Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by farren View Post
How much Weight do you think your 800's will lift? We should shoot a video of different sized helis Long Lining...That actually would be kinda cool... I saw one of 450 lifting a couple of full Molson Canadian Beers ...Hella Funny!
Never tried a weight lifting contest with my 800's, nor do I think I would like to.... but my 650 AP Stretch managed to carry 3 paving bricks ~ 13 Lbs. for better than 9 minutes.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 05:55 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thats impressive....Was that full out or was there Power to spare?
Old 10-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by farren View Post
Thats impressive....Was that full out or was there Power to spare?
That was @ 1450 HS like i said it's a AP rig

Old 10-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My Condor stretch lifted 20 lbs no problem running 830mm Rotortechs
Old 10-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebianDog View Post
My Condor stretch lifted 20 lbs no problem running 830mm Rotortechs
Not too shabby for turning 830's, 710 FAI's work well for me

Old 10-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well I waas not going for a record or anything. Just wanted to see
Old 10-04-2010, 07:34 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No worries..it's all good!

Old 10-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Pilot View Post
Oh FFS, you cannot just go out and teach yourself in these things yourself. I don't care if he is a ultra lite pilot, those ultra lite's fly themselves. This thing WILL try and kill him, and it will succeed unless he goes and get's flying lessons. And even if he does succeed in somehow managing to learn ho to hover, he will have no understanding of power management and dig a hole very quickly once he tries to arrest a descent.

And I'm not being dramatic, I have both a fixed wing and helicopter license, I know how quickly these things can get away from you. Just like R/C, the smaller the model the more sensitive it is, and this will be very sensitive.

Show him this if he is still being an idiot about it show him this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh6VdRRDBM4

The heli in the video is far more stable and predictable than what he is going to try and fly. Plus it offer's far more crash protection, your friend will lose at least an arm in a rollover, if not his head.

And if he is still being the biggest idiot on the planet, I want a video of his first attempt to fly! Maybe it can teach someone else not to be an idiot.
Where did you get this fixed wing license you speak of? Last time I checked I had a private pilot certification... not a license. I’m just messing with ya, I'm sure you meant certificate. Or is it an actual 'license' down under?

But seriously, having 50,000 hours in a fixed wing ultra light will give you absolutely noting when it comes to learning to fly a heli.

Down Low,
Your buddy can kill himself and that’s his choice but he can just as easily kill a random person on the ground. I doubt that he will be testing this thing all alone away from anybody cuz that would be just plain stupid... cuz if he did crash nobody may find him for a while. What if he crashes and a blade goes flying and kills some kid? That would be NOT cool!

Sorry for the rant, its just that to date I have witnessed 3 people die and one become a paraplegic (all un-related incidents) due to the 'I'm above the average man' mentality. And the worst part is the last guy had a buddy in the back seat that got brain damage and a broken neck because he trusted his friend.
You know, come to think of it a guy at my airport got lucky about a month ago in a trike... He is an airline pilot and he reacted on instinct, he 'pulled back' on the bar on landing and plowed it into the runway. Luckily he was not hurt, but from what I was told he had no experience in a weight-shift type aircraft.

Sorry, I know this stuff is un-related to 800 helis.

Niteflyr
Love the frankenheli and the custom, that framer is beautiful to say the least! I live on the island too; I would love to see that thing in person. Where do you fly and when are you gonna fly that beast?!? I'f you dont mind that is...
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Niteflyr
Love the frankenheli and the custom, that framer is beautiful to say the least! I live on the island too; I would love to see that thing in person. Where do you fly and when are you gonna fly that beast?!? I'f you dont mind that is...

Thank you, I usually sneak into the South Shore Mall parking lots in Bayshore early mornings on the weekends, or go to my old elementary school in West Islip.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicovaludemero View Post
Where did you get this fixed wing license you speak of? Last time I checked I had a private pilot certification... not a license. I’m just messing with ya, I'm sure you meant certificate. Or is it an actual 'license' down under?

For General Aviation flying you require a license, recreational pilot's only require a certificate.
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixmaster Pilot View Post
For General Aviation flying you require a license, recreational pilot's only require a certificate.
Ahh ok I see, in Australia you guys call every rating a license... Here in the states there is no such thing as a 'license' in the aviation world, we have certificates, amendments and ratings.
Interesting to see how a similar entity can be given a different designation in another country.
BaconRaygun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in