Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

DIY might have alcohol, probably methylated spirits. Or better, get some in a chemist shop, like for in a first aid kit for cleaning cuts. Best would be "anhydrous propanol" or "anhydrous isopropyl alcohol" (same thing, just slightly different name), as this is 100% pure, no water content.

Or Maplins http://www.maplin.co.uk/isopropyl-alcohol-28994
One litre can should last for years!

Just don't drink it, it's lethal . Stick with ethanol for entertainment purposes
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wire wool with the soap does wonders (SOS Pads they call'em here), remember to experiment with how you stroke it as you'll get different effects (waits for Tom to make a dirty remark).

Alcohol will do everything else, I don't think Windex is'nt necessary but give it a try to see what you like best. Wouldn't bother with paper towels unless you were cleaning out the engine, a good lint free cloth and a paint brush does the whole job other than the engine.

You can find the Alcohol in a pharmacy or anywhere that sells band-aids/firstaid. You should be able to get a 1L jug for essentially pennies! Dave is correct, isopropyl is what I use. Make sure to NOT get anything higher than 70% as it'll weaken plastics!

Denis you'll need to finish up your build as I got another one coming, we can't have to many threads going at once you know. My big tax return came and I just blew it on a Fusion 50 flybar kit, Scorpion 4035-530Kv, some 610's, a Quark and a 650 - no batteries decided on, best part is there is just a bit extra to get a few jugs of fuel. Luckily I didn't have to sell the ICE 80Hv I bought last month. This summer is going to be sah-weet.

You guys and your debates; everywhere I go people are always sided or trying to conclude what is the best, PS3 or Xbox, Mac or PC so much hate and competitiveness. Jonny I like how you summed that up though where nitro is pay as you go and electric is a commitment/contract. I think it's very fitting. Buy a jug of fuel, burn it and your done. Invest in a batch of batteries and you need to maintain them regularly and use them within the guidelines to insure you still have something later. Like a Pay-as-you-go mobile phone you pay a extra percentage for that convince like a nitro - either way, I'll fly what I enjoy and works for me, haters can waste their breath.
UPGl2AYDD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011, 05:07 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPGl2AYDD View Post
Wouldn't bother with paper towels unless you were cleaning out the engine, a good lint free cloth and a paint brush does the whole job other than the engine.
+1 Mike. Denis, I think I wasn't precise in the towel department, I'm actually not using normal paper towels, I (and just about everyone else at the club) use the blue automotive version you get in auto supply store, they're much stronger, lint free and you can reuse them a few times before throwing away. Some people use cloth, as well.

Quote:
My big tax return came and I just blew it on a Fusion 50 flybar kit, Scorpion 4035-530Kv, some 610's, a Quark and a 650 - no batteries decided on, best part is there is just a bit extra to get a few jugs of fuel. Luckily I didn't have to sell the ICE 80Hv I bought last month. This summer is going to be sah-weet.
You need an urgent HH meeting, brother Mike, and I've been getting an uneasy feeling that I may be needing one as well. Where is Grand Pubba when we need him in our moments of the weakness???

Quote:
You guys and your debates; everywhere I go people are always sided or trying to conclude what is the best, PS3 or Xbox, Mac or PC so much hate and competitiveness. Jonny I like how you summed that up though where nitro is pay as you go and electric is a commitment/contract. I think it's very fitting. Buy a jug of fuel, burn it and your done. Invest in a batch of batteries and you need to maintain them regularly and use them within the guidelines to insure you still have something later. Like a Pay-as-you-go mobile phone you pay a extra percentage for that convince like a nitro - either way, I'll fly what I enjoy and works for me, haters can waste their breath.
+1 Mike. That's what makes Belt CP forum best in the world, isn't it?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 Dave. Surgical spirit is good for getting oil off bolts. It smells nice too
Old 03-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just been knocked for 6 by the ex-missus. Despite spending over the last 12 months trying to sort things out and living separately, I just found out she has moved on.

I 'accidentally' found out, she didn't have it in her to tell me, and she has been stringing me along now for a couple of months. She wanted to show me some problem texts she had been receiveing from a p0rn site, but she accidentally went back to her inbox and showed me all these text's from her new man!! Be-ach or what!! Don't think it was an accident if you catch my drift. Anyway, don't mean to rant on too much, it's painful enough at the moment (will probably feel better in morning!).

I need a few days to clear my head and catch up on some work. The good news as far as heli's are concerned is that I have re-negotiated my looking after Jack arrangements and I now get every other Sunday off, but I have to try and arrange my work so I can finish earlier on a Saturday and have him on Saturday nights and Sunday.

Finally, I get a regular day off. Even if it is every 2 weeks

Sorry this is all way of topic. But I just want my friends to know I'm ok. I maybe out of town for a few days
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Denis, there is nothing to say but , keep your head and spirit up high.
Been there, done that, and the only thing that came OK out of it is that I'm on the quite good footing with my ex, which is to the big benefit of the kids, and everyone else for that matter...
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheers Jerry I will do. I'll be on that roof working on my sun tan again tomorrow

Then, as it's my day off this Sunday, I'll be going out Saturday night to raise the spirit levels once again lol

Hmmm, maybe go fishing Saturday night, I'll take my rod out....hehehe
Old 03-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah Dave, what can you say? women, can't live with them, illegal to lock them in the basememt. Go figure.

Mike, I'm impressed, that Fusion is a hell of a nice kit! Scorpion, Ice80, going to be a real nice build there, my friend. Looking forward to a real good build thread there, buddy!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes Dave... keep at it ... I have been there.. done that and I had 4 kids to work thru.. (all grown up now !!) .. The great thing is now the kids WANT to spend their free time with me and my new wife..
So.. remember not to burn any bridges... I know its hard, but you will need to maintain a reasonable relationship with your EX.. for a long time.. because you have kids involved..
It is a lot of effort and painful at times,, but the rewards come later.. the kids will work it out sooner or later who looked after them when it counts !! ..
Good luck with it,, and remember , this is the Forum where we can solve and assist in ALL types of issues...
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 02:26 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah Denis, feel for you bro, I think all of us have at least been drug through the mud by a women once, hurts like hell to say the least. Sit back, have a few wobbly-pops and have at what ever can occupy your mind, perhaps another heli purchase?

We're all here for ya.
UPGl2AYDD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys, thought it was about time for an update.

It's been a very difficult week, but I am starting to get through the worst of it. Thanks for all the support (esp Jerry that is so true).

It has become very evident going through this ordeal that I have a big problem with kanibis use (mis-spelt deliberately!!). I am now seeking professional advice to help me kick this habit of 21 yrs. I've been feeling like giving up ever since Jack was conceived, as his mother managed to do it, once the test came back positive!!

The ending of the relationship with his mother is what has finally prompted me to seek help. Now been clean for 3 days, my head is starting to clear and I'm feeling much more positive about things.

I may not be around so much over the next few weeks, as I feel I need some time to develop some new routine's, and help the chemical balance in my body get back to normal.

I often sit at my computer chuffing away, so I need to keep myself busy to deal with the cravings!! I'm certainly not giving up on the heli's, I just need some time to re-asses my life and kick this dirty habit. In a few months time, cigarette's will be next on my hit list.

If I don't post for a while and your worried if I'm ok, then just drop me a quick PM. HF is still my homepage and I see the profile banner and PM notifications everytime I click to go online. I just don't want to hang around posting much, as they say the devil makes work for idle thumbs.....Better get flying again soon then!!

So now, I'm not just re-building this 600, I'm re-building my life also!!

Cheers,
Dave!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Dave!, sorry to hear life is taking you through one of those rough patches at the moment. I know exactly how you feel, the last year for me has been as bad as it can get for anybody, but there is light at the end of the tunnel and things start to settle down eventually.

Trying to find new routines is a great way to ease the heartache and get you feeling positive again. And you know we'll all be routing for you.

Take care Denis. The 'other' Dave!!
dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Denis, again . Life's like this 600 of yours, it just needs to be put back together, piece by piece. Hang in there
Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have confidence in you Dave! If I can do this, you can get thru too, my friend.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Woke up this morning feeling lightheaded and stomach churning. Definately getting aggro from my brain about it!!

Well, I managed a quick flight today with my new scale heli. It went very well...I think

Old 03-31-2011, 06:03 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've decided I've had enough of a break and life is now getting back to somekind of normality.

Work schedule is still hectic for the next week, and I have Jack this Sat night & Sun too. No rest for the wicked!!

mCPx update - I'll be ordering the spares for my mCPx in the next day or two.

600 update - I've got some lint free towels and windex now. Also found a chemist that supplies alchohol cleaner, and spotted some super fine wire wool in a builders merchants I shop at regularly. So I'll be picking them up over the next few days.

I want to work on the 600 next week, but as it tax year end in the UK and the end of my first year self-employed, I have to catch up on paperwork so I can keep the taxman off my back!! I'm booking next Saturday night to continue the 600 build.

Gaz - fancy coming round to help me?? If you ask your Mrs to drop you off, I'll get some beers and pay for your taxi home. Sorry didn't get time to ring you back earlier...Was on the phone to someone for over an hour!!

And if anyone's wondering, it's not a new woman Just an old friend
Old 04-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Denis, all the best with getting back on track. If you have any moments of weakness, think of Jack and how much better things can be (not the grumpy old Jack on HF, jokes) You've got the chance to get things right, some people don't even get the chance to have a normal life, which is often taken for granted by most people.

Looking forward to seeing you at the fun fly. And I hope to see your 600 there, finished too.

Jonny
Old 04-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the thoughts Jonny. I'm starting to feel stronger everyday, despite not being able to sleep very well at night!! I'm very tired from work today and I'm working all day tomorrow before I pick Jack up. Had a couple of beers after work earlier, and a couple of vodka's now to knock me out. I'm trying to get an early night tonight, so I have the energy for Jack tomorrow and Sunday.

The shock and rawness of the relationship 'officially' ending in this way, is passing with everyday, and I'm starting to see what a raw deal I was getting there. I now realise I was right to have left her in the first place, just over 12 months ago. She never made any sacrifices for our family, or compromise with me, that sums up the various reasons why I left quite easily!! I'm much better off without her, and it's just about my future with Jack now.

Indeed the last 2 weeks have been a raw time, especially because Jack's involved. I've split up with girls before, and it's hurt, but I never had to deal with having a child to consider, so I am making steps to put things right about it. They are very wise words from such young shoulders. I will certainly take yours and everyone else's advice onboard.

I think I have taken up enough space on HF about this, so I'm going to try and stop banging on about it now. Lets get back to some good ole heli chat. I just want to thank mods for not telling me off for being so off topic, and ofcourse to everyone who has posted their thoughts previously.

Sooo looking forward to the FFFD now. I feel I've known you for 3 yrs Jonny, and I'm really glad I'm finally going to meet you. At least I don't have to threaten to come and kidnap you this time

So, the 600 build...I will definately be flying at the FFFD, possibly maiden it, if work stays busy upto that time. Hoping to find the odd hour or 2 this weekend to finish stripping and start cleaning. Gaz rang today and should be able to come round next Saturday night with some tools, should help really push things along. Next Sunday is my day off, so will get to do some more re-building then.

For now I'm just going to enjoy my time with family this weekend and catch up with my work.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had absolutley no time for the heli's this week...it's all work, work & more work. £££

Worked from 8am till 7pm Mon, Tuesday, and 9pm Wed, Thurs, Today I worked on one job till 5.15, picked jack up and dropped him off at his mums, then went to carry on another job at 7.30pm and finished at 10.30pm!! Should have enough money to cover my van insurance and road tax now, and I've got another 2 jobs confirmed this week

Good news for the piggy bank, but won't have much time for heli's still over the next week or so. This weekend is my weekend off and I am looking forward to indulging a little.

I feel so much better in the mornings now, and all the work is making me feel naturally tired and I'm sleeping better now.

Councilling is helping me cope with all the issues I have and deal with them the right way.

Gaz - sorry I didn't get time to call round to yours earlier, I'm sure you understand why....I had to get out of there quick. I will not be told what I can and can't do by those people any longer, I tolerated it from my ex for the last 3 yrs, so I'm taking control of the situationand dealing with it through the proper channels (I always carry a video camera for collecting evidence now). Hope you can still come round tomorrow. I'll give you a call around lunchtime to see what your upto. Bring your mcpx too, and we can have duel
Old 04-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by copterboy View Post
I've had absolutley no time for the heli's this week...it's all work, work & more work. £££

Worked from 8am till 7pm Mon, Tuesday, and 9pm Wed, Thurs, Today I worked on one job till 5.15, picked jack up and dropped him off at his mums, then went to carry on another job at 7.30pm and finished at 10.30pm!! Should have enough money to cover my van insurance and road tax now, and I've got another 2 jobs confirmed this week

Good news for the piggy bank, but won't have much time for heli's still over the next week or so. This weekend is my weekend off and I am looking forward to indulging a little.

I feel so much better in the mornings now, and all the work is making me feel naturally tired and I'm sleeping better now.

Councilling is helping me cope with all the issues I have and deal with them the right way.

Gaz - sorry I didn't get time to call round to yours earlier, I'm sure you understand why....I had to get out of there quick. I will not be told what I can and can't do by those people any longer, I tolerated it from my ex for the last 3 yrs, so I'm taking control of the situationand dealing with it through the proper channels (I always carry a video camera for collecting evidence now). Hope you can still come round tomorrow. I'll give you a call around lunchtime to see what your upto. Bring your mcpx too, and we can have duel
Yo den, sorry could not make it tonight, but will come round 1 night in the week for that duel, oh and help with the 600.

Sent from my iPhone
Trex 250SE/MCPX
rapidgaz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in