Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage Fusion 50

Outrage Fusion 50 Outrage Fusion 50 Electric Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #381 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
3GX better than 3G for sure.. but just be aware it is still the bottom of the barrel for flybarless controllers. Depending on you flying/skill level, you will want an ikon, skookum, vbar etc in the future.
Skill level? So the others are for beginners or advanced pilots?

3GX V3.0 Jamie Robertson (4 min 19 sec)

Old 06-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #382 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
3GX better than 3G for sure.. but just be aware it is still the bottom of the barrel for flybarless controllers. Depending on you flying/skill level, you will want an ikon, skookum, vbar etc in the future.
That's a common quote, and one I'd heard over and over so I tried one for myself. Guess what? It doesn't suck!

What I did find irritating is the lack of factory support for setup and tuning questions compared to other brands, and it would be nice if it had a governor. That aside, it flew really great. V3 has a natural feel to the cyclic, the tail performance was impressive, and everyone I let fly my Fusion with the 3GX was impressed.

In fact, if I hadn't wanted to go to an external governor on everything it would probably still be installed on my Fusion.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #383 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: *Fusion 50 Setup's*

Hey guys I was wondering what's the highest headspeed I can run im fairly new and don't know how fast I can go on the head. Im running 2250 governed and 12.5 on the pitch and its plenty fast i just wanna know how fast can it go safely or keep it as is and just add more pitch to go faster what you guys think, here's my set up

CY Radix V2 625s
CY 95 tail
HK 4035-500 15T
Ice2 80hv
Beastx
Spider 3300 30c batts
Aligh 610s cyclic. 650 tail

Cesar

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
CesarManuel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #384 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From others' experiences, the weak link in the Fusion are the 2.5mm tail grip bolts. At high headspeeds you run the risk of ejecting tail grips.

IMO, 2250 is too high if you are a new pilot and not doing hardcore smack 3D. If you drop it back to ~2000 (or even less) you will enjoy longer flights.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:24 AM   #385 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree Chris. The tail can be fixed by using higher quality bolts (which is what I've done), or by installing a different tail assembly such as a Quick UK one; theres a good thread in here about it.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #386 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanx guys and yea no smack just flips rolls sime upside down stuff and trying ti figure out tic tocs and funnels.....didn't know about the tail thanx again for the info guys def gonna look into the fixing it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
CesarManuel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #387 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just get some high quality 12.9 grade bolts and run the hell out of it !
Old 11-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #388 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, that's what I did when I went down to a 550 size on mine, since I knew I'd be cranking the headspeed up. I also dropped to 84.5mm tail blades which reduces the stress on the grip bolts. So far no shucked grips, even at 2450.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #389 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just had a light crash with my Fusion 50 yesterday. Everything was going great with the first few minutes of flight. Tail was holding perfectly, cyclic feel was just like a simulator then out of no where it just starting spinning and making a chattering noise while I was bringing it back upright (doing a half piro flip). I hit the throttle hold as soon as it starting spinning so damage is light. For sure I need new landing gear, boom, blades, and PC links. Everything else looks good on the initial inspection. I could still need a main shaft, feathering shaft, etc... I think the torque tube wasn't meshed properly (spaced too far apart from the ends) and started slipping. My dash cam in the car caught the crash but didn't get the beginning of the flight. It's motion sensitive so I'm lucky it got the crash on video.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:20 PM   #390 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters

Put 3 flights on my now "Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopter" / xmas gift. Fusion 50 FBL.

First 600 class for me. First time flying anything other than my stretched Protos 500. What difference in stability a light extra mass and inertia makes.

Since this Antique forum is a bit dated, I thought I'd share my setup and thank my brother for this Awesome heli and assistance with setup!

Fusion 50 FBL 12s
Stock Outrage 8 pole Quantum 4125-560
Hobbywing 100HV v3 with current firmware (Nov 2016)
Jeti Anti-Spark bullet
Ikon/Brain old v2 with current firmware 3.0.2
Align 615/655
Funkey 610mm main
KBDD 92mm tail
UniSense-E Telemetry
(mah consumed, pressure, temp, rpm, volts, amps)
R7008SB / T14SG

Main Gearing Ratio 9.2727:1
11T slant pinion, Mod 1
102T slant main, Mod 1

AR 90T/24T Mod 1 black gears
Stock boom, stock TT (22:18) gears
4.5833:1 tail to main ratio

Ikon Gov (1000 / 2000 endpoints in ikon)
Normal 1850 rpm (45% TX/ikon flat curve) (maybe 75% esc output)
IU1 1950 rpm (60% flat curve) (maybe 79% esc output)
IU2 2050 rpm (85% flat curve) (maybe 84% esc output)

Guessing on the esc output, since my original setup had 10 pole motor configured by mistake and I was getting 2450 rpm HS on fresh pack 50.4 volts. Would not go any faster, so I assume that was 100% throttle output from the esc.

Default ikon gains worked extremely well out of the box. Slow spool-up to protect the TT gears. Rescue doesn't work so well... too much vibration.

Flying with my Protos 500 LiPo's... 2600mah Pulse 45c and Roaring Top 45c. Still trying to adjust to the flying style and dial in the mah consumed alarm setpoints.

Hobbywing Setup: Airplane Mode (ikon gov), all other parameters are HW stock settings.

I'm not sure if this helps anyone, but I thought I'd join the Fusion club... 4 years late to the party.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in