's an 8channel receiver.
artcwolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Clarifying a small detail that Tom's only hinting on: Esky RX will NOT work with anything other than Esky TX, so for your radio you'll have to get a Spektrum RX and install it on your Belt. A 6-ch RX such as AR600 will suffice.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the AR6200 on my belt, but I always wanted to put a AR6100e on it as the connector ports are on the end, instead of facing upwards. Would have made all the wires on my setup alot tidier!! That was about the only reason, oh, and it weighs a little less too

Only downside with the AR6100e compared to the AR6200, is you don't get the satellite unit with it. Not good if you plan on migrating the electronics to a bigger bird in future!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Gotcha, I've got an AR7010 that came with the TX module. Thank for the help
Old 11-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Okay got another question for the heli. One of the guys at the local club asked if it was t-rex compatible that way i wouldn't have a problem finding parts.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Partially. Some parts are interchangeable, others aren't. Any specific questions?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was asking because it was one of the heli trainers concerns about getting parts for it. I don't have specific questions on it.

I had a chance to go by the club yesterday and the trainer was there so i showed him what i was looking at for his opinion, he had asked if the parts were trex compatible so that i'd not have a problem finding parts if esky discontinued the heli, and a local shop had parts for the trex 450 all the time.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think there is a list of belt-cp compatible parts in the super sticky thread at top of this page.

Let me dig it up, and I'll edit in a link....https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=68411

Have there been any threads (maybe Raf's?) that is a good reference to put up in the super sticky for Belt-CPX compatibility. Seems to have been a few individual threads recently, but nothing worthy of super-sticky status yet. Seems right to keep up with a good reference point for technological advances at e-sky and compatiblilty with more commonly available t-rex/clone stuff.

Edit : Just read this one from page 1 and it seems a good contender too!!
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks copterboy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in