Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Car and Truck Info and Support > Gas & Glow

Gas & Glow Gas and Glow R/C Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default wanting to return to rc cars but need help on buying.

First off I just want to say high,I'm new to the forum and got directed this way by a friend,hope to meet some new people and hopefully get to bash/race with some of you.

I've been thinking for awhile now about getting back into rc cars, when I was younger (I'm 32 now) I had a few nitro powered rc cars(and a few planes) all being tarmac non off road vehicles the fastest being a two speed nitro (sadly cannot remember any make or models of what I owned has been a good old while now since I owned them)

I've never owned a off road type of rc car and it was something I always wanted but just never ended getting one, my friend having a traxxas of some sort of off roader was a constant reminder of what cool things they could do and what mine couldn't! Haha, so want to get back the fun I missed back then.

Due to not knowing anything about the rc scene, cars, manufacturers and so on I thought I would ask here to get some advice and gain some knowledge hope you all don't mind I'm sure you get alot of help me buy my first rc car and so on so I apologise in advance!.

I'm wanting a off road buggy/stadium truck or the type that maybe I don't know of that's strong and reliable, I've had nitro but never electric and have heard they have made huge progress within the electric side since I used to have any cars so was thinking of giving electric a go (plus I remember the nightmare of having to try to get the thing started and lugging around fuel, glow plug starter,starter and so on and don't really want to go back to that if I can help it.

I've been recommended the hpi E firestorm and the traxxas rustler are these good cars for a amateur/intermediate? Is it worth paying the extra for the flux/vxl model? Or get used to them then upgrade when i feel it is needed,are there other cars you would recomend instead?From the reviews I've read they seem to be good but the true opinion comes from people who use them properly!

I don't want to go to mad price wise as I want to make sure I like it before I plumb to much money into it, I can see upgrades and so on will hook me in,amongst buying other cars later on down the line and get expensive quickly haha,so I'm thinking around £200-£250 I'm happy to buy new or second hand does this seem a realistic budget? Best place to buy?

Sorry for all the questions!.

Any help would be much appreciated
tarotaroro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2014, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stadium trucks suck, ill just lay it out there. being RWD makes them a handful in general and they are really best suited for a nice track to race on. the Traxxas Rev/E-Revo is the way to go for all around off-road use. the suspension is amazing and they're pretty effn tough. A few RPM parts and they're almost indestructible. the HPI savage is another good option but the Revo performs better overall.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

I have a nitro sport (stadium truck) that has an on board starter and glow igniter all you need is a battery and button that's it no starter no glow plug tool it's all built in. Here in Cali everyone is going electric and there is good reason they are fast fun and there are a ton of indoor tracks.
I prefer nitro but am getting out of the stadium trucks to get into a drift car and another heli.
If your looking for a nitro keep me in mind lol I have one I can let go at a decent price with a ton of spare parts and upgrades.
Personal opinion I enjoyed the stadium trucks as a starter truck they aren't bad on a wallet and will get you good at flying off the jumps and aren't too bad in repair cost. A buggy would be my next vehicle if I was going to stay off road. But I'm trying new things so I'm going air born lol
Hope it helped for what it's worth lol just my 2¢

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in