Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #361 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
The reason any battery is less efficient at lower temperatures is because it's a chemical reaction. Chemical reactions (usually) slow down at lower temps. If there's a state change, like the electrolyte freezing, it can even disable the battery.
In a battery with liquid electrolyte, you are correct. In a lipo, cold will slow the reaction, but it should not ruin the battery. I don't believe, even if a lipo is frozen, that the interior of the battery will crystalize, unless you live in a higher humidity area. Interesting thought though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #362 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano / Cp Newbie questions

Hi I am new to the heli world and forum but have been racing 1/10 elec + 1/8 nitro for years but I am trying to get the hang of collective pitch. Anyway I have a Heli-max 1sq quad and flew it for a week or two before I couldn't stand it bought a Nano CP x RTF. Well the weather was been a bit nasty but went out this afternoon in a small field with semi tall grass(+1 for me) and I can get it to hover but when I begin to travel forward then make circles it starts leaning and builds speed in that direction very easily don't hold heading well have to make hard constant adjustments is this normal? I guess I'm used to a model stopping a move after releasing the stick but I am getting better and the slight breeze was making it tough. I am very OCD about my gear and race hard to finish well so I am not a quitter more of a cusser so I am going to keep reading and get a sim when I can so any suggestions to keeping the heli flying correct would be great! I did break one of the little white clips that hold the fin to tail boom and wanted to see what I can do to fix till I can get some stuff ordered? It has the outer clip but the one close to tail motor broke so it will rotate can I just glue the dot that goes in the hole in rotor mount with ca or should I use shoe goo? Thanks for any help/advice!
savannahmick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2014, 08:58 PM   #363 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default One last question! For now !

I have been trying to fly my Nano indoors without a breeze since it seemed tough earlier outdoors but every time I lift off it starts drifting backwards which makes me overcorrect immediately is this normal? I swear I fly my Heli-max 1sq quad with really good results and can make high speed direction changes easily but this little Nano is way to unstable. I am exp rc racer with a understanding of orientation and being smooth and make minimal corrections as your flying also can fly fixed pitch micro helis pretty easily but I can't keep it near me it starts going a direction and can't bring it back. I am confused about what I can do to get rid of the drift even if I be super smooth at low rates it shoots all over with every little touch is there something I can check to make sure it's working correct? I know CP is a whole other world from FP but I am chasing this guy even indoor. I can get it to hover but soon as I try moving around it begins building speed in whatever direction I travel even if I apply opposite pitch and turn nose towards me then push right stick forward it gets so wild I have to t.stop! Is it just me or need to adjust the heli? Thanks Again!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #364 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you using any expo? Also try just nudging the sticks, not a lot of movement is required to get a Cp heli moving. The nano can be an exercise in stick control everything needs to be precise to really fly well. Are you using the bullet blades? They can help stability. Also the As3x holds whatever attitude you feed in so just releasing the sticks won't help, every movement you feed in needs to be countered to get it stable. You say you can hover it, have you tried hovering in different orientations? It's a slow process but one day it just clicks, keep at it you'll get there.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2014, 10:49 AM   #365 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Nano CPX is a somewhat difficult CP trainer...it's agility is working against you

That being said, the AS3X system will teach you how to fly...not just how to avoid crashing

Any movement of the right stick causes movement of the heli in that direction...and it will continue until an equal movement in the opposite direction (or mix with any other)

Keep working on it and you will get better...

Shoo goo the tail fin or just take it off completely

You can gain a bit of rudder control if you use an mCPX tail boom...buy BLH3602 and use the entire contents (sooner or later you will crack a tail boom and need to replace it anyway)
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2014, 05:40 PM   #366 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks for the help/advice/info!

I appreciate your help and info and like I said I understand that it's a learning process. I will practice and the counter input is the thing I will be practicing when I can cause the weather sucks! I can hover but not indoors my rooms are not big and the heli is going backwards immediately after lift off so I have to have room to get it stable for hovering. I am going to try and get a dx6i and a calmer micro to fly soon also. Any more advice would be great and yeah I put the bullet blades on today. Thanks again!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #367 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, learning the fly cp with the Nano can be difficult, but its not impossible! You mentioned you bought the RTF Nano, so your most likely using the DX4e transmitter? If so, that makes it a little tougher, it doesn't have all the programming options to tame the Nano down. Turning on expo in the DX4e will help to soften the sticks around the center. Here is a link:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=352260

When you are practicing hovering, try and get the nano atleast 10-12" off the floor, it gets the heli out of ground effect (air turbulence created by the rotor blades) and will allow it to stabilize a little easier.

Hope it helps! Stick with it!
Superfast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #368 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm about 20 packs or so into mine and don't recall it coming back on take off. I still get some squirrely takeoffs that pull to left but have become much better are compensating soon as the skids lift. I can usually lift straight up now with minimal drift.. not always, but most of the time. Once you start getting it down you don't even think about it, it just happens. You'll feel your thumbs twitching like they're on their own. I'm using the recommended setup in their manual for my DX7, 30% expo. Many people say its too twitchy like that, but I like it. Been dabbling in this hobby off and on for years, but this is the first time I've actually been able to fly a CP heli.... and it's awesome Each step of progression just keeps you wanting more. I'm comfortable doing tail in hovers and sloppy lazy 8's slinging her around the playroom. Working on side hovers now and almost have one side down. Luckily, we have a decent size (18x19) playroom that I can fly in provided it isn't littered with toys! As for takeoffs and floating back though, I'm usually flying from my computer chair in that room and taking off from my feet. Sure you aren't overcompensating by pulling back on takeoff?
sporadic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #369 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks for info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfast View Post
I agree, learning the fly cp with the Nano can be difficult, but its not impossible! You mentioned you bought the RTF Nano, so your most likely using the DX4e transmitter? If so, that makes it a little tougher, it doesn't have all the programming options to tame the Nano down. Turning on expo in the DX4e will help to soften the sticks around the center. Here is a link:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=352260

When you are practicing hovering, try and get the nano atleast 10-12" off the floor, it gets the heli out of ground effect (air turbulence created by the rotor blades) and will allow it to stabilize a little easier.

Hope it helps! Stick with it!
Hey big thanks on the EXPO link! I did have a question about the expo with the dx4e. What is the default expo setting after activating it and can you adjust it? Also I wanted to reply to the other post below yours and I am being very careful to not pull back or any movement with the sticks until it is off the ground but it is leaning back immediately. I wonder if I can make the rear swash link longer by one turn could that help or is there anything else to make it lift straighter? I am giving up cause I am already hooked on the whole RC world and been racing semi-pro and hopefully pro soon in 1/8 nitro buggy/ 1/10 elec here on the east coast! Thanks Again!
Old 04-09-2014, 12:20 AM   #370 (permalink)
Registered Users

For learning purposes, once you get a DX6i or better, you can program in some forward subtrim. Just a few points to slow that backward run an take off. I still use subtrim on a few of my helis, especially if its not quite tuned up correctly. Balance is huge with these little helis. If you use a stock battery, then switch to a higher mah battery, I find the heli wants to run forward without stick input because the battery is longer and transfers weight forward. Subtrim can help negate that problem. Once you get more accustom to flying, you won't need as much subtrim, or any at all. Keep after it, it just takes practice (and lots of crashing)
Old 08-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #371 (permalink)
Registered Users

Something I had to learn in my first few flights (well, crashes) is that you have to commit to getting several feet off the ground. I kept trying to lift off real slow and gentle thinking I could keep it more stable that way. It would always try to slide around and fall over before I could lift off.

Now I throttle up to half stick, where there's enough head speed but not enough pitch to lift off, straighten the tail back out, then bump the throttle up around 3/4 to jump off the floor.

Just don't try to fly a few inches off the ground, the ground effect makes seem more unstable.
EngSteve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #372 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano turns off sometimes at low throttle

I am having an intermittent problem with my nano. It is about two weeks old and I have been flying about 4-8 batteries per day (4min per). Occasionally, it will seem to 'turn off' at low throttle. I will connect a freshly charged battery, it will light up after a couple of seconds and then I will hear the servos start to chirp (everything is normal up to this point) and then as I start to bring up the throttle the blades will start to spin and then completely stop and the blue light will go off. If I quickly push the throttle past that specific point it will blink off and then everything will be normal. If I leave the throttle where everything cuts off I will have to disconnect the battery and then reconnect it for anything to work again. This happens on, perhaps 1 out of every 10 flights. It might only happen after I have flown a battery or two, but I am not sure.

Here is some random information that may or may not be related / helpful... I am using a mix of old and new batteries, a dx6i. Rebinding seems to have no effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions on why this might be happening?
Jsmith114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2014, 08:21 AM   #373 (permalink)
Registered Users

I read through this thread and didn't see my issue addressed. I am having a hard time fee connecting my servo arm to the swash plate... The pin wants to bend.... Any tips?
Barnburner13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #374 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CP X tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner13 View Post
I read through this thread and didn't see my issue addressed. I am having a hard time fee connecting my servo arm to the swash plate... The pin wants to bend.... Any tips?

If you haven't already gotten the link on, here is how I do it. Hold the back of the swash plate arm with one half of pliers and the link from the servo on the other half. Like this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411703034.046233.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	538463
Wildcat1214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #375 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith114 View Post
I am having an intermittent problem with my nano. It is about two weeks old and I have been flying about 4-8 batteries per day (4min per). Occasionally, it will seem to 'turn off' at low throttle. I will connect a freshly charged battery, it will light up after a couple of seconds and then I will hear the servos start to chirp (everything is normal up to this point) and then as I start to bring up the throttle the blades will start to spin and then completely stop and the blue light will go off. If I quickly push the throttle past that specific point it will blink off and then everything will be normal. If I leave the throttle where everything cuts off I will have to disconnect the battery and then reconnect it for anything to work again. This happens on, perhaps 1 out of every 10 flights. It might only happen after I have flown a battery or two, but I am not sure.

Here is some random information that may or may not be related / helpful... I am using a mix of old and new batteries, a dx6i. Rebinding seems to have no effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions on why this might be happening?

Pay attention to which batteries it's happening with, I'm betting it's just an old battery that is cutting out.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:35 AM   #376 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I trust that you are aware that the servo rod ends only "snap" on one way...if you have them off by 1/2 turn, you won't get 'em on
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2014, 08:51 AM   #377 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
I trust that you are aware that the servo rod ends only "snap" on one way...if you have them off by 1/2 turn, you won't get 'em on

+1 I forgot about that too
Old 09-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #378 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got them on, I used pliers... I have huge fingers.. Lol
Barnburner13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2014, 04:43 PM   #379 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I got them on, I used pliers... I have huge fingers.. Lol

Lol, I know what that's like
Old 10-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #380 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1214 View Post
Pay attention to which batteries it's happening with, I'm betting it's just an old battery that is cutting out.
Thank you for your help!

I have started marking batteries with a sharpie when this happens, but have not yet noticed a pattern. It is possible that I have destroyed many of my batteries. When I got most of them I was very new to lipo's and flew them in my mSR until the low voltage cutoff. After that, I used the charger that was packaged with the mSR which may not have been ideal. I am now treating them more carefully and have a different charger.

I will be more scientific about my testing, but I fear that it is not a battery issue as I think I have used the same battery and gotten different results. I will know for sure in a few days, but is it possible that a bad battery could sometimes work and sometimes cut out under load? If this is happening across a number of different batteries, is it possible that this is a motor problem?

Once again, I would like to thank the community for their help. This site has been extremely helpful.
Jsmith114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in