Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCX

mCX Blade (eFlite) Micro CX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7AHYRieN0[/ame]

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I glued my weight down so it couldn't move, and the heli still vibrated.
Marine6680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check to see if your CF rod has a slit or crack in it..that would cause vibrations.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was brand new and it was not split... but like I said in the OP... I found the fix.

Why is it so hard for people to accept that this actually works?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

It may work, but there is still an underlying problem...I also found there was vibration from the 5n1 to the canopy...easy fix, put the soft side of velcro around the inside of the canopy where it rubs the 5n1.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah... I think its how the frame is set up inducing feedback into the board amplifying vibrations and the gyro is freaking out.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

anyone figure this out yet?

i've tried everything listed here so far and nothing worked.......and i think i might have warped my frame during the test flights cause now it drifts to the right with the full body on & it was perfectly trimmed for flying with the full body on

....actually i just thought of something...could the vibration be coming from the slop in the stock swashplate?
bondkiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Taking the canopy off didnt fix my tail vibration...
Old 11-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey PFloyd

Did you have the long or short swash balls attached when flying with the tail boom in your video above? Your flight is so vibration free! Mines like a fish!

Like Marine, mine is also brand new and all the parts are true and good, but the tail boom vibration is terrible and Marines idea of taking the top of the canopy off didnt work at all...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Bhu
Old 11-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am on the long balls...I must be lucky...I did rebind it when I put the CF tailboom on.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

i don't know what i did, but my vibrations stopped. i have my weight glued down and the fin is glued to the boom as well. i think doing both of those things helped. its vibration free at all times EXCEPT when making hard left turns. but it doesn't have the left turn wobble where it falls from the sky, just a little shake in the tail sometimes. MH upgrades may have helped, but that could be placebo effect too...
bondkiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine started vibrating a little bit tonight, and added a little bit of sewing machine oil to the two bearings and it stopped.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am on the long balls as well... so that may be part of it.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too had massive vibration on mine after I put the boom on. I replaced my swash with the micro heli CNC, and after fixing the linkage lengths I flew it again with the carbon fiber boom. Nearly all the vibration is gone now. I had ordered the CNC swash for a different reason, but I'm glad it helped with this issue!
wussie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey marine,

thanks to your theory I could also solve my vibration problem with the carbon tail boom.
Its in most cases definately a problem with the airflow. Ive noticed if I pull out the battery a little bit so its a bit slope showing down to the ground the vibrations stopped. Battery straight in: Vibrations back.

After this i recognized that canopy changes have the same effect. But I did it different.
I dont removed the canopy on the back holders so that the nose went down, I removed the canopy on the front holders - so that the holders press from inside against the canopy. In my case the servos didnt touched the canopy but there is not much room. And the best thing of all: It does not influence the look of your MCX. Still looks the same.

So at least: Thanks marine

Im wondering if there are some canopys out there which may fit the mcx 2 and does not produce vibrations.
dongzhuo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have tried a couple, all caused vibration. I ended up widening two of the mounting holes in the canopy to prevent it touching the posts, and that worked well. It still holds on well from the other two posts and the hole isn't much larger, so the canopy does not flop around.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not a bad idea, may I will try it marine.

Well that is all pretty strange. Yesterday I wanted to try out the original body. So i pulled out my tail boom and put the full canopy body on it.

Of course no vibrations but not that cool style and less speed and action
So I changed back and put in again the CF Tail Boom. This time I thought I will press it in as hard as I can. Dont think it went deeper in as before but im not sure.

And now suddenly the vibration is nearly gone. I dont have to modify my canopy anymore. Thats really strange. There is still a small vibration which you also have on the standard canopy full body but you dont see it that good. I mean this is a coax with 4 blades, 2 gears and 2 motors. Of course there must be produced some little vibration somewhere which is of course conducted directly into the tail boom as these is connected directly with the main body.

Ok long words short sense: The hard vibration has suddenly gone and I only have the small standard vibrations which I believe are "normal".
Old 02-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad its working for you.

Its possible that you put the boom back in deeper or shallower, and that affected the dynamics of the whole.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ye thats possible. Have now approx 20 flights since this behind me. No vibrations anymore. Actually I think I should stop thinking about those vibrations as they are just wating to come back
Old 02-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't jinx it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in