Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Alarm question

With the Jeti we have two ways to set alarms. For example if I want a capacity alarm with my Mezon I can program it in the Mezon itself but I could just do it in the DC/DS-16 directly.

My question is if I do it directly what value would I put in the mezon or anything else for that matter?
If I was to leave both active what happens then?
(Ok so two questions)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you disable the morse alarms in the TX then the morse alarms generated by different telemetry sensors will not be displayed or reported on the TX. If the alarms in the device itself are still enabled the device will still send out the "legacy" morse code alarm but the TX will ignore it.

The morse alarms are more for pre-EX hardware and the Profibox and other legacy Jeti hardware than they are for the DC/DS16 where you can set the alarm parameters right on the TX.
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So basically most of the Mezon setup was useless I could have left all the alarm setting at any numbers it would mot have mattered?
What I am concern about is the cutoff type setting you can't deactivate it ? How is it going to work ?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're using a DS/DC16 then setting the alarm parameters in the Mezon or another Jeti telemetry module isn't needed unless you want to use the "legacy" morse alarms controlled by settings in the individual devices/modules which are less flexible and more time consuming to set than the alarms right in the TX. It's far faster and more flexible to disable the Morse alarm support in the TX, ignore those settings in the devices (via Jetibox), and set all the alarm parameters right on the TX alarms menu.

However, the LVC and capacity cutoff settings in the Mezon aren't alarms-- they are hard limits and those must be set through the Jetibox. When the voltage or capacity (mah) cutoff threshold is reached the Mezon will either do a hard cut or soft (gradual slowdown) of the throttle depending on your setting.

The capacity based throttle cut/slow down in the Mezon resets at every power up. If you don't want the Mezon to have a capacity-based throttle cut then set it to a value well above your pack capacity so it will never be reached.

With my Mezon on 12S 5000 packs I have the Mezon LVC set to 37.2V (cell count autodetect off so it won't detect an incorrect number of cells if I accidentally plug in an already-flown pack) and the capacity cut is set to 4500mah. Cut type is "slow down." In the TX I have the capacity alarm set to 3200mah (by the time I come in and land it's usually between 3350-3500mah consumed) and the voltage alarm set to 38.4V.
Jeti DC-16
Old 05-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you that was exactly what I wanted to know, much appreciate it.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Alarm question

There is one advantage with the morse alarm though: the morse code alarm triggers a voice alarm every tenth second or so. The tx-defined alarm is repeated every second. The latter will drive you mad.

Sent from my cellphone
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
There is one advantage with the morse alarm though: the morse code alarm triggers a voice alarm every tenth second or so. The tx-defined alarm is repeated every second. The latter will drive you mad.

Sent from my cellphone
I put the "Repeat" to an x on the ones I didn't want to repeat.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alarmRepeat.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	420967  

Last edited by BustedRaptor77; 05-17-2013 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: Wrong pic
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

On Mah I ended up setting it up to read the value in 1000 mah increments and not repeat. The final one is the actual Warning that repeats. Worked on the bench and why the value shows 10 for testing the theory out.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post

Sent from my cellphone
True. If Jeti would add a "repeat delay" it would be appreciated.

On the "fuel level low" voice alert on my turbine I added 5 seconds of silence in the .wav file so there is a 5 second pause between alerts rather than incessant back to back nagging.

On my Goblin the capacity alarm constantly nags me until I flip the switch to turn the alarms off. Maybe I'll record a 5 second blank .wav file and assign that to the alert, that way there will be 5 seconds of silence in between the TX alarm calling out the actual battery mah used.
Jeti DC-16
Old 05-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
True. If Jeti would add a "repeat delay" it would be appreciated.

On the "fuel level low" voice alert on my turbine I added 5 seconds of silence in the .wav file so there is a 5 second pause between alerts rather than incessant back to back nagging.

On my Goblin the capacity alarm constantly nags me until I flip the switch to turn the alarms off. Maybe I'll record a 5 second blank .wav file and assign that to the alert, that way there will be 5 seconds of silence in between the TX alarm calling out the actual battery mah used.
You don't have to do any of this just set more than one alarm and turn the repeat off.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

An alarm usually means time to land. So you don't need to hear it again. My original solution still stand

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=529241

Put the volume control on a knob and just turn it off. Till Jeti gives us an other option

Repeat off is good too. Turning it off gives you the option to hear it again if you have bad memory or bad hearing .
Old 05-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine reads off every 1000 mah and then the warning goes off at 3500 mah signaling it's time to land by doing this. No repeating. The one I have repeat is the voltage limit as that is what will really mess up your packs. Landing at 19% vs 20% ain't going to ruin the packs.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AlarmInc.png
Views:	280
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	420974  

Last edited by BustedRaptor77; 05-17-2013 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: added what repeats
Old 05-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like having the really important alarms on repeat... there has been more than one instance where I've missed the initial alert because of background noise or someone talking to me and distracting me. Thus I have the important alarms on repeat activated by a switch I can easily turn off once I hear them or I can turn the volume down with the LH slider.

One time alerts are good for "progress" reports but for the critical alerts like fuel level, time to land pack capacity, etc I like to have them on repeat. Having an adjustable "repeat" delay would be appreciated to avoid the non-stop nagging as it's currently implemented. As mentioned you could set up multiple alarms with just enough difference between the alarm settings that it would essentially be a "delayed repeat" without being a constantly repeating alarm.
Jeti DC-16
Old 05-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedRaptor77 View Post
Mine reads off every 1000 mah and then the warning goes off at 3500 mah signaling it's time to land by doing this. No repeating.

I like that.
I wonder if we might run out of alarms for some more involved setup. I did not see a limit on the number of alarm possible in the manual.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the best solution is if the alarms could be global and separate like everything else. Then you could just have an on ground flight mode switch.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the end the ideal would be a repeat that you can turn off with a switch or even better momentarily delay

Jeti are you listening
Old 05-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
I like that.
I wonder if we might run out of alarms for some more involved setup. I did not see a limit on the number of alarm possible in the manual.
Easy to test. I have a whole slew of them and haven't run out. I have 12 alarms and seems fine.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
In the end the ideal would be a repeat that you can turn off with a switch or even better momentarily delay

Jeti are you listening
Should of said something earlier I saw them today at Joe Nall LOL.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedRaptor77 View Post
I think the best solution is if the alarms could be global and separate like everything else. Then you could just have an on ground flight mode switch.
You can already do this with logical switches; make a logical switch that's only active in certain flight modes and use that logical switch to enable the alarms. Assign the "nagging" alarms to be active only while flying and as soon as you land and switch throttle hold on the alarm shuts off.

I'd still like to see Jeti implement an adjustable "repeat delay" parameter for the alarms.
Jeti DC-16
Old 05-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
You can already do this with logical switches; make a logical switch that's only active in certain flight modes and use that logical switch to enable the alarms. Assign the "nagging" alarms to be active only while flying and as soon as you land and switch throttle hold on the alarm shuts off.

I'd still like to see Jeti implement an adjustable "repeat delay" parameter for the alarms.
Cool thanks I'll play with that tonight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in